PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed a hit and run

HiSpec
04-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Me and three other bystanders witnessed a hit and run about 2-3 weeks ago at a UofC parking lot, around ~10pm. I was able to catch the driver's licence plate, and reported to UofC's security. After we had given the information, the security told us that we will be contacted if they need anymore information.

Now will issue like this be handed to Calgary Police? Or will UofC deal with it, since it is will within campus?

I am asking because I am worried that if I need to be a witness, that it might conflict with my exam schedule. And I really hate deferred exam, as it usually results in a much harder exam.

BTW, the incident happened on a thursday night (Den's cheap pitcher night?)

Spoons
04-06-2008, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
(Den's cheap pitcher night?)

Yep Thursden at the Dirty Den!

frozenrice
04-06-2008, 10:49 AM
It usually takes a few hours to fill out a witness report and if you don't cooperate it's a $500 fine and charge of obstruction of justice. Since some of your buddies are involved I wouldn't be surprised if it takes even longer since they have to cross examine each of you to make sure your stories match. Kiss your exams goodbye.:cry:

googe
04-06-2008, 12:03 PM
in my experience it takes 10 minutes and theyre pretty flexible. thats without going to trial. if it does go to trial, itll take at least a few months.

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
It usually takes a few hours to fill out a witness report and if you don't cooperate it's a $500 fine and charge of obstruction of justice. Since some of your buddies are involved I wouldn't be surprised if it takes even longer since they have to cross examine each of you to make sure your stories match. Kiss your exams goodbye.:cry:

Few hours to fill out a witness report?! :rofl: are you on crack? It takes like a few min tops.

analbumcover
04-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Few hours to fill out a witness report?! :rofl: are you on crack? It takes like a few min tops.

haha no shit, just write down what you saw on a piece of paper with your contact info and go -

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover

haha no shit, just write down what you saw on a piece of paper with your contact info and go -

yup :thumbsup:

About 20 of us had to fill out a witness statement x-mas eve 2006 when a fight broke out between natives on the c-train right after i finished work. I just rolled my eyes when they were throwing beer bottles at each other thinking "great fucking way to begin my christmas break"

If it took "a couple of hours" for the group of us to fill out witness statements we woulda been there all night!!

frozenrice
04-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

LOL, hard to type out a sarcastic tone on the internet. :nut:

Yes, it only takes a few minutes. :rolleyes:

2002civic
04-07-2008, 01:34 PM
call the cops, don't let some rent a cop handle it

Thaco
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

LOL, hard to type out a sarcastic tone on the internet. :nut:

Yes, it only takes a few minutes. :rolleyes:

if that first post of yours was sarcasm then you can call me GW Bush

That didn't have the slightest hint of sarcasm