PDA

View Full Version : Stop Lose...STOP SHOWING IT!!!

clockworkboy3
04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Worst movie ever!!!! DO NOT GO!!! Even if you are a dumb red neck American...stay clear...it will make you stoopider!

Pahnda
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
I see it did a number on you. :(

7thgenvic
04-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Can't wait to go see it.

Hawk01
04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by clockworkboy3
stoopider!

:rolleyes:

baronvonmarlon
04-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Isn't it called "stop loss" ?

pf0sh0
04-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by baronvonmarlon
Isn't it called "stop loss" ?

yeah it is dawg.

clockworkboy3
04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
ya, but as I'm an educated white guy on here...i was just trying to fit in with the beyond posting method of poor spelling and bad grammar! lol

kerry
04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Suuurrrrreeeee ya were.

baronvonmarlon
04-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by kerry
Suuurrrrreeeee ya were.

LOL :thumbsup:

2002civic
04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
ya, but as I'm an educated white guy on here...i was just trying to fit in with the beyond posting method of poor spelling and bad grammar! lol
:rolleyes:

pepschnops
04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I feel even stoooopider after reading this.

pf0sh0
04-06-2008, 09:21 PM
ha guys

clockworkboy3
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
See, my thread is working!!!

Toms-SC
04-06-2008, 10:31 PM
kay

jay42w8
04-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Red Neck Movie Reviews lol

Care to explain WHY it was bad????

JRSC00LUDE
04-06-2008, 11:29 PM
With the rampant overuse of "07" and "08" lately, I'll just look to our probable future and call you an "09".

ZorroAMG
04-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned, re-banned, IP-changed future '10's FTL

clockworkboy3
04-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Ok here's why it was bad.

There is no plot at all!
There is no real story!
Worse cuts and directing ever.
At the end...3 decisions are made by the main character only to forget them all for the big SURPRISE!
If I had my car there I would have walked out half way through...this movie will only appeal tou 16 yr old girls who love Ryan Philipe in a cowboy hat and crying a little.

I thought it would be an American propaganda movie but it doesn't even work as that.

analbumcover
04-07-2008, 08:48 AM
ha guys
rediculars
stoopider
07 :rolleyes:

clockworkboy3
04-07-2008, 08:52 AM
thanks for pointing that out analbumcover lol

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 08:58 AM

There is no plot at all!
There is no real story!
At the end...3 decisions are made by the main character only to forget them all for the big SURPRISE!
If I had my car there I would have walked out half way through...this movie will only appeal tou 16 yr old girls who love Ryan Philipe in a cowboy hat and crying a little.

I thought it would be an American propaganda movie but it doesn't even work as that.

What I heard from a girl I work with is the story is pretty simple:

People get back from war in Iraq
They have to be sent back
They contemplate jumping the boarder to Canada...

That was the brief 30 sec she talked about it, so to me it sounds like there is a story...

Your review of the movie is pretty inadequate. Now I've never seen the movie, nor do I plan too as I could tell from the trailers is more than likely something I wouldn't enjoy... I still wouldn't mind a tangible / cohereant review from an apparent "an educated white guy" cause you're giving the rest of us educated white guys a bad rep...

Kona9
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

That was the brief 30 sec she talked about it, so to me it sounds like there is a story...

Your review of the movie is pretty inadequate. Now I've never seen the movie, nor do I plan too as I could tell from the trailers is more than likely something I wouldn't enjoy... I still wouldn't mind a tangible / cohereant review from an apparent "an educated white guy" cause you're giving the rest of us educated white guys a bad rep...

I see you called yourself educated. I will be contacting the BGP (Beyond Grammar Police) immediately so they can tear your post apart.

:D

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

I see you called yourself educated. I will be contacting the BGP (Beyond Grammar Police) immediately so they can tear your post apart.

Haha I haven't seen them kicking around lately ;)

I know my grammar isn't perfect, but I can at least form sentences :thumbsup:

clockworkboy3
04-07-2008, 10:04 AM
lmao i love this show!

kertejud2
04-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Haha I haven't seen them kicking around lately ;)

Nobody expects the grammar police! Surprise is their main weapon!

ekguy
04-07-2008, 11:05 AM
hahahaha I dunno I thought it looked pretty good. People at work said it was decent. I still don't go to the theater very often either way.

But the op's review of the movie was lacking well....you know....a review maybe haha. If your going to tell us a movie is so horrible we shouldn't go your thread should at least have a half decent review....just my 2 cents

fuckin ridiculars

Rat Fink
04-07-2008, 11:05 AM

clockworkboy3
04-07-2008, 12:54 PM
But American foot stomping, knee slapping, banjo whailing, flag saluting, moonshine jug blowing, sister fucking, possum eating, barn raising, hoe-down hootenany war bullshit, no thank you.

A PERFECT review and he didn't even see it!

ZorroAMG
04-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by kertejud2

Nobody expects the grammar police! Surprise is their main weapon!

Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!

border
to
coherent

Those are JUST the spelling mistakes...I simply do not have the TIME to review grammar and sentence structure at the moment.

You're welcome! :D

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!

border
to
coherent

Those are JUST the spelling mistakes...I simply do not have the TIME to review grammar and sentence structure at the moment.

You're welcome! :D

ZOMG AMBUSHED!!!

But really, it's to be expected with somebody who has way to much free time on his hands... Come on Mark when are you going to update your resume? You haven't done any major roles since 06!!! ;)

Just buggin man haha.

