PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of oil stains on cement?

2000impreza
08-04-2002, 07:32 PM
i got some oil stains on the garage floor. need some ideas how to get rid of them. i hear there was a chemical that eats the oil????

kevie88
08-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Contact cleaner, I also use good old dish soap and a scrub brush.
also try some TSP (Trisodiumphosphate) from Canadian Tire. ($2.99)

todaB18c5
08-05-2002, 01:43 PM
cocacola, on the thick ones.... just poor it on, leave it for a bit... do it a couple times... then spray off that sticky cola with water

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2002, 01:49 PM
dman these are all great tips...I spilled a pile of oil on our driveway last year..my dad freaked..over reacted and hired some chemical cleaning company to clean up the mess...375 dollars later I was banned from doing driveway oil changes ever again

speedracer
08-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by todaB18c5
cocacola, on the thick ones.... just poor it on, leave it for a bit... do it a couple times... then spray off that sticky cola with water

Funny how Coke seems to fix everything from rusted bolts to cleaning oil spills..... Oh well can;t be that bad for the body:rofl:

RSeXy
08-05-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

Funny how Coke seems to fix everything from rusted bolts to cleaning oil spills..... Oh well can't be that bad for the body:rofl:

haha..i was just going to comment on that! ...well kenny and rage2 are still alive..so there's testimony for Coke being ok for the body! :)

2000impreza
08-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
dman these are all great tips...I spilled a pile of oil on our driveway last year..my dad freaked..over reacted and hired some chemical cleaning company to clean up the mess...375 dollars later I was banned from doing driveway oil changes ever again

SHIT MAN!!! hahaha. i did the same thing except inside the garage. i was stupid enough to open the oil cap before i undid the drain plug. the oil overflowed the oil holding container i got from canadian tire. so half the oil got on the garage floor. i gotta get rid of the freaking stain before anyone see's it :banghead: . i got lots of coke. hahaha. going to crappy tire to buy a pressure washer and some chemicals tomorrow.