PDA

View Full Version : finally got a new car!...and new job.

James
08-11-2003, 04:36 PM
So after over a month without a car, today i picked up an '87 Jetta GLI, nothing special to most, but i like it alot :D, im moving out within a few months so i needed something cheap for now, only $1600...fully loaded, heated GTI seats, power everything, grey in color, in fairly good shape too, now i can actually start making it out to meets again!, and i just started a new job last week detailing at 5th ave auto haus, best job ive ever had, goin to work is actually Fun, its wicked! :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-11-2003, 04:41 PM
haha nice dude
Congrats
So your ride looks like Ben's car?

littledan
08-11-2003, 05:04 PM
awesome man! i wish i loved going to work... but at least it pays the bills for now. post up some pics when you get a chance.

3G
08-11-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
haha nice dude
Congrats
So your ride looks like Ben's car?

His is a Jetta whereas Ben's is a Golf

(not to sound smart or anything)

Congradtulations on the car and job man..:thumbsup:

Hash_man
08-11-2003, 10:42 PM
His is a Jetta whereas Ben's is a Golf

I was thinking the same thing.

And congrats James. It sounded like your life was goin real shitty for a while there, car got jacked, stuff from ur room got jacked... Post some pics of the new car soon.

hjr
08-11-2003, 10:54 PM
GLI - so do you have the 1.8l 16v engine in that baby? Also, is it an imported car from the states? Congrats on the job as well.

James
08-11-2003, 11:32 PM
No,its only the same color as bens car, mines a 4 door jetta, and it has the normal 8v engine, might be the high compression, not sure, still slow either way, but enough torque for daily driving, much more pleasing to drive then the MR2. and im pretty sure its from Canada originally.

Already installed the 16v antenna tonight, need to do as much as i can while i still have some extra flow, as im sure i'll be broke once i move out. :tongue:

/////AMG
08-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Congrats on both man, looks like things are going up fro you since you've had a rought time

Ben
08-19-2003, 09:58 PM
yeah, congrats James buddy. yeah, you'll have the high comp motor in the GLI...VW made a GLI 16V in 87, but never made it to north america.

Nice thing about the 8v is that mods are cheap...unfortunatly you are sitting 60hp behind me, so you got alot of catching up to do, hahahaha

bosa
08-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Congrats on the new car! :thumbsup: You and Ben should race. ;) Safely though! :D

James
08-19-2003, 10:17 PM
hahaha, oh i know im wayyyyy behind, i wont be doing ANY enigne mods though to this car, it runs good, and i want to keep it that way! :tongue: it has 256,000km, which on this enigne really isnt that bad, but when it does go, the body/interior are in good enough shape for this to be a perfect donor car for something with a little more power. But Im hoping that wont be for a long long time, i'll stick to the other stuff for now, like suspension/exterior goods.

James
08-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bosa
Congrats on the new car! :thumbsup: You and Ben should race. ;) Safely though! :D

LOL, not EVEN close!....Ben would smoke me by about 20 car lengths! :rofl:

cocoabrova
08-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Congrats on the new-found luck James:thumbsup: Your GLI has the 100hp 8V 1.8L with hydraulic lifters. There's a few almost non-costly mods you can do to give it a little more pep if you have the time to spend....Intake box/intake pipe mod, fuel enrichment module, free up the exhaust, adjust the WOT switch, Audi 5000 TB mod;)