PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Day Pranks

Hi-Psi
04-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Well I thought I'd see if anyone did any April Fools pranks this year.

Here's my prank from this morning:

We had a hot tub party at a friends house and managed to have quite a few pops, I end up faking being hammmered at the end of the night and tell them that I'm worried I might be too drunk to drive. They insist that I'm fine (my friends are horrible, they deserve this prank) and I leave a little before them so I can scope out checkstops if there are any. Anyways, I call them once I'm about 3/4 home and tell them there's a checkstop on Deerfoot and that I think I'm screwed. I end up calling my parents as well, waking them up at 1:30am telling them the same story. I end up phoning friends back and forth(including my parents) and fake crying and crap, telling them I got a DUI and that I'm screwed. I give them time to let that soak in and then as I'm arriving home I call my parents and friends back and break the lovely news that they all just fell for an April Fools prank.

Needless to say, everyone had been freaking out and I feel like a million bucks for pulling it off without a single doubter.

PS: Don't drink and drive!

/////AMG
04-01-2008, 02:53 AM
:rofl: You don't waste any time do you?

xenofire
04-01-2008, 02:57 AM
(this was pulled on my roommate when i was still in res at sait)

my other roommates twisted off the shower head and put crushed butterscotch lifesavers into it and waited till someone had a shower.

it took a minute before the hot water started melting the lifesavers, but once they did, he got a shower of liquid sticky goo all over him. apparently he didnt figure out it was coming from the shower and kept trying to wash it off.

i'm just glad he beat me to the shower that morning!

Dave P
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Hi-Psi
Well I thought I'd see if anyone did any April Fools pranks this year.

Here's my prank from this morning:

We had a hot tub party at a friends house and managed to have quite a few pops, I end up faking being hammmered at the end of the night and tell them that I'm worried I might be too drunk to drive. They insist that I'm fine (my friends are horrible, they deserve this prank) and I leave a little before them so I can scope out checkstops if there are any. Anyways, I call them once I'm about 3/4 home and tell them there's a checkstop on Deerfoot and that I think I'm screwed. I end up calling my parents as well, waking them up at 1:30am telling them the same story. I end up phoning friends back and forth(including my parents) and fake crying and crap, telling them I got a DUI and that I'm screwed. I give them time to let that soak in and then as I'm arriving home I call my parents and friends back and break the lovely news that they all just fell for an April Fools prank.

Needless to say, everyone had been freaking out and I feel like a million bucks for pulling it off without a single doubter.

PS: Don't drink and drive!

Not really funny.

More of just being a dick. I wish you did get a DUI ha

This is more like it

Rat Fink
04-01-2008, 08:32 AM

civic_stylez
04-01-2008, 09:26 AM
i told my gf this morning that i was moving away and that i needed her help to pack... she'd barely woken up and she had no idea.. i let the tears flow for about 5 mins and then i told her it was april fools... im getting the silent treatment for the rest of the day but it was worth it.:thumbsup:

Hawk01
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by xenofire
(this was pulled on my roommate when i was still in res at sait)

my other roommates twisted off the shower head and put crushed butterscotch lifesavers into it and waited till someone had a shower.

it took a minute before the hot water started melting the lifesavers, but once they did, he got a shower of liquid sticky goo all over him. apparently he didnt figure out it was coming from the shower and kept trying to wash it off.

i'm just glad he beat me to the shower that morning!

:rofl:

joyridder
04-01-2008, 11:34 AM
I once woke my dad up at 5:00 in the morning, told him that there was several police cars in from of the house and that it looks like they had the house sourounded....they were asking for him. He shot out of bed, got his clothes on and was swearing, WTF did you do??????? lol,
was too funny, he was swearing the whole time!!! haha memories~~

bobby_lu
04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Man what happened to the classics?

Saran Wrap under the toilet seat!

l/l/rX
04-01-2008, 11:40 AM
mmm i really wanna toss a durian fruit in one of my friends car or house next year.

