PDA

View Full Version : Lease-back car purchase - a few questions for you

Afrodeziak
04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
So I have purchased a car - 2004 civic, which was a leased by the previous owner.

I am wondering if my car is still under warranty ? is the warranty even transferable even if it was still covered ?
What is the warranty for this Car in Canada ?
How can I find out what recalls are on a '04 civic and if any are needed/covered free on my car.

I know it was purchased from T & T Honda, can I simply just call them with my VIN and ask them for a report of vehicle maintenance of what's been done on it ?

Basically I know sweet fa when it comes to this, so all the help you guys can give.. mucho appreciated.

B

boxer23
04-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I believe Honda warranty is 4 years 80KM. Car should still be covered, and as for calling them up I am not too sure, just try it and see what they say. Recalls can be searched on google, vehicle maintenance should've been asked when purchasing. hope that helps, also I might wrong

Afrodeziak
04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
To make a long story short, I did not purchase through the original owner. So maintenance, etc was unknown.

B

Fiasco
04-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
To make a long story short, I did not purchase through the original owner. So maintenance, etc was unknown.

B

out of curiosity where did you get your car? as i am looking for a similar one. cheers

canuckcarguy
04-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Just call any Honda dealership with the VIN, and they will tell you the warranty start date, status of any remaining warranty, and the presence of any recalls. They may want to see you in person to verify that you're the new owner because of privacy concerns, but usually they can tell you this information over the phone because they're not disclosing any information about the previous owner.