PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Aston Martin Vantage

mrjay1987
04-06-2008, 11:48 AM
So I arrived at work and I saw a beautiful car parked right in front of my building and it was...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/rapidfire999/IMAG0018.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/rapidfire999/IMAG0017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/rapidfire999/IMAG0016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/rapidfire999/IMAG0019-1.jpg

Destinova403
04-06-2008, 12:14 PM
such a beautiful car.

HuyNh_SI
04-06-2008, 12:16 PM
damn them sexy over priced beasts..

Gibson
04-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Always thought that Aston's were some of the best looking cars ever made.

Also, are you working up at Flight Deck?

mrjay1987
04-06-2008, 12:31 PM
nah I work at Bell.

mikemechanic
04-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Cool car, way too close to the curb for my liking.

Mike

vengie
04-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by mikemechanic
Cool car, way too close to the curb for my liking.

Mike

holy my thoughts exactly!

very nice car tho

nightfx
04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Wish i could see one in person. :drool:

ZorroAMG
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by HuyNh_SI
damn them sexy over priced beasts..

Says the guy with a $27,000 CIVIC!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pome902
04-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I walked past this this morning ! i live in the area, sexy car !

nich148_9
04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Nice spot! Does the plate (if you remember) start with M? If so, it's probably the same one that I saw on my way to work Friday evening. Well, heard before I saw.

Fusion
04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Hahahahahhaha

2002civic
04-06-2008, 08:31 PM
gorgeous:drool:

mark4091
04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Man, the one thing I love about aston's is that they look amazing but they don't stick out like crazy.

Lagerstatten.ca
04-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Same car was at Memory Express in the NE last Wednesday!

Kloubek
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Seen it around too. Guy drives it like he owns it. :)

Hawk01
04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
iv seen this car many times, specifically around hanson ranch.

arian_ma
04-06-2008, 09:54 PM

Why does it matter what he drives if he thinks the car is overpriced?

Does it make you old and out of style just because you drive a 20 year old Mercedes?

hoamic11
04-06-2008, 11:00 PM
That's facking sweet :nut:

pome902
04-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

Does it make you old and out of style just because you drive a 20 year old Mercedes?

rather drive the benzo than a honda =]:rofl:

badatusrnames
04-06-2008, 11:14 PM

A Benz will age much better than any civic ever will...

arian_ma
04-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by pome902

rather drive the benzo than a honda =]:rofl:
HAHAHAHA....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by badatusrnames

A Benz will age much better than any civic ever will...
I never said there was anything wrong with his car. I just meant there is no need to randomly insult someone for no reason because they commented on their opinion on the price of the car.

ZorroAMG
04-06-2008, 11:25 PM
I was NOT insulting anyone. I just love the irony in someone saying a car is overpriced when they ...awww forget it, you obviously don't comprehend.

pome902 and badatus...thanks :D

Oh and my car's only 18, Mr. Torqueless! hahahaha

A790
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I never said there was anything wrong with his car. I just meant there is no need to randomly insult someone for no reason because they commented on their opinion on the price of the car.
Yea dude, that's the exact impression I got when you took the price of a vehicle and related to his age and style. ;)

Or, you know, you could have just said that in your original post.

arian_ma
04-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by A790

Yea dude, that's the exact impression I got when you took the price of a vehicle and related to his age and style. ;)

Or, you know, you could have just said that in your original post.
hey man I was trying to make him relate through example. I mean i dont actuallt think that, i just meant how would he feel if someone disregarded his opinion because of what he drives. I love his car. :)

oh and zorro, I resen...ah who am I kidding I drive a glorified lawn mower lol

ZorroAMG
04-07-2008, 12:01 AM
LOL

I was only playing cause I am still pissed an S2K smoked me last night as I tried to get out of an ending lane :( deceivingly nimble those lil fuckers are! :D

A790
04-07-2008, 12:08 AM
LOL

I was only playing cause I am still pissed an S2K smoked me last night as I tried to get out of an ending lane :( deceivingly nimble those lil fuckers are! :D
S2K's are like hummingbirds on steroids. The buzz in, and then before you realize it, they're gone.

treg50
04-07-2008, 10:45 AM
+3 Too close to the curb! :cry:

I think I see damage from not having learned the curb lesson. SWEET MACHINE though.

Sorath
04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
i saw it driving on anderson on sat night

ZorroAMG
04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Great....near a jr high, I suppose?

LadyLuck
04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I saw it fly past me on beddington trail yesterday around noon

teggypimp95
04-07-2008, 01:15 PM
He lives in Kinkora. I live in Evanston so i see it all the time. It always looks soo good.

