PDA

View Full Version : Office Back!!

baronvonmarlon
04-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Yo, I'm just writting this to make sure every office fan knows the show is returning this thursday (april 10th) at 10 O'clock. I'm stoked !! Also you should post your favorite office quotes cause the show is hillarious !!!!

baronvonmarlon
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Dwight: I don't see it. I think they both could do better.

Angela: It's not a surprise to me. Pam is the office mattress.

snowboard
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
o fo real? aight denn.... aight den..

finally.
my reason to not go to roadhouse on thursdays is back to save my bank account.

beecue
04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
:clap: ... spinoff starts after the superbowl next year .. I wonder which characters are going to be in it

baronvonmarlon
04-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by beecue
:clap: ... spinoff starts after the superbowl next year .. I wonder which characters are going to be in it

I heard of this spinoff but didn't really get it. Are the just going to have two office shows at different offices ?

Tik-Tok
04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by baronvonmarlon

I heard of this spinoff but didn't really get it. Are the just going to have two office shows at different offices ?

I'd bet Jim is going to get his own office... and the new show will suck.

baronvonmarlon
04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, making a spinoff is like destroying somthing perfect.

2002civic
04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
^^agreed, but who knows, maybe it will work...

snowboard
04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
too pumped for words.

googe
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

sneek
04-06-2008, 08:45 PM
:clap: :clap:
I am excited! I just wish b-copping was still working, that way I could watch them whenever I want. Ah well :)

baronvonmarlon
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Ryan: Did this happen on company property?
Michael Scott: It was on company property, with company property. So, double jeopardy, we're fine.
Ryan: I don't think-- I don't think you understand how jeopardy works.
Michael Scott: Oh, I'm sorry. What is, 'we're fine'?

kertejud2
04-06-2008, 10:03 PM
From what I read about the spinoff it would be unrelated to the current cast, but the Office would be used as the stepping stone for it. The idea was that its a similar concept (bad boss, but a different environment) and that NBC was trying to get a big name actor to play the lead. Essentially no Office character would be used in the spinoff except for when they'd overlap to launch the show.

That's what I understood it to be anyway. Probably just NBC wanting to create a successful show where they don't have to pay royalties to Gervais and Merchant.

Anwyays, the best line of this season

Michael: Jim, I want you to make love to Karen. Get on top of her and think of Stanley.

wjjeeper
04-06-2008, 10:07 PM
"that's what she said"

HAHAHAAHA

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
lol Dwight hiding the weapons around the office! lol a sword in the ceiling, or in the filing cabinet in a file:

"Mr. A. Knife" :rofl:

kertejud2
04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
lol Dwight hiding the weapons around the office! lol a sword in the ceiling, or in the filing cabinet in a file:

"Mr. A. Knife" :rofl:

I'd rather be killed by somebody I know accidentally, than by a stranger on purpose.

HillBilly
04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Michael: I tried hopping Kevin! Then I bumped my elbow and now it has a protruberance!

From the one where he cooked his foot in the foreman grill:thumbsup:

Mo Squared
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
"Dwight,

The coffee will be poisoned this morning. DO NOT drink the coffee. More instructions will follow.

-Future Dwight"

drew_goring
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
DL is up on eztv.

Should be a good one.:thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
04-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Michael: It happened this morning in the parking lot. I took her to the hospital. And the doctors tried to save her, life, they did the best they could. And she is going to be ok.

I love this show. Glad its back!:clap:

beecue
04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Future Dwight episode was awesome

:rofl: :rofl: Sometimes I stand here for hours watching the tv .. too bad it's not 40min episodes anymore :(

Manhattan
04-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Glad its back but the last 2 episodes have been disappointing...tonight's show was more odd than funny. They need to get back 2 basics.

PGTze
04-11-2008, 01:53 AM
I fucking love The Office, tonights episode wasn't too bad...

(playing charades)
Micheal: His first name is Tom and he goes on cruises
Jim: Kattie Holmes!?

