PDA

View Full Version : HELP locked out of INTEGRA

Koondoon
04-05-2008, 06:22 PM
k well i bought myself a 1994 integra and the buyer had replaced the trunk and side door locks , he didn't get around to cutting new keys for the car . it totally slipped my mind and i ended up locking the doors and now i can't get in

any1 know any tips or tricks to break back into my teg? , thanks

PINOY-X
04-05-2008, 06:26 PM
if you are an ama member you can call them and they will unlock it for you

Koondoon
04-05-2008, 06:28 PM
i'd rather not pay for it , broke

plus my car isn't registered or insured since i just bought it last nite

PINOY-X
04-05-2008, 06:34 PM
are you an ama member? if you are you dont gotta pay them anything thats part of there service. I locked my keys inside my car once and i called them and they came to unlock it for me. they didnt asked me for my insurance or registration.

[edit] or you can always try the coat hanger from the top of the window. did it once before with my moms car took a while but we got it. there will be some scratches though.

Hope you get it open.

rage2
04-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Find a few friends with any same era Honda (Civic, Integra, Del Sol, etc). 50% chance their key will open up your car.

Myers
04-05-2008, 06:57 PM
this has stolen written all over it... call the ama bud if you can prove its yours

Koondoon
04-05-2008, 07:47 PM
no unfortunatley am not an ama member ,

its not stolen i have the bill or sale,

i just tried using a coat hanger , used to butter knives to hold the door open .
no luck just can't get enough leverage to pull the lock to the right

manual locks bytheway no pl

Dj_Stylz
04-05-2008, 07:51 PM
If your buddies got AMA get them to call in for you and wait there with you. They can present the card and all the info.

rmk
04-05-2008, 08:07 PM
If you can't afford to get into the car now, you have no business driving. Do you even have insurance?

Koondoon
04-05-2008, 08:12 PM
yea i have insurance on my other car , i was gonna get my car inspected today and transfer my insurance + registration onto my teg when i locked myself out

its not really that i don't have the money , i just rather try to get in myself and save $100 ,

bashir26
04-05-2008, 08:24 PM
^
stop being broke. AMA is like $10 a month

theken
04-05-2008, 08:31 PM
instead of going for the lock, go for the window crank, spin it a bit, it is easier then going for the lock, or go for the door handle

Higgins
04-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by theken
instead of going for the lock, go for the window crank, spin it a bit, it is easier then going for the lock, or go for the door handle

Hes right, locked myself out of my 240 and all we did was pry the window a bit and push the window crank down with a coathanger and voila, the window opened and we could reach the doorhandle.

ExOz
04-05-2008, 08:48 PM
How would that help? Even 90 models came standard with power windows.... Or did Canada get ripped yet again with imports?

Koondoon
04-05-2008, 08:50 PM
yae only porbelm is powerwindows... -_-

would pulling the door handle unlock the doors?

theken
04-05-2008, 08:53 PM
if your car door opens from the inside when they are locked, three of my cars did it will work, if not then it wont work

ExOz
04-05-2008, 08:59 PM
On my old CRX I locked myself out once and the easiest way was pulling the hatch release lever down by the seat, then I climbed through.

TomcoPDR
04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Assuming you don't have a slim jim set...

Here's one possibility from "someone" that could break into a car could do on these integras and 92-96 preludes.

Sorry for the 1 minute drawing. Go to home depot and buy some $1.00 door frame shims, use those as a window wedge. Make the coat hanger (or stronger wire) as shown, slide tool all the way below window bottom edge, and then up on the inside, and with the way the tool's bent, flick the power door lock button.

Anyways, that's what someone told me to tell ya. (not responsible for property and/or personal damages, injuries, grand theft auto charges, etc... as result of reading)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/integra.jpg

pruls
04-06-2008, 12:06 AM
ok lol just pull the glass yes the glass back enough to fit your arm in its will flex and slidin and just unlock it with your hand
you will have to do it bare arm if you dont think this is going to work your wrong
trust me the glass flexes

Team_Mclaren
04-06-2008, 12:13 AM
thread title edited:
"how to break into an integra"

us722
04-06-2008, 02:38 AM
if you bought that black 1994 integra rs....you got a fuckin sick deal
yes or no, for locking your selfout; "S-M-R-T"

bashir26
04-06-2008, 02:46 AM
^You spelt 'smart' wrong. Change it before the grammar police arrive!

mo_money2supe
04-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by bashir26
^You spelt 'smart' wrong. Change it before the grammer police arrive!

