PDA

View Full Version : C350 4Matic

alias
03-31-2008, 04:01 PM
i just wanted to know if anyone on here has purchased one and is currently driving it. if so please post your overall experience with this vehicle. my car has arrived in halifax is on its way to BC by rail.

el-nino
03-31-2008, 04:21 PM
I have a 08 c300 non 4matic. I love the car. The breaks are pretty damn squeky but I guess that is pretty normal with Mercedes. Other than that it is a really pleasurable car to drive. The seats are rediculasly comfortable and the interior is just phenomenal. I dont have Nav but I do have all the other options.
The sport model is much better looking than the normal model so I am hoping you got that one.
The artico leather seats, in my opinion, are much more comfortbale and durable than my buddies BMW 3 series.
For the price you cant go wrong. Compared to my buddies 3 series the benz comes with way more standard options. This made me lean more to buying because I like my toys. The Bluetooth works flawlessly and the Harmon Kardon stereo is top notch.
Also, the fact that you can controll the onboard computer from the steering wheel is also a really cool feature. I can controll everything that the stereo can do as well as read messages when tire pressure is low.
The breaks are way above par and are a bit sensative. This is something that took me about 3 days to get used to.
Interior room is much bigger than the previous c class as well.
I like this car because it turns heads as well. I get compliments from 50 year olds and 15 year olds. There is not a lot of new C classes yet but I do expect that to change and sooner or later there will be as much c lass owners as 3 series owners.
I have had the car for 3 months and the biggest complaint is the squekyness of the breaks. My dads E class had the same issue.
My 2 cents!

alias
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
el-nino thanks for the response. i ordered a c350 4 matic in obsidian black. the car is loaded MM, pano and all the goodies. at the time i ordred the 18's amg were not an option. about a month after the order was placed i noticed they were adding the rims as 1500 dollar option. i was a little upset but what can i do? i am really looking forward to this car! and i hope it lives up to my expectations.

i have read alot of people were complaining about the break squeaking. i hope that this is not a huge problem. its funny that you mentioned that your father has a e500. my paps got an 04 E500 4matic i think that is what got me thinking about a benz. he did have some problems with the breaks as well. if i remember correctly there was a recall on them. something to do with the EBS? not sure if this is the same problem that you and the others are having. you might want to talk to the dealer and see what they can do.

alias
04-01-2008, 12:44 PM
i guess this is not a very popular vehicle around here :dunno:

me&you
04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by alias
i guess this is not a very popular vehicle around here :dunno:

Have you looked at what most people on this site drive? Now, if you had a question about a CRX and the amount of rust you can expect in your first year of stewardship, then you'd be in the right place :D

QuasarCav
04-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by me&you

Have you looked at what most people on this site drive? Now, if you had a question about a CRX and the amount of rust you can expect in your first year of stewardship, then you'd be in the right place :D

That was Beyond circa 2004. The new beyond is more like " I can't fit my 3rd 335i in the garage, does anyone have extra room?"