01RedDX
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Jayson
04-01-2008, 12:53 PM
#8: The Left-Handed Whopper
In 1998 Burger King published a full page advertisement in USA Today announcing the introduction of a new item to their menu: a "Left-Handed Whopper" specially designed for the 32 million left-handed Americans. According to the advertisement, the new whopper included the same ingredients as the original Whopper (lettuce, tomato, hamburger patty, etc.), but all the condiments were rotated 180 degrees for the benefit of their left-handed customers. The following day Burger King issued a follow-up release revealing that although the Left-Handed Whopper was a hoax, thousands of customers had gone into restaurants to request the new sandwich. Simultaneously, according to the press release, "many others requested their own 'right handed' version."

haha funny stuff... "many others requested their own 'right handed' version" hahaha bunch of morons

xLostx
04-01-2008, 01:11 PM
one of my roommates hid an alarm clock in my closet and set it to go off at 5 something this morning. i was not pleased.

euro_racer
04-01-2008, 01:13 PM
i told my g/f to call me when she came home from school because we had to "talk about things" and then when she did call me i told her i'm breaking up with her :devil:

.....it was good for 30sec when she was crying and then i had to remind her it was april1 haha

snowboard
04-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
i told my g/f to call me when she came home from school because we had to "talk about things" and then when she did call me i told her i'm breaking up with her :devil:

.....it was good for 30sec when she was crying and then i had to remind her it was april1 haha

HORRIBLE hahahahaha

eb0i
04-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
i told my gf this morning that i was moving away and that i needed her help to pack... she'd barely woken up and she had no idea.. i let the tears flow for about 5 mins and then i told her it was april fools... im getting the silent treatment for the rest of the day but it was worth it.:thumbsup:

Haha that's pure evil. I thought about a similar prank for the gf last night, but didn't have the balls to pull it off today. :rofl:

wardpr68
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
5 Flames Players Suspended (http://baikal.arts.ualberta.ca/%7Ehgm/www.tsn.ca.htm)

bulaian
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
5 Flames Players Suspended (http://baikal.arts.ualberta.ca/%7Ehgm/www.tsn.ca.htm)

pretty bad fail... URL is a dead give away and the link to the "full story" is http://baikal.arts.ualberta.ca/~hgm/April%20Fools.htm

Hi-Psi
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

Not really funny.

More of just being a dick. I wish you did get a DUI ha

This is more like it

Um, I wasn't actually drunk, only pretending to be. There's more to the story but I'm too lazy to post it.

szw
04-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I pranked him with a tire iron.

adidas
04-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Gf came over today and said we had to "talk about things"

She told me that she is 4 months pregnent...thats pretty much the moment i thought my life ended.

Then she jumped on me and said April Fools...i didnt talk to her for a few min.

Now i wish i had pulled off something on her liek the rest of u fellas did to ur gfs.

403Gemini
04-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Gf came over today and said we had to "talk about things"

She told me that she is 4 months pregnent...thats pretty much the moment i thought my life ended.

Then she jumped on me and said April Fools...i didnt talk to her for a few min.

Now i wish i had pulled off something on her liek the rest of u fellas did to ur gfs.

"Thats okay, I have HIV, I WIN!"

DeeK
04-01-2008, 06:10 PM
My GF called me and told me to get "checked out"...

bitch.

Edit: after reading I see I'm not the only one with an evil GF.

ecstasy_civic
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM

Classic!!!

