PDA

View Full Version : Juno's - what did you think?

Melinda
04-06-2008, 11:42 PM
For those of you who had tickets to the show, what did you think? We had a great time. Well as good a time as two feist haters can have at the all feist show lol. j/k

But I'm a Michael Buble fantatic so seeing him introduce, win and perform was a nice treat :) The intro with Paul Brandt was good, Russell Peters was hilarious, overall a really good show! We watched it later on TV to see it from a different angle and it was neat to know what had gone on behind the scenes.

Our only complaint was our surroundings. Hubby and I were litterally sandwhiched into our seats by two fatties on either side of us. Hubby actually had to put his arm around me and intertwine his legs with mine for the whole show just to get that extra two inches of space and be able to sit in his chair. Thank goodness the two of us are relatively small people. What the fuck is with fat people who think that one $120 ticket entitles them to spill over into the seats beside them and have our comfort space? Augh! I saw the worst sampling of ass crack from the fat chick beside me wearing spandex pants when she got up at the end. By the time I tried to look away it was too late, the damage to my retinas had been done. *Que the gagging* And the woman behind me who dumped her entire beer down my back was a nice way to start the evening! :thumbsup:

Sorry, rant over! :D Aside from the inconsiderates around us, we had a great time! Best valentine's day present evar! What did you guys think?

Ajay
04-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I thought it was funny during the red carpet show Ben Mulroney introduced Russell Peters as Russell Simons.

After that I stopped watching.

Eleanor
04-07-2008, 12:41 AM
BORING! And i didn't know who half the people were lol. Russell was decent, he had to tone it down a bit though. And Jully Black has a penis.

djayz
04-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Watched portions of it on tv and found it extremely boring. Bad music along with a bunch of artists unknown to most of canada.

how the hell did feist win so much when one of her songs is made up of her saying "sea lion" a thousand times while varying the speed?:thumbsdow

icecreamvan
04-07-2008, 06:02 AM
I read on the herald that Feist beat out Anne Murray for best Pop album or something. Anne Murray - Pop?:rofl:

kertejud2
04-07-2008, 06:50 AM
The Junos coming to Calgary bringing with it the festival was really good for the city, but the show itself was pretty lame (though its expected, its the Junos).

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Wait.... the Junos were this weekend? They were in Calgary?!?!?!?!!?!? ..... What the hell are the Junos?

(Yes im being sarcastic)

Melinda really hates fat people :rofl:

rmk
04-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Feist rocks.

Melinda
04-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Melinda really hates fat people :rofl:
:rofl: To each their own I say. Live your life, I'll live mine, just don't force me to share my bubble of space with you just because you don't fit into your own. :D

toyboy88
04-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Only watched it because of Russell Peters....stopped watching after 30-40 minutes.

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

:rofl: To each their own I say. Live your life, I'll live mine, just don't force me to share my bubble of space with you just because you don't fit into your own. :D

Oh don't get me wrong i completely agree, I had a fatty get angry at me on the c-train cause i wouldnt crush my face into the glass to let her sit down. She plopped 1 ass cheek on the seat (i was against the window, she was in the aisle) and she screeched "CAN YOU MOVE OVER?!" I actually responded "No i don't think it's physically possible!!!" the 2 teenagers accross from me started laughing their assess off and she stood up in a huff and stood against the wall.

Did I feel like an asshole? Yeah, a bit... but honestly, its your choice (generally, unless its a glandular problem, even still you can watch your diet carefully and exercise regularly) to live like that, why should the norm. have to adjust because you choose to be fat!

Inzane
04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Wait.... the Junos were this weekend? They were in Calgary?!?!?!?!!?!? ..... What the hell are the Junos?

No doubt.

Redlyne_mr2
04-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I think someone forgot that Canadian music is more than Anne Murray and Tom Cochrane. Horrible show, even worse live because you cant just get up and leave if you need a break.

Xtrema
04-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Meh, lucky didn't get any tickets first I thought I would.

Censored Russell is lame.

I don't know 1/2 the people on stage. Boring as hell.

Not to be racist or anything, why does all black singers have gap tooth?

