PDA

View Full Version : Sushi in Calgary

Wooby
04-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to be able to make my own sushi. I'm just wondering if anyone might know where I might be able to purchase some raw fish (ie. Salmon/Tuna) in Calgary?

Thanks in advance!

Redlyne_jr
04-01-2008, 11:26 PM
t&t?? not 100% sure though

DonnieM
04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Yah definately T&T....there is a new one that just opened up in Harvest Hills. They have everything you could possibly want, my girlfriend and I just bought a ton of stuff there the other night!

If you want to buy really fresh sushi quality fish you should check out Billingsgate Fish Market next to BonTon Meat market on 16th ave heading out of town just before you hit shaganappi(they are on the right hand side by the Keg, Redwater and Wendys). Billingsgate is awesome, great selection, all super fresh and very knowledgeable staff. I just picked up a couple steelhead fillets there the other day and it was beyond good.

Good luck!

403civic
04-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I've only seen Salmon at T&T.... or maybe that is the only thing I look at when I go there:angel:

Redlyne_jr
04-01-2008, 11:39 PM
lol ya T&T is sweet the bubble drink place their is really good 2

rawsensation
04-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ~Porsche~
lol ya T&T is sweet the bubble drink place their is really good 2

:werd:
love the honey milk tea there soo good lol

Redlyne_jr
04-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by rawsensation

:werd:
love the honey milk tea there soo good lol

hahaha i know its soo good

LLLimit
04-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 403civic
I've only seen Salmon at T&T.... or maybe that is the only thing I look at when I go there:angel:

the tuna-sashimi is in the frozen section

dragonone
04-03-2008, 12:04 AM
city fish city fish city fish
i'm surprised no one mentioned that yet
almost, if not, ALL sushi places here get their fish frozen from there, how they taste is solely based on how long they're kept it in their stock

can't help u on the rice tho, it's an art in itself

edit: i noticed that someone mentioned a fresh fish market. from what i remember, raw fish that's on sushi is fish that has been treated or frozen or something like that, because they carry many parasites that can make u queezy. if not that make sure u include lots of wasabi

dj_rice
04-03-2008, 07:19 PM
This thread has already been brought up before..search

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/174501/sashimi-at-home/