Hakkola
04-07-2008, 01:20 PM

hey man I was trying to make him relate through example. I mean i dont actuallt think that, i just meant how would he feel if someone disregarded his opinion because of what he drives. I love his car. :)

Still don't get it? Haha, he's not saying it is because the guy drives a civic, or a $27 000 car, but a $27 000 civic and then calling another car over priced.

I guess we're the only ones who think that is a lot of money for a civic. :dunno:

ZorroAMG
04-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Let's get past that, I made fun of sorath instead...let's focus our efforts there.

:D

Hakkola
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Let's get past that, I made fun of sorath instead...let's focus our efforts there.

:D

And miss an opportunity to bash the new civic? How could I pass that up, it is one of my favourite things to do.

I missed the Jr High comment, nice!

arian_ma
04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Still don't get it? Haha, he's not saying it is because the guy drives a civic, or a $27 000 car, but a $27 000 civic and then calling another car over priced.

I guess we're the only ones who think that is a lot of money for a civic. :dunno:
you can almost hear that going right over my head.
:rofl:

ZorroAMG
04-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Wooosh!

gmoney82
04-07-2008, 10:33 PM
If the Vantage owner was reading this, he could care less if you called his car overpriced, whereas everybody's debating over the true value of a Civic. Even if it was overpriced by a few thousand, doesn't even compare to the tens of thousands a Vantage owner apparently overpays. Its all relative. But i can understand the irony of such a statement tho.

b_t
04-07-2008, 10:37 PM
I got a ride in one of those just last week.. a silver-blue one. Not the fastest car, but when it has SO MUCH class, you just don't fucking care. Sounds great, and my god, it has the nicest interior I have ever seen.. plus Astons are probably the best looking classy coupe on the road. I need one, badly

TomcoPDR
04-07-2008, 10:47 PM
:werd: too close to the curb, but at least he knows better parking away from the T & T supermarket.

"oh oops, sorrlie bout dent, surprise"

ZorroAMG
04-08-2008, 12:11 AM
We have a Vantage and you wouldn't call it overpriced if you've ever driven it.

They are VERY misleading in terms of nose length so I can see that park job happening a LOT if you aren't careful.

E36M3
04-08-2008, 02:03 AM
I would, and I have driven one.. they are also slow, handle poorly and have crappy brakes. Of course, that is just my opinion.

We have a Vantage and you wouldn't call it overpriced if you've ever driven it.

They are VERY misleading in terms of nose length so I can see that park job happening a LOT if you aren't careful.

b_t
04-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
I would, and I have driven one.. they are also slow, handle poorly and have crappy brakes. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Your Ferrari is faster sure but the Aston is a lot more dignified

E36M3
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't compare it to a Ferrari, only because they are trying to do very different things. I'd compare it more to a 911 C2S, and I think the 911 offers better value.

No doubt that it is a beautiful car.. I have always admired the styling of Astons, and they have a fantastic history. I just think that they are expensive. Remember that you are paying a huge premium over a number of Jaguar products that have similar mechanicals and similar styling (not sure if I would call either of them dignified, but that is up to you).

Both of the Vantages that I had a chance to spend time with also had some really brutal interior defects, which further puzzled me. I would have expected them to be perfect.. not sure if it has been addressed or not, but you would never see these types of issues with a Porsche.

Certainly, for the money, you could even compare it to a 911 Turbo or a Mercedes SL63, both of which would slaughter it performance wise. IIRQ, the Aston will cost at least 170k out the door.

Originally posted by b_t

Your Ferrari is faster sure but the Aston is a lot more dignified

TorqueDog
04-08-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm a bigger fan of the DB9 myself. Was parked beside one today when I picked up my car from Maranello's.

adamc
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
^^ I was going to ask you if you had the beast on the road yet.

The Cosworth
04-08-2008, 05:47 PM
wow he didnt park like a prick.

That goes to all of you with a $50,000 - $100,000 car that if he can park in a stall, you can too ;)

seen him driving around I think. Nice freaking car.

ZorroAMG
04-08-2008, 06:00 PM
There is also a LOT to be said about uniqueness and rarity. Sure the Aston isn't the best performer but looks AND interior (NO DEFECTS in the 3 that I have driven) trump the ferraris and you don't see 3 everytime you drive downtown....IN MY OPINION....lol

If you are a trackstar, sure the AMV may not be for you but if you want a gorgeous 400hp car that doesn't look like any base model (SL63 vs 350) mercedes or P-car from the untrained eye, have the ridiculous maintenance and finicky temperment of an F car or Lambo at half the price, the AMV is the best choice..

adamc
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
if you want a gorgeous 400hp car, that's not too flashy, get what Torque Dog has :)

b_t
04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
There is also a LOT to be said about uniqueness and rarity. Sure the Aston isn't the best performer but looks AND interior (NO DEFECTS in the 3 that I have driven) trump the ferraris and you don't see 3 everytime you drive downtown....IN MY OPINION....lol

If you are a trackstar, sure the AMV may not be for you but if you want a gorgeous 400hp car that doesn't look like any base model (SL63 vs 350) mercedes or P-car from the untrained eye, have the ridiculous maintenance and finicky temperment of an F car or Lambo at half the price, the AMV is the best choice..