I should have done that, I'm getting married in 10 days:rofl: :rofl:

sweeks
04-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Jayson
#8: The Left-Handed Whopper
In 1998 Burger King published a full page advertisement in USA Today announcing the introduction of a new item to their menu: a "Left-Handed Whopper" specially designed for the 32 million left-handed Americans. According to the advertisement, the new whopper included the same ingredients as the original Whopper (lettuce, tomato, hamburger patty, etc.), but all the condiments were rotated 180 degrees for the benefit of their left-handed customers. The following day Burger King issued a follow-up release revealing that although the Left-Handed Whopper was a hoax, thousands of customers had gone into restaurants to request the new sandwich. Simultaneously, according to the press release, "many others requested their own 'right handed' version."

haha funny stuff... "many others requested their own 'right handed' version" hahaha bunch of morons

Leons had an advert on the radio today for basically the same thing, left handed couches, chairs, ect.

MackDawg
04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
last night i just dumped my girl friend, you think it be funny if i called her 2day and said "haha sorry it was just a aprils fools day joke" lol that be mean

thordin
04-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I pulled a fast one on my roommates. I parked my car a block and half away from my plce n walked home. When they saw me walking home they all asked where my car was. I told 'em it got jacked. At first they didn't believe me. I live at an apartment so I told em to go check out the underground parking lot to c the stall being empty. N the visitors parking lot as well. Then I told em Im staying home n not going out with em. They begged for a good 10 minutes before conceding that Im not leaving cos I wuz waiting for the popo to come by. Then when they headed out they saw my car parked by Blockbuster n came back, they all gave me the finger.

My roommate also tried to pull one but it had weak sauce all over it. He put a plastic lizard in the freezer hoping to score a scare outta us all... but it didnt work.

hash
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM
except yesterday was march 31st...

Hakkola
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MackDawg
last night i just dumped my girl friend, you think it be funny if i called her 2day and said "haha sorry it was just a aprils fools day joke lol that be mean

You should call her and say it was a joke, and then say "April Fools!" and hang up. :rofl:

DJ Lazy
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Classic!!!

I should have done that, I'm getting married in 10 days:rofl: :rofl:

wtf?! no invite??:whipped:

Isaiah
04-01-2008, 08:22 PM
This one dates back to 2006. Sent it out to my entire address book at the time including business contacts. A lot of the replies were priceless.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/TRI4FE8-1.jpg

Looks like the text is hard to read so I've copied and pasted it:

Hello friends,

As many of you are aware, I have been struggling for some time with inner conflict. Over the past several years, I have traveled extensively, met many great people and had experiences that I will cherish forever. Unfortunately, I have failed to find the true contentment within that I have been seeking. What you may not know, is that I have been studying the enlightened teachings of the Buddhism for some time and am overwhelmed by its spiritual and psychological emancipation. I am not certain that buddhism holds all the answers, however I AM convinced that the teachings hold a key - one which may only be attained by embarking on a quest, a journey across the globe which which will ulitmately take me to Paharpur, Bangladesh, my ultimate destination. This small village, located in the Rajshahi district on the Ganges river, is the site of one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of our generation.

Once I arrive, I will be joining the local monestary, immersing myself in the local culture, and begin my quest for for elightenment. I have begun selling my belongings in order to finance the long journey which I hope to embark within 2 weeks.

Please know that all of you hold a very special place in my heart and I wish you all the very best in attaining your many hopes and dreams. In my attempt to cleanse myself of worldly 'toxins' I will be incommunicado for a period of approximately 6 months after beginning my journey, at which time you will receive information on how to contact me by mail if you so wish. At that time, I kindly request that you address me as Swami Bashoharma.

I would like to once again thank you for your friendship, for which I am forever indebted.

Christian

prosnowsk8er
04-01-2008, 10:27 PM
2 years ago a friend and I posted our names on msn as "RIP (my buddys name)", our friend had just moved to kelowna in january, we didnt respond to there messages or phone calls, and no on knew how to get ahold of him or anything so they just belived it and still till this day when he comes into town for a weekend or something he will run into someone and they will be like "I HEARD YOU WERE DEAD MAN!!! WTF!!!"

kerry
04-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by prosnowsk8er
2 years ago a friend and I posted our names on msn as "RIP (my buddys name)", our friend had just moved to kelowna in january, we didnt respond to there messages or phone calls, and no on knew how to get ahold of him or anything so they just belived it and still till this day when he comes into town for a weekend or something he will run into someone and they will be like "I HEARD YOU WERE DEAD MAN!!! WTF!!!"

