PDA

View Full Version : Keep Race city Goin!!!!!!

BiG_BoI_LuDe
03-31-2008, 01:31 AM
Ok. this might have been posted already, but I don't care because there isn't enough signatures on this thing!!!!!

In case you don't know the city is taking away Racecity, well its land anyways.

this is a link to the petition to get the city to make it a priority to find race city A new location. I know many beyond members use this track.

If you don't, every mid April-October Friday nights. you bring what ever car you drive and drag your cars. they have Lights and time slips. only 25 bucks. Common ppl. we need to keep this track goin or were not goin to have a place to test our skills and mainly the cars we build.

Link
http://www.petitiononline.com/racecity/petition.html

theres only 5974 sigs. were gonna need alot more than that to get the city's attention!!!

403Gemini
03-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Other than edmontons track which is far superior to race city...

Don't get me wrong I enjoy race city... but lets face it, its a dump. If Race city were to stay "alive" i'd want a new location that is actually maintained properly... not a crappy strip in middle of a grassy field with hordes of mosquitos.

New venue for race city! :thumbsup:

Canmorite
03-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Don't get me wrong I enjoy race city... but lets face it, its a dump. If Race city were to stay "alive" i'd want a new location that is actually maintained properly... not a crappy strip in middle of a grassy field with hordes of mosquitos.

New venue for race city! :thumbsup:

It would be much less costly to overhaul the existing location then to scope out a new huge lot, and start from scratch.

The mosquitos however, need to go.

Thaco
03-31-2008, 11:31 AM
this has been posted over and over, online petitions do nothing, most of us that care have already signed it, and it's not gonna happen.

adam c
03-31-2008, 11:33 AM
honestly don't care about race city...

the place is a dive.. the workers there are pretty sketchy and the bugs and track is retarded.. it's nothing like it used to be

a new track, a better track, a longer track in a new location and perhaps bring in some real races would be awesome but it won't happen

DragZilla
03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

It would be much less costly to overhaul the existing location then to scope out a new huge lot, and start from scratch.

The mosquitos however, need to go.

The current location is built ontop of the garbage dump... the land moves constantly every year which is a main reason why the track is so shitty.
They have no choice but to get a new location or close for good. But its a matter of the city helping out.

buh_buh
03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
There are people in this city who enjoy more than just driving in a straight line. While Bud Park or whatever its called now does have a superior drag strip, they lack in a full roadcourse and an oval.

Where's the next closest roadcourse? I know of Stratotech in Fort Sask, but you don't even get out of 3rd gear, so I don't think that really counts. Other than that, I think you have to venture further west into BC to find another roadcourse.

97'Scort
03-31-2008, 12:10 PM
^ I think he was joking :) Stratotech is the only one up here, and you can only run one car at a time on it since it's a kart/bike course.

Castrol raceway is currently getting sponsors for a road course but it's at least 5 years away from being done.

Edit: Actually, according to the website, they're building the road course right now. Looks pretty small but better than nothing.

http://www.castrolraceway.com/Facility.html (road course outline in the top left)

BiG_BoI_LuDe
04-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Well it won't be such a dump if we get the new track. the city wants the land so either way there will be a new location!. Since the current so called "racing accident" I read in the sun that the officer said "Leave the racing to the race track,". So I decided to email the calgary sun and talked about the issue of how the city isn't goin to renew the leased or look for new land and how street racing, and organized street racing will grow in the city.

they probably won't even do it but in the chance that they will, i for one would want a new track in calgary.

We all gotta try. if you just sit there and do nothing you'll get nothing back.

BiG_BoI_LuDe
04-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Well it won't be such a dump if we get the new track. the city wants the land so either way there will be a new location!. Since the current so called "racing accident" I read in the sun that the officer said "Leave the racing to the race track,". So I decided to email the calgary sun and talked about the issue of how the city isn't goin to renew the lease or look for new land and how street racing, and organized street racing will grow in the city.

they probably won't even do it but in the chance that they will, i for one would want a new track in calgary.

We all gotta try. if you just sit there and do nothing you'll get nothing back.

403Gemini
04-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
There are people in this city who enjoy more than just driving in a straight line. While Bud Park or whatever its called now does have a superior drag strip, they lack in a full roadcourse and an oval.

Where's the next closest roadcourse? I know of Stratotech in Fort Sask, but you don't even get out of 3rd gear, so I don't think that really counts. Other than that, I think you have to venture further west into BC to find another roadcourse.

Pft! Drifting is soooooo 2006... ;)

Syph3r
04-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I herd rumors from some local guys that the city is considering opening up and maintaining a new track up by the new horse track. As it appears now it could be done and operational shortly after race city closes.

Rumors are Rumors but this one has some wait to it in my books.

Ether way we will most likely have a new track ether city or privately owned in the near future.

bashir26
04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
6000 signatures won't matter. What would matter is that 6000 people that signed would go out and race this year.

ekguy
06-13-2008, 05:29 PM
bump...keep the dream alive guys