PDA

View Full Version : cabbies

swak
03-31-2008, 06:05 PM
I realize they are allowed to turn down people, but the other day i ordered a van... it comes i had my bike with me (small bmx).. I walk up the cabbie and he wont let me put it in his van, its clean and everything hes just being an a-hole.
Are they allowed to do this? I wasnt dressed bad, i live in a great neighbourhood...
I want to say something to checker but i know it wont get anywhere.
Its just BS.
How would you deal with that, or have you had problems like this with cabs in calgary?

TomcoPDR
03-31-2008, 06:11 PM
I haven't taken cabs in Calgary for yearsssss, but they are allow to refuse service, it's their vehicle or a vehicle which they're responsible for.

I dunno maybe just ask at the next taxi commission public hearing http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_0_766_236_0_43/http%3B/content.calgary.ca/CCA/City+Hall/Boards+and+Committees/Calgary+Taxi+Commission/Meeting+Dates.htm

Did you end up riding ur bike back home then?

Tik-Tok
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
I hate cabs here.

When we got back from holidays, we leave the airport exit, walk up to a cab and ask for a ride, he tells me in broken english I have to go to the front of the line (about 30 cars up). Ok, fine, that's annoying seeing as how I should be able to pick any car I want, but whatever, it's their system.

We walk up 30 cars, get in the cab, he asks where we're going, I tell him the Esso Avitat (where my car is parked). He looks at me funny, starts the clock, then proceeds to get OUT OF the car and goes to talk to an Airport guy. After 2 min. of talking, the airport guy walks up to my door and asks where we're going. WTF????

I understand they have a system going on in the airport for taxi's, but I've never felt more alienated about being a customer. How DARE I go to a cab outside the airport door I exit, how DARE I ask to go wherever the hell I want in the cab, how DARE I actually expect some decent customer service in this city.

swak
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
haha wow, thanks for the link...I didnt know that existed... Im not going to a meeting to voice a small opinion though. Honestly not worth it, wont get anywhere... But i agree their allowed to refuse service, but when its BS like that, i think thats another story.

And no i ended up walking home carrying it...It was sunday morning, when we got the big dump of snow. Impossible to ride and not good at all.

swak
03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I hate cabs here.

When we got back from holidays, we leave the airport exit, walk up to a cab and ask for a ride, he tells me in broken english I have to go to the front of the line (about 30 cars up). Ok, fine, that's annoying seeing as how I should be able to pick any car I want, but whatever, it's their system.

We walk up 30 cars, get in the cab, he asks where we're going, I tell him the Esso Avitat (where my car is parked). He looks at me funny, starts the clock, then proceeds to get OUT OF the car and goes to talk to an Airport guy. After 2 min. of talking, the airport guy walks up to my door and asks where we're going. WTF????

I understand they have a system going on in the airport for taxi's, but I've never felt more alienated about being a customer. How DARE I go to a cab outside the airport door I exit, how DARE I ask to go wherever the hell I want in the cab, how DARE I actually expect some decent customer service in this city.

Couldnt agree with you more.
I understand the go to the front of the line, as its the first cab that gets there gets the fare. Otherwise some cars would never get picked. Sure, whatever.

But when half.....90% of them dont know their way around the city. Its annoying, eaither that or their trying to bs me, and taking the long way around to get the bigger fare.

Then waiting on the phone for an hr when u need one, then another hr to get one.

adidas
03-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I hate cabs here.

Most cabbies that go to the airport wait a good hour or 2 just to get in line to transport someone. I guess the 5 min ride that you wanted to get wasnt really worth it for him waiting all that time.

I agree with you tho, he still should of given u a ride.