Holy shit... evil but funny.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-02-2008, 11:09 AM
My gf was planning to do the whole "we need to talk" thing as well, but her brother screwed it up on her... she didn't end up doing it anyways, but we were all sitting around, and her brother's like "So... did you do the whole 'we need to talk' prank?"

civiclvr
04-02-2008, 11:40 AM
my fav of all time was wiring my roommates horn to his brake lights.. heard him for a couple blocks leaving in the morning.. god i almost peed laughing..

A790
04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by civiclvr
my fav of all time was wiring my roommates horn to his brake lights.. heard him for a couple blocks leaving in the morning.. god i almost peed laughing..
HA! That's a good one.

I took all of the cans and jars in the apartment and put them upside down. I know, I'm great.

JordanEG6
04-02-2008, 01:31 PM

HAHAHA That wouldn't be so funny for you if it backfired and ended up like "okay, I'll pack my shit...peace!" :rofl: :rofl:

szw
04-02-2008, 01:51 PM
This thread makes me realize that most people aren't very funny...

Spoons
04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by thordin
I pulled a fast one on my roommates. I parked my car a block and half away from my plce n walked home. When they saw me walking home they all asked where my car was. I told 'em it got jacked. At first they didn't believe me. I live at an apartment so I told em to go check out the underground parking lot to c the stall being empty. N the visitors parking lot as well. Then I told em Im staying home n not going out with em. They begged for a good 10 minutes before conceding that Im not leaving cos I wuz waiting for the popo to come by. Then when they headed out they saw my car parked by Blockbuster n came back, they all gave me the finger.

My roommate also tried to pull one but it had weak sauce all over it. He put a plastic lizard in the freezer hoping to score a scare outta us all... but it didnt work.

That post wanted to make me shoot myself. Seriously, it is AND, not N. Was not wuz. I don't even understand the wuz, it's the same length as was, just retardedly spelt.

My favourite prank was my dad flooded out basement. We used to live out on a acreage and the basement wasn't developed. There was nothing down there and was pretty big, and the thing flooded constantly, it became pretty well an everyday thing. My dad went down there on April 1st and flooded the whole thing. My mom was not pleased in the least...

Ske7ches
04-03-2008, 11:46 PM
We put over 1000 post it stickers on my friends car and we were going to fill up the inside of his car with the styrofoam things that you get from delivery boxes but we decided the post its were enough.

freshprince1
04-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I was at the In-Laws for April Fools, because April 1 is my brother-in-law's birthday (for real). Conversation died down at one point so I said to my brother in law:

"I like that your birthday is on April fools, I never have to do any pranks or anything because you're the biggest joke out there"

...well, what sounded funny in my head at the time wasn't received that well; there followed the most awkward silence I'd suffered through in a very long time.

I kinda forgot he's going through some hard times with debt and kids.

...guess you had to be there, so awkward.

BoostMonkey
04-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Well I haven't done anything for april fools in forever. All i did was change my facebook status to me being engaged (being i was single) and i had about 15 msgs from friends and 2 ex bfs wondering "wtf" and "to who, that was quick".
I was in pure shock that absolutely nobody clued into the fact it was april fools. I even went as to so far to lead people on and they would eventually accept the fact that i went from being completely single to engaged in less than 24 hours.

My best moment I have to admit was when i asked my ex from a year ago "do you remember what size my ring finger was, cause i though i remembered, but this ring feels awfully tight".

Regardless to say... not only a good april fools joke but a damn good way to get ex's to leave you alone!

yes... it was evil.. but you'd have to know how much of a pathological liar my ex is for this to be truely wonderful.