PDA

View Full Version : Importing BMW

Kloubek
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey guys,

I did a check, but maybe missed it. Don't flame please if this is the case - just direct me to the link.

I've read sites which mention codes, controls, etc. But I have yet to find a definitive list.

I know about the $500 fee, $750 fee, etc. But I'm more interested in the expensive cluster replacement that is required on newer models.

Can anyone tell me exactly which models and years require this cluster replacement? I'd really like to get a late 90's M3, but am afraid with the modifications required (or might not be required), it just wouldn't be worthwhile.

Thanks!

benyl
04-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Call BMW. They are the only ones who know. I think that it varies.

rc2002
04-02-2008, 08:28 AM
^ Apparently that doesn't even help. You can call BMW and they'll tell you one thing, and then you'll bring the car in and then they'll tell you something else. Importing a BMW is like buying a lottery ticket.

canuckcarguy
04-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Call your local dealership directly, I know I got very good information from them when I called. I have dealt with them before, that might be why, but they were detailed in their response, which they actually emailed to me (meaning they're more likely be be consistent in the requirements down the road).

Good luck.