PDA

View Full Version : E90/E92 Interior selections?

Inzane
04-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Anyone here go for the more atypical interior selections for the E90/E92 such as "Lemon" or Grey? If so, with aluminum or wood?

I've never been fond of beige, but could be persuaded. On the other hand I've had a lot of cars with all black interior, which I've always liked, but I may want something different this time.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see all the combinations in person during my brief stop at the dealership the other day.

benyl
04-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Lemon is nice. So is Jade. Definitely something different.

My only caution about light colored interiors is that if you wear jeans alot, be prepared for a blue driver's seat.

Bimmer88
04-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Black on Black! its my fav! lol... with aliminum trim. If possible...

97'Scort
04-02-2008, 12:11 AM
This is something BMW doesn't advertise very much, but all cars in can be purchased with BMW's Individual package, from the M division. This means you can get whatever you want, including exterior paint, if you're willing to pay for it :)

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/corporation/mgmbh/individual.html

GTS Jeff
04-02-2008, 01:33 AM
I think lemon would be piiiiiimp, but pretty tough to keep looking new.

nd54
04-02-2008, 03:54 AM
I have coral red on my e92 and I love it, it's a nice change from the usual teutonic black.

blinkme_210
04-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
[B]This is something BMW doesn't advertise very much, but all cars in can be purchased with BMW's Individual package, from the M division. This means you can get whatever you want, including exterior paint, if you're willing to pay for it :)
/B]

Good luck trying to convince a dealer to actually order it for you.

The laws in North America allow the consumer to order the car, but can refuse the delivery. No dealer wants to be stuck with a customized car that is hard to sell. Also, "Individualizing" your car adds a few weeks to your delivery wait time, because they have to pull it off the production line to custom fit what you want. Above all, it is just too damn expensive.

It's possible, but not worth the hassle from the dealer, and BMW AG in Germany. However, BMW Individual is much more common in Europe.