PDA

View Full Version : mr2 spyder?

LiquidK
03-31-2008, 08:35 PM
ive been looking at the mr2 spyder, specifically the 04'

this summe ri was gonna head down to the states and pick up a 350, but something about this car appeals to me
its a bit cheaper, but im thinking their must be a few reasons this isnt used very often as a tuner car

sorry, i know enough googling could give me answers, but if anyone has any insight on the flaws of this car, let me know

avow
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
well first of all they are black listed so they are not allowed into canada as of now. secondly they are more of a throw back to the first gen mr2 so much less power (like they are actually slow as balls), more focus on balance. thats the two main reasons for the most part.

Godfuader
03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
The most popular tuner mod for this car is swapping in the 2ZZ engine (Gen.7 Celica GTS). Now you know when the most common mod involves swapping an engine...its not going to be a very affordable tuner. That being said, its a pretty light car with alot of potential with a 2ZZ engine, and alot of fun too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtXVttdfh0&feature=related

Kloubek
03-31-2008, 10:54 PM
It doesn't matter how good of a tuner it is or not... he's never gonna be able to get one up here...

Godfuader
03-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
It doesn't matter how good of a tuner it is or not... he's never gonna be able to get one up here...
We had established that with avow's post.

ekguy
03-31-2008, 11:13 PM
there is one up here but the work involved is not for the faint of heart....something about bringing it in basicly piece by piece and re-assembling as a kit car. Someone should post up the thread because I know the guy who owns it is on here but don't know his user name.

Kloubek
04-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Well, I suppose you could try to base it on another car chassis, and have the basic shell put on that...

It'd be a hell of a lot of work I figure...

boxer23
04-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
there is one up here but the work involved is not for the faint of heart....something about bringing it in basicly piece by piece and re-assembling as a kit car. Someone should post up the thread because I know the guy who owns it is on here but don't know his user name.

His username is War

LiquidK
04-01-2008, 04:35 PM
i love the car.... but i honestly dont think its worth THAT much work. wouldnt mind swapping the engine, but if getting it in here is that difficult... ill probably pass.

thanks everyone