Micheal: His name ryhmes with Parnold schwarzenegger
Jim: Tom Cruise!?

Eleanor
04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Glad to see the show back, but last night's was a bit dissapointing :(

bigboom
04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Glad its back but the last 2 episodes have been disappointing...tonight's show was more odd than funny. They need to get back 2 basics.

agreed...although michael's bed was awesome.

Neil4Speed
04-11-2008, 10:36 AM
That episode was slightly disappointingly, maybe its just that we were waiting so long.

Did anyone else find it unbelievably awkward?

Antonito
04-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Did anyone else find it unbelievably awkward?

Well yeah, but that's the whole point of the show.

It's been better, but I'm not disappointed by that episode. When Jan kept playing that song Hunter wrote about her...classic

Spoons
04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
"And the award for busiest beaver goes to... Phyllis Lapin!"
"This says bushiest beaver..."

"An office... is as safe as the people in it. And sometimes those people can drive you to do crazy things to show the dangers of the office. That's the danger I found myself in today. I saved a life. My own. Am I a hero? I really can't say. But, yes."

"OK. If I have to do this, based on stereotypes that are totally untrue, that I do not agree with, you would maybe not be a very good driver."
"Oh, man, am I a woman?"

:rofl: Tears of happiness that this show is back...

403Gemini
04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Antonito

Well yeah, but that's the whole point of the show.

It's been better, but I'm not disappointed by that episode. When Jan kept playing that song Hunter wrote about her...classic

Indeed, thats basically the entire humor of the show is to feel really awkward, i love it.

I thought tonights episode wasn't bad since the last episode (i believe) was Jan's failed law suit against the company.

I thought it was a good episode. Not one of the better ones, but none-the-less still a good episode.

icecreamvan
04-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Great episode. :rofl: :rofl:

kertejud2
04-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Indeed, thats basically the entire humor of the show is to feel really awkward, i love it.

I thought tonights episode wasn't bad since the last episode (i believe) was Jan's failed law suit against the company.

If people think this Office is akward, they should give the British one a watch. And good catch with the previous episode. It seems so long ago you forget they need to try and keep the storyline going.

My favorite moment was actually the look on Pam's face when she realized Jim was going to leave her there alone, then the ensuing sabotage of his plan.

The Cosworth
04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
one of the worst office episodes I have seen so far.

jesus I hope it gets better.

The only funny part was when they were arguing over jim trying to leave.

arian_ma
04-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
one of the worst office episodes I have seen so far.

jesus I hope it gets better.

The only funny part was when they were arguing over jim trying to leave.

Fuck man I agree, there used to be SOME humor in that show. Even I felt awkward watching this episode. Such a disgustingly uncomfortable feeling watching that shit.

kertejud2
04-13-2008, 01:54 PM
For the people who complain about the awkwardness, when exactly did you start watching the show? Because Seaons 1 and 2 had far more awkward moments than this episode did, there isn't even a moment in this episode that I would put into the top 20 "I want to look away but its just so brutal" moments.

The show was built around this kind of humour. Its how the British one was made, the only difference being that there were no little uplifting jokes to lighten the mood or a redeeming gesture at the end to give off a glimer of hope. It became the most successful British comedy by chopping you off at your ankles, then your knees, then your waist then kicks you face down in the mud and lights you on fire (this was actually how the movie 'Stalingrad' was described to me before I saw it).

If it weren't for the awkward moments, the show would just be cold opens and one-liners.

Dj_Stylz
04-13-2008, 02:48 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/212/511118678_f2d315c18d.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Harbinger83/pervert.jpg

403Gemini
04-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2
For the people who complain about the awkwardness, when exactly did you start watching the show? Because Seaons 1 and 2 had far more awkward moments than this episode did, there isn't even a moment in this episode that I would put into the top 20 "I want to look away but its just so brutal" moments.

The show was built around this kind of humour. Its how the British one was made, the only difference being that there were no little uplifting jokes to lighten the mood or a redeeming gesture at the end to give off a glimer of hope. It became the most successful British comedy by chopping you off at your ankles, then your knees, then your waist then kicks you face down in the mud and lights you on fire (this was actually how the movie 'Stalingrad' was described to me before I saw it).