First off, spelling is separate from grammar. Secondly, it's grammar, NOT grammer!

As to the OP, if you don't want to scratch your newly purchased car or worse yet, break something, either stop being so cheap or do what someone above mentioned. Find a friend with a 'teg or Civic from the same generation and try their key - it'll most likely work!

Koondoon
04-06-2008, 12:27 PM
yea haha it was the 1994 teg with the 99 conversion on it

k i tired pulling the window back from the door panel and seeing if yanking on any of the rods would unlock the door but no go

i just about had enough , tried all last nite and no luck
i might just break the rear quarter glass ......

Scope951
04-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by bashir26
^You spelt 'smart' wrong. Change it before the grammar police arrive!

and you missed the joke completely.

As for the teg, get some buddies with tegs and such, god chance they could do it,

Sharpie
04-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Koondoon
yea haha it was the 1994 teg with the 99 conversion on it

k i tired pulling the window back from the door panel and seeing if yanking on any of the rods would unlock the door but no go

i just about had enough , tried all last nite and no luck
i might just break the rear quarter glass ......

WTF? Break the drivers window, it is alot easier to replace than a 1/4 window.

Koondoon
04-06-2008, 12:42 PM
hmm would pulling the drivers window dwn wrk? as if i was rolling dwn the window?

Kloubek
04-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Why break the friggin window at all? Take the money it costs to replace the window and put it into an AMA membership...

Originally posted by Sharpie

4lti7ude
04-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Have you tried the asking one of your friends with a AMA account to call them and wait with you?
Cause thats a hell of alot cheaper then buying and installing a new piece of glass.

Koondoon
04-06-2008, 12:44 PM
k nvm erase that thought , tried but i can't seem to get inbetween the window and stripping/frame . its just fucking up the rubber

turbo4dr
04-06-2008, 12:53 PM
OMG ...................................your still not in ???? is this a black teg you got ................ I think the guy that sold it to you riped you off did you get is form usedcalgary or kijji ... if so has to be the same car ........Well any way like everone says get ama

rage2
04-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
thread title edited:
"how to break into an integra"
haha I basically posted the instructions on stealing all pre-OBD2 Hondas, guess the OP hasn't tried it yet :rofl:.

I used to have 6 old Honda keys that would unlock and start 90% of all Hondas lol.

Koondoon
04-06-2008, 11:19 PM
k i FINALLYYY FINALY got in , my buddy managed to use a modified BBQ prong to flick my lock button open through the top of the window

he duck taped it with thin piece of wood along the length to make it more sturdy and it was able to do the trick

Destinova403
04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
i have an old accord key around here somewhere if you want it... just incase.

id give you one of the blank prelude keys i have but they have a chip in them...

phillj10
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
haha what about this 94 black integra?? how did they get ripped off? was it a gs-r??

deaftone
10-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
If your buddies got AMA get them to call in for you and wait there with you. They can present the card and all the info.

Depends on the AMA driver. My brother was locked out of his car and when my Mom showed up with her card to put it under her name, the AMA guy refused to open it because the car was not under her name. He was a total homo about it.

ShermanEF9
10-19-2009, 08:49 PM
pull the moulding right where the window goesd into the door, and use a long screwdriver to push the lock

G-ZUS
10-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by deaftone

Depends on the AMA driver. My brother was locked out of his car and when my Mom showed up with her card to put it under her name, the AMA guy refused to open it because the car was not under her name. He was a total homo about it.

I had 2 cars break down on me and both times my friend got them towed with his AMA membership

Cooked Rice
10-20-2009, 01:40 AM
lol guys this thread is ancient

bituerbo
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
I know it's an old thread... but pull windshield trim and pop out the windshield. A kit from Canadian Tire to put it all back together is only $15.

Pollywog
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Find a few friends with any same era Honda (Civic, Integra, Del Sol, etc). 50% chance their key will open up your car.

How exaggerated is that percentage?

GQBalla
10-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog

How exaggerated is that percentage?

in the older civics and stuff its probably around 50 percent.

thats why so many civics have been stolen or replaced locks