Schwa
04-07-2008, 04:41 PM

ZAMG AMBUSHED!!!

Fixed

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Schwa

Fixed

:rofl:

awesome

kerry
04-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
ha guys

You obviously didn't get the point of my keyboard...
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214152&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Please order one asap, I can save you valuable typing time. I take paypal or cash sale ;)

ZorroAMG
04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Kerry, do you have one in brushed aluminum for us mac users??

paypal?

403, I've done 6 projects since '06, you need to stalk me properly! Haha!

mark4091
04-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Thread gave me a headache sums it up well.

iceburns288
04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
But American foot stomping, knee slapping, banjo whailing, flag saluting, moonshine jug blowing, sister fucking, possum eating, barn raising, hoe-down hootenany war bullshit, no thank you.
All this stuff is awesome, minus the sister fucking and possum eating...!

Just kidding, I'm from the south, possum is pretty good:thumbsup: .

403Gemini
04-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Kerry, do you have one in brushed aluminum for us mac users??

paypal?

403, I've done 6 projects since '06, you need to stalk me properly! Haha!

Well get IMDB to update then!!! ;)

Btw, your underwears on sale on ebay.... hahaha

Rat Fink
04-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Q-TIP
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM

There is no plot at all!
There is no real story!

I saw it last night and felt that the movie was precisely what I expected. There was not supposed to be a narrative story about one man's experiences in the war, nor was it supposed to glamorize or detract from being a soldier in the United States army.

The purpose of the movie was to illustrate both how fighting in a unique situation like Iraq can take serious psychological tolls on the human psyche as well as make it known to the world exactly what Stop-Loss protocol is and how it affects the soldiers coming home. The story itself was actually created in consultation with an AWOL U.S. soldier residing in Canada currently and closely parallels his own experiences. The "SURPRISE" at the end is not a surprise at all, in fact most people considering doing what he was going to do would eventually change their minds as well. First, if he were to carry out his plan then he would never be able to return home to visit family and friends, secondly it is very difficult to make a new life for yourself with a new identity in a foreign country.

The acting was not terrible, it was definitely not the best that I have ever seen but you can't fault a movie for that. The characters were believable, and closely relate to a few of my friends that have fought in Iraq in the Marine Corps.

The movie is thought provoking, which for many members of beyond probably makes it a difficult movie to watch. It is not a war movie per se, and it is not a movie about a particular squad of men who have returned from the war. It does not put war hero's in the limelight, and it does not belittle those who choose to put their countries wishes ahead of their own, even if they do not necessarily agree with it. The film is simply a dramatic critical review of the after-effects of urban warfare on soldiers and the implications of Stop-Loss protocol. In essence it is about all 650 000 men that are and have served in Iraq, and all those from Canada and other coalition countries that are serving overseas. But it highlights the plight of the 81 000 men that have been forced to return to war even after their contract is over, despite the fact that it has been officially declared that the 'war' is over.

Q-TIP
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I would also like to point out that most of the cuts of battle (with the exception of the ones where you actually see the main actors) are clips of footage that soldiers have captured while overseas fighting in Iraq. So you can excuse them for not finding correct lighting conditions or putting together logical cut sequences.

403Gemini
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Q-TIP

I saw it last night and felt that the movie was precisely what I expected. There was not supposed to be a narrative story about one man's experiences in the war, nor was it supposed to glamorize or detract from being a soldier in the United States army.

The purpose of the movie was to illustrate both how fighting in a unique situation like Iraq can take serious psychological tolls on the human psyche as well as make it known to the world exactly what Stop-Loss protocol is and how it affects the soldiers coming home. The story itself was actually created in consultation with an AWOL U.S. soldier residing in Canada currently and closely parallels his own experiences. The "SURPRISE" at the end is not a surprise at all, in fact most people considering doing what he was going to do would eventually change their minds as well. First, if he were to carry out his plan then he would never be able to return home to visit family and friends, secondly it is very difficult to make a new life for yourself with a new identity in a foreign country.

The acting was not terrible, it was definitely not the best that I have ever seen but you can't fault a movie for that. The characters were believable, and closely relate to a few of my friends that have fought in Iraq in the Marine Corps.

The movie is thought provoking, which for many members of beyond probably makes it a difficult movie to watch. It is not a war movie per se, and it is not a movie about a particular squad of men who have returned from the war. It does not put war hero's in the limelight, and it does not belittle those who choose to put their countries wishes ahead of their own, even if they do not necessarily agree with it. The film is simply a dramatic critical review of the after-effects of urban warfare on soldiers and the implications of Stop-Loss protocol. In essence it is about all 650 000 men that are and have served in Iraq, and all those from Canada and other coalition countries that are serving overseas. But it highlights the plight of the 81 000 men that have been forced to return to war even after their contract is over, despite the fact that it has been officially declared that the 'war' is over.

Hmm interesting, sounds like I might rent it. :thumbsup:

clockworkboy3
04-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Please do NOT rent this movie or contribute to it's money making in anyway way. I don't know how he could have enjoyed this sad excuse for a multi million dollar production. My 2 year old could have directed it better. This movie doesn't focus on the point or any situation...it simply jumps from plot marker to plot marker but doesn't evolve at all.

One time I had a wall painting party and water boiling contest...as the water boiled (and man did it seem to take forever) and the paint dried...anticipating that awesome next coat...I found myself 325 times more entertained than sitting at that jumble of crap!

SpoonEK9@STRD
04-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I will contribute hard, by watching this in the theatre. One.