PDA

View Full Version : Rogers telemarketing it's own customers?

Legless_Marine2
04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
In the last 6 months, I've gotten multiple calls from Rogers trying to sell me crap - TO MY CELLPHONE.

Telemarketing pisses me off enough, without having to actually pay someone to do it to me.

I've been successful in having Rogers roll back the charges, but id doesn't make up for my wasted time.

/rant.

(Telus called the other day with an attractive offer to switch over to them... I'm strongly considering it, provided they promise not to do the same to me)

2002civic
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
same here, it's bullshit, but what can ya do...

Mixalot27
04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I just don't answer any calls which I don't recognize the number. If its important they will leave a message. I've had the same 1-800 calling my phone everyday for close to 3 months now. Its getting kind of annoying but at this point I'm too stubborn to answer. Plus I'm curious to see how long it will take before they give up. I imagine its some kind of computer dialer cause I don't think any real person would have this much persistence. :rofl:

Legless_Marine2
04-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
I just don't answer any calls which I don't recognize the number. If its important they will leave a message. I've had the same 1-800 calling my phone everyday for close to 3 months now. Its getting kind of annoying but at this point I'm too stubborn to answer. Plus I'm curious to see how long it will take before they give up. I imagine its some kind of computer dialer cause I don't think any real person would have this much persistence. :rofl:

Call centers these days all use an autodialer - Once you answer the call, it is immediately transferred to a rep with a free line. In some cases, there's no rep with a free line, which results in those 1-800 calls that we get with no live person - just a couple of clicks.

94SSEi
04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
It's not Rogers for the record. 99% of the time it's Airsource Wireless, an authorised dealer...the king of scammy telemarketing offers.

Legless_Marine2
04-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 94SSEi
It's not Rogers for the record. 99% of the time it's Airsource Wireless, an authorised dealer...the king of scammy telemarketing offers.

I've answered the phone, and the guy told me he was from Rogers, and tried to sell me other Rogers products.

That's rogers enough for me.

im2fst4u
04-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Legless_Marine2

I've answered the phone, and the guy told me he was from Rogers, and tried to sell me other Rogers products.

That's rogers enough for me.

:werd: Just last Thursday I received one of these calls and the guy said "Rogers" and tried to get me into another phone for free and include 3 months free everything. If I wanted another phone, I as the customer should have the choice to make the call to them.

Donmega
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
same here, it's bullshit, but what can ya do...

not pick up unknown phone calls. Any one important can leave a message or text you.

ralliart_girl
04-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by im2fst4u

:werd: Just last Thursday I received one of these calls and the guy said "Rogers" and tried to get me into another phone for free and include 3 months free everything. If I wanted another phone, I as the customer should have the choice to make the call to them.

Yea, I got one of these calls too, and I told him no. The person was like...why not? it's a free phone....so annoying.

slick2404
04-02-2008, 01:45 PM
:werd: i've been getting em too. i hear rogers and hang up

Isaiah
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
With the rollout of LNP last year, Telus and Bell have upped their competitive stance, as has Rogers. Those customers who's loyalty was previously based on a phone number they didn't want to lose for business or other reasons are now fair game for everyone.

On average, it costs Rogers $92 less to retain an existing customer compared to earning a new one which explains the telemarketer. The frustration is understandable but it's just a business doing business; bottom line.

pome902
04-02-2008, 02:03 PM
same it pissess me offf !!!!

anarchy
04-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I got a call as well from Rogers, and the most annoying part is they left me an automated voicemail.

Despair*
04-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I just got a call 15 minutes ago from some guy saying they are giving away a free samsung phone or another from rogers (calling from a number that shows up as 'unknown'.... Some East Indian guy from the sound of his voice in a call center no doubt. God damn annoying, i was ready to tell him to fuck right off except the fact that I am at work. I just hung up the phone. Why the heck would I need another cell phone when I have one I'm using right now. Sounds like a Scam to me, I sure as heck did not want to listen to the rest to find out. Rediculars....

spyce
04-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
I just got a call 15 minutes ago from some guy saying they are giving away a free samsung phone or another from rogers (calling from a number that shows up as 'unknown'.... Some East Indian guy from the sound of his voice in a call center no doubt. God damn annoying, i was ready to tell him to fuck right off except the fact that I am at work. I just hung up the phone. Why the heck would I need another cell phone when I have one I'm using right now. Sounds like a Scam to me, I sure as heck did not want to listen to the rest to find out. Rediculars....

yea i got the same call a couple of hours ago
some really fobby asian guy
so annoying...

SCHIDER23
04-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
:werd: is probably the same guy that has been calling my cell, the part that pisses me off is that he doesn't let you say no, and when he does let you say something he ignores the NO and keeps insisting that is a great phone, I told him my current phone is way better than the shitty phone he is trying to give me, he insisted that I could try it out free, after 5 minutes of the same shit I got fed up and kept saying I'm not interested over and over like a maniac lol he finally got the message and hung up. : :whipped: :whipped:

Despair*
04-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by SCHIDER23

:werd: is probably the same guy that has been calling my cell, the part that pisses me off is that he doesn't let you say no, and when he does let you say something he ignores the NO and keeps insisting that is a great phone, I told him my current phone is way better than the shitty phone he is trying to give me, he insisted that I could try it out free, after 5 minutes of the same shit I got fed up and kept saying I'm not interested over and over like a maniac lol he finally got the message and hung up. : :whipped: :whipped:

Yeah it pisses me off too. I have better things to do with my time than to talk to some telemarketer in some far away country. It just seems weird. I haven't seen any info on promotions and with a number that doesn't register... It doesn't give me a very good feeling. Next time I get that shit, I'll be giving the good old hangup again.

JGerke
04-05-2008, 12:04 AM
haha...i've gotten a number of these as well. Usually start yelling at them and tell them never to call again. Did have one guy that was an excellent salesman...I humored him for a bit and although not convinced decided what the hell, he deserves it...got the free phone then sent it back...

Joe-G
04-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I too keep getting calls from Rogers about my Blackberry thats not on a Blackberry plan. Usually i just hang up, but for once i actually listened and they tried to sell me a bunch of add-ons without my permission.

Legless_Marine2
04-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ralliart_girl

Yea, I got one of these calls too, and I told him no. The person was like...why not? it's a free phone....so annoying.

If I've expressed disinterest to a telemarketer, and the person wishes to force the issue, that can only be interpreted as their desire to hear me describe, in graphic detail, about how I will penetrate and fill them with my love liquids.

This has generally been a very satisfying strategy, except for one girl who kept calling me back to hear more, so I eventually had to tell her that I'm married, and asked her not to call me again.

Legless_Marine2
04-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Trini
04-05-2008, 10:10 PM
really annoying calls..I'll be polite at first and if they don't get the message I'll be mean.

mo_money2supe
04-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm on Fido and I too have been receiving these phone calls nearly daily for the past 3 months (same company so I assume it's the same call centre calling). I'm currently out of town for University and knowing that I'd have to pay ld charges is enough for me to not pick up. But the phone calls always come at the most inopportune time though, especially if I forget to put it on silent and my phone rings in the middle of class.