If it weren't for the awkward moments, the show would just be cold opens and one-liners.

:werd: The awkwardness is the entire humor of the show. It's full of foot in mouth humor and I love it.

Honestly, who wouldn't love to have a boss you could dick around with like Michael Scott haha. I think what makes this also so succesful is the characters are pretty much extremes of all different types of office personalities so you can generally pick a character and relate to them or identify co-workers as characters. Hell i know a guy who is like a hybrid Chandler from Friends and Dwight from The Office... quite a mix :rofl:

The Cosworth
04-14-2008, 08:56 AM
^^ i have watched it from the beginning, so I like the akwardness.

Not sure why but I didnt like it at all, just thought it was stupid not the funny awkward, just stupid awkward

jonnycat
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Greatest show ever.

Dwight Schrute: Someone forged medical information, and that's a felony.
Jim Halpert: OK, Whoa, all right 'cause that's a pretty intense accusation. How do you know that they're fake?
Dwight Schrute: [reading from a sheet] Uh, Leprosy, Flesh Eating Bacteria, Hot Dog Fingers, Government Created Killer Nano Robot Infection.

Michael Scott: You'll notice, I didn't have anybody being Arab. I thought that would be too explosive, uh, no pun intended. But I just thought, "too soon" for Arabs, maybe next year. You know, the ball's in their court.

Michael Scott: Yes. It is true. I, Michael Scott, am signing up with an online dating service. Thousands of people have done it, and I am going to do it. I need a username, and... I have a great one. "Little Kid Lover". That way people will know exactly where my priorities are at.

Tik-Tok
04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
^^ i have watched it from the beginning, so I like the akwardness.

Not sure why but I didnt like it at all, just thought it was stupid not the funny awkward, just stupid awkward

I found it more humorous, because I've been in that situation before, where your at some friends house, and their baiting at each other the whole time.

tatime
04-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Jim: "Hey Stanley, do you know any games?"
Stanley: "I know a game, it's called work hard so my kids can go to college."

Michael: "I... declare... BANKRUPTCY!!"
Oscar: "By the way you can't just say it and expect anything to happen."
Michael: "I didn't say it, I declared it."

beecue
04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Kevin: Do you want to go to the beach?
Angela: Maybe.
Kevin: Do you want to get high?
Angela: No.
Kevin: I think you do, mon.

:rofl: that was a good episode

403Gemini
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Haha or the basketball episode when stanley is coming down the stairs
"There is our secret weapon!"

beecue
04-24-2008, 12:36 PM
and when he actually plays :rofl: :rofl: oh man I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that

rys.mak
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
RYAN STARTED THE FIRE!!!

icecreamvan
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
My favourite:

lj3SBwS8Mds

403Gemini
04-24-2008, 01:04 PM
and when he actually plays :rofl: :rofl: oh man I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that

im trying to keep my laughter down to a minimum (its quiet at work today) but this is certainly making it hard remebering that scene :rofl:

syeve
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM
^^:rofl: :rofl: me too. This show kills me :rofl:

403Gemini
04-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by syeve
^^:rofl: :rofl: me too. This show kills me :rofl:

I love how it just feels so real. Like when Jim tosses andy's cell phone in the ceiling and Jim gives it a call. Jims got this shit eating grin on his face and andy flips out and punches a hole through the wall haha Jim just hangs up and stares at his computer monitor like hes doing work :rofl: i cant even tell you how many times ive done shit like that and faked work to get outta it haha

snowboard
04-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Hahahaha
fuck i loved when they recapped jims pranks

putting a nickel in his handset everyday, and one day he took them out so dwight hit himself in the face with his phone hahahahaha

dwgiht

syeve
04-24-2008, 01:42 PM
It totally hits home because of actual office personalities and office politics that I see everyday. Very real and very accurate in a lot of ways. I think the show is genious. :thumbsup:

snowboard
04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by syeve
It totally hits home because of actual office personalities and office politics that I see everyday. Very real and very accurate in a lot of ways. I think the show is genious. :thumbsup:

totally agree, my freinds dont like the show..
i have a dwight or two here, its pretty funny.. and a stanley, the kinda get my work done ignore everyone and gtfo.. and even a bit of a andy (brown noser) but he's a bit cooler lol...