That's exactly how I feel about it. I could get a way, way faster car than the Aston, but it's an Aston Martin!

ZorroAMG
04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by adamc
if you want a gorgeous 400hp car, that's not too flashy, get what Torque Dog has :)

GREAT car but not in the same league...

b_t...right on the money...

E36M3
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
It is silly to compare any Ferrari to a Vantage, but I'll bite. I strongly disagree with the interior comparison. The Ferraris feel like a million bucks (all of the current ones, the F430/F612/F599) where the Vantage still feels mass produced.

There isn't any way to agree on it if you don't understand, but a Ferrari just feels like something from another planet. There simply is no comparison between any Aston Martin and any Ferrari, interior or otherwise. They are not in the same universe.

I'm surprised that the three Astons you were in had no defects.. all of the Aston owners I personally know have complained about how poor the quality is. Mechanically, etc., I'd assume they are about mid-pack (probably about the same as Jaguar), but again, it isn't fair to compare to a car like an F430 which uses a lot of Formula 1 technology and really has never been made not to be temperamental. Having said that, my F430 survived a 3000 mile rally in one piece, which is saying a lot (a buddies Vantage also survived, but it was a handful at high speeds. A DB9 failed to finish due to mechanical difficulties, although to be fair, lots of other cars failed too.)

Anyway, I am sure they are a blast, and at that price level, it comes down to taste as much as anything. I'd trade the snob factor of an Aston for the reliability, resale value and relative stealth of a 911 C2S any day. The 911 is not as special of a car, and never will be, but it is about as good as it gets (didn't you use to have a C4S?).

ZorroAMG
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I have never owned a ferrari so I can't argue with ya! I have been in ALL of the newer cars and their interiors are AESTHETICALLY not as pleasing IMO, that's all. The F-cars are WAY more money than our AMV though, so it doesn't seem logical...it's all subjective though...

I had a C4 and it was/is a great car and a blast to drive, it's just as a sports car that I never tracked, it lacked the style and was becoming too common and ALWAYS had random rattles that the dealer could never diagnose...same with the boxster I had and same with the 930 back in the day.

I love the AMV and that's all that matters in the end...

Next time I'm in town, a tour?

E36M3
04-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Sure, let me know when you are in Calgary.. I am probably going to be in town this summer at some point. Sorry to hear about the rattles in the C4.. the only 997 I really have any time in was a turbo, and it seemed to be bulletproof. Actually reminds me a lot of my old E36 M3, which is a very strong compliment in my opinion.. like a highly evolved version of the M3 that is. Didn't seem like you kept the car for very long, so it must have been a pain in the ass.

I have never owned a ferrari so I can't argue with ya! I have been in ALL of the newer cars and their interiors are AESTHETICALLY not as pleasing IMO, that's all. The F-cars are WAY more money than our AMV though, so it doesn't seem logical...it's all subjective though...

I had a C4 and it was/is a great car and a blast to drive, it's just as a sports car that I never tracked, it lacked the style and was becoming too common and ALWAYS had random rattles that the dealer could never diagnose...same with the boxster I had and same with the 930 back in the day.

I love the AMV and that's all that matters in the end...

Next time I'm in town, a tour?

ZorroAMG
04-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll pm you when im in town and the car's out of storage. I had the C4 for a year, it wasn't that it was a pain, I was moving to van and got a great price for it...

E36M3
04-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I came across this review while reading the Times online this morning.. Jeremy Clarkson never fails to nail it on the head.. you'll really enjoy this review, as I think he has covered everything we've said about the car in this thread:

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article567310.ece

I'll pm you when im in town and the car's out of storage. I had the C4 for a year, it wasn't that it was a pain, I was moving to van and got a great price for it...

ZorroAMG
04-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Jeremy's funny...he absolutely RAVED about it in a video but did a little flip flop there...nevertheless, I LOVE the car and it's a SEXY mofo, NO doubt about that :D

E36M3
04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah, who knows. I think there is a lot of truth to the fact that they had to artificially limit the capability of the car to keep the DB9 as a premium vehicle.. probably not much different than the Boxster vs. the 911. In any case, it was a funny read.

Jeremy's funny...he absolutely RAVED about it in a video but did a little flip flop there...nevertheless, I LOVE the car and it's a SEXY mofo, NO doubt about that :D