PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend a shipping company to ship a car from states to calgary

e36bmw///
04-03-2008, 11:24 PM
nm

Kloubek
04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Do NOT use A&A auto transport. They damaged my car.

e36bmw///
04-03-2008, 11:40 PM
nm

heavyD
04-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Hansen Global Forwarding. They aren't cheap but they usually take pretty good care of your car compared to scumbag outfits like Searail.

climer
04-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Hansen Global Forwarding. They aren't cheap but they usually take pretty good care of your car compared to scumbag outfits like Searail.

Hahaha! "Scumbag outfit"!

I just used Searail to bring a car from Atlanta to Calgary. To their credit, the car was not damaged in any way and they didn't put a single mile on the odometer.

However, they took a LOT longer than I expected (7 weeks!) and worst of all, they never contacted me with updates. I had to call them on a regular basis just to get the typical, "We'll let you know..." crap.

I'd give Hansen a call if I had to do it again... or better yet, I'd drive it back myself now that the weather is better.

ianmcc
04-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Why don't you fly down and drive it back? Not being a smart ass but I would drive it if it was mine; besides that way I know it's taken care of.

Cofixer
06-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi, I have personally used Searail and I was really disappointed. The car arrived not only later (almost 16 days), but damaged. One of the drivers somehow hooked the headers on the ramps and not only crushed them but bent them into the steering box and pulled them away from the engine. When I tried, repeadately to get them to come good for the repairs, I first got the run around and then completed ignored altogether. My brother-in-law drove the car to searail in BC from Victoria, about an hours drive and never had any problems with it. So they did the damage but never wanted to take responsibility. My advice find someone or a company who is not out to just get the money and give absolutely no service after they have your money !! I have the proof that they caused this damage and I have contacted a lawyer, it would have been cheaper for them to just fix this up but they decided that a the customer is never right !!

nbaker00
06-08-2008, 11:46 PM
We use Car Couriers, Allied, and Hansens...

If we ever get a car that has damage, we simply refuse to sign off on recieving it...
They usually make a phone call and have the issue resolved in 5 minutes

Cofixer
06-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by nbaker00
We use Car Couriers, Allied, and Hansens...

If we ever get a car that has damage, we simply refuse to sign off on recieving it...
They usually make a phone call and have the issue resolved in 5 minutes

I tried this when I went to pick up my car, but the guys that held the keys said they were just a drop-off yard for SeaRail and that I would have to contact them directly. I had no choice but to take the care the way it was because my son and I travelled by bus (3 hours) and had no transportation to get back home. Had to take the car to a mechanic in Moncton, NB and he bent the headers away from the steering box so we could drive it (also tightened head bolts as best he could) and we drove home with windos all down (so we wouldn't get choked out by exhaust leaks). Had guy at drop-off yard and mechanic noterize the damage, still no help from them at all. The car travelled from Victoria, BC to Summerside, PEI and if I wasn't disabled I probably could have drove it from there to here with less problems, but, hey I guess everyday someone gets screwed around one way or another.
Thank you for your advice, although with these kinds of companies out there I don't know if anyone can be safe, because they always seem to find someway out of their guarentees, don't they ? !!!

climer
06-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Cofixer
I tried this when I went to pick up my car, but the guys that held the keys said they were just a drop-off yard for SeaRail and that I would have to contact them directly.

I hear ya.

When my car arrived from the USA, Searail dropped it off at a local holding yard and never informed me.

I had to call Searail to track down my own car! When I arrived at the holding yard, they were pleased to see me since they told me that Searail never gave them my contact info. :confused:

Either way, nobody signed off on anything and even if I found some damage on my car, I'd have to get in touch with Searail as opposed to anyone at the yard.

Luckily for me, my car was is good condition but I definitely won't be using them again. That's for sure!

nbaker00
06-09-2008, 11:22 AM
I guess it helps when you're a dealer and ship 20+ cars per month with some of the companies... They wouldn't want to lose business from someone that does that much business month after month with them.