403Gemini
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

totally agree, my freinds dont like the show..
i have a dwight or two here, its pretty funny.. and a stanley, the kinda get my work done ignore everyone and gtfo.. and even a bit of a andy (brown noser) but he's a bit cooler lol...

Haha my buddy is a Michael Scott (minus the Management thing lol) - he just always says the wrong thing at the wrong time and always creates moments of awkward silence.

bigboom
04-24-2008, 02:19 PM

im trying to keep my laughter down to a minimum (its quiet at work today) but this is certainly making it hard remebering that scene :rofl:

that's what she said.

beecue
04-24-2008, 11:13 PM
haha tonights was good .. Merideth getting smoked in the face

Jim: "Oscar!"

Michael: "Ryan we are going to take your clothes off"

oh and Toby :rofl:

403Gemini
04-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by icecreamvan
My favourite:

lj3SBwS8Mds

OH MY GOD YES!!!!! hahaha best episode ever!!!!!!!!

Eleanor
04-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Bears, beets, Battlestar Gallactica :rofl: :rofl:

banned3x
04-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Michael Scott’s Dunder Mifflin
Scranton Meredith Palmer
Memorial Celebrity Rabies
Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run
Race For The Cure

i said fun raiser not fundraiser"

kertejud2
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
"If I'm dead, you've all been dead for weeks."

Xtrema
04-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2
"If I'm dead, you've all been dead for weeks."

:rofl:

PGTze
04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Best eppisode of the season so far...

Michael Scott: This place is like a sexy preschool.

PGTze
05-15-2008, 11:05 PM
EPIC

That might have been the best episode ever, seriously.

analbumcover
05-15-2008, 11:09 PM
that was crazy! so much stuff happened im still absorbing it all

i know something would happen with dwight and angela!

i feel so bad for michael, jan is a mother fucking bitch

beecue
05-16-2008, 01:02 AM
oh man that episode was jokes .. especially kevin and holly scenes :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Supa Dexta
05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah that was good stuff.. :rofl: I just got finished saying "weird andy hasn't had any parts this show" then boom there he was with the mic.. I will miss the toby jokes though, if he is gone for good. He was getting weird though.

I thought for sure jans kid was going to be hunters. I wished micheal had of said "hello jan this is micheal, I've decided to come with you tomorrow to lacrosse class" :rofl:

All and all, that was getting back to where it came from. It's weird the fight between jim and ryan, where did that ever come from? They got along when they both worked there, and ryan hated the place.. just kinda odd.

Justing
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
oh man that episode was jokes .. especially kevin and holly scenes :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"i do the numbers"
"I'm going to eat PIIEE"

:rofl: :rofl:

5hift
05-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
It's weird the fight between jim and ryan, where did that ever come from? They got along when they both worked there, and ryan hated the place.. just kinda odd.

Ryan got promoted above Jim for the job they both applied for. He then got really defensive of his idea to launch DunderMiflen online after Jim discredited it to Ryan's boss. Ryan found out and was cold to Jim since then.

Dj_Stylz
05-16-2008, 03:21 PM
The end was not what i was expecting haha.

" D for Dandy"

403Gemini
05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Ryan got promoted above Jim for the job they both applied for. He then got really defensive of his idea to launch DunderMiflen online after Jim discredited it to Ryan's boss. Ryan found out and was cold to Jim since then.

Rewatch season 3, its pretty obvious Jim got the job but turned it down to come back to Scranton.

Ryan also is obviously cold towards Jim because he flirted with Pam and Pam said shes with Jim which embarassed Ryan infront of a few of the office staff.