LadyLuck
04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I was an official driver for the Junos and CARAS, met alot of awesome people and made great contacts.
driving for 2 days straight (18 hour shifts) i was so exhausted that by the time i finished my last drop off and the junos started i fell asleep in the van...so i missed all of it:zzz:

QuasarCav
04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Russell is lame.

I don't know 1/2 the people on stage.

Boring as hell.

Just like all asian posters post fobby?

01RedDX
04-07-2008, 02:09 PM

Xtrema
04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Also a valid observation...... :D

Rat Fink
04-07-2008, 02:12 PM

analbumcover
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Censored Russell is lame.

I don't know 1/2 the people on stage. Boring as hell.

they're in the way of whats goin in

Melinda
04-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Melinda and 403Gemini, you're the reason Rita McNeil didn't show up :cry:
:rofl: Such a loss for Calgary

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 02:25 PM

You're welcome

analbumcover
04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
oh btw guys, rita mcneil was stopped by the police at the airport

apparently a gust of wind blew up her skirt and exposed 300lbs of crack

max_boost
04-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

ur maather is so fat, wen shee jum for joy, she got stuck!

fan que

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your mother is so fat, when she jumps for joy, she got stuck!

Thank you.

Fob version is way better! :thumbsup:

treg50
04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Didn't watch.

Good to hear Feist cleaned up!

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

fan que

Your mother is so fat, when she jump for joy, she got stuck!

Thank you.

No way, you speak engrish?!

spikerS
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
I didn't really pay attention or watch the Juno's on TV, but I did goto the Jack singer concert hall on Sunday for CBC's presentation of the song writer's circle for the Juno's, and that was a blast.

had a few unknowns there in the first part, then brought out a few well known guys like from bedowin (sp?) sound clash and Corb Lund, what a great venue that was!

Hakkola
04-07-2008, 04:04 PM

fan que

Your mother is so fat, when she jumps for joy, she got stuck!

Thank you.

Fob version is way better! :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure both of those are fob version. :rofl:

Supa Dexta
04-07-2008, 04:06 PM
feist would be nobody without mac.. And even now I'm not sure why...

Melinda
04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
feist would be nobody without mac.. And even now I'm not sure why...
Funny enough, she won 5 awards and didn't thank mac/apple once. Way to snub the hand that gave you your career.

rmk
04-07-2008, 04:10 PM

Funny enough, she won 5 awards and didn't thank mac/apple once. Way to snub the hand that gave you your career.

:rolleyes: Apple brought her into mainstream. She still made good music that would have won her awards.

Hakkola
04-07-2008, 04:12 PM

If she did, everyone would call her a sellout/corporate whore.

Melinda
04-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I guess it's all a matter of perspective I guess. I can't stand her and personally think that if it weren't for mac pretty much handing her instant fame, she sure wouldn't have won 5 junos this year, performed at the grammys, been on SNL, ect.

max_boost
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I guess it's all a matter of perspective I guess. I can't stand her and personally think that if it weren't for mac pretty much handing her instant fame, she sure wouldn't have won 5 junos this year, performed at the grammys, been on SNL, ect.

I don't quite understand why you dislike her so much. Every star needs that big break to hit the mainstream and Apple did that for her. Why is she so undeserving of her success and fame? Because you personally think she sucks? Or maybe because she worked hard, made great music and got noticed. :zzz:

Melinda
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM

I don't quite understand why you dislike her so much. Every star needs that big break to hit the mainstream and Apple did that for her. Why is she so undeserving of her success and fame? Because you personally think she sucks? Or maybe because she worked hard, made great music and got noticed. :zzz:
Everyone's allowed to dislike an artist. I don't like her music. I think she sounds like a stoned hippie and that just isn't the kind of music I like to listen to. I get that everyone needs their big break, I just really don't see the harm in thanking the one who gave it to you.

01RedDX
04-07-2008, 04:59 PM

dannie
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I agree with Melinda.... I don't enjoy her stuff. The way she spoke to people irked me too. One of the awards she received, she said something about...... don't play the nylon stringed instrument, I have something important to say. WTF!!! You aren't important enough to put down other people. I hated her hippie outfit, I hated the sealion song.... I couldn't understand half of the words other than sea lion. I think she was a waste of time on the awards show.

That's my opinion though.

Melinda
04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
By the same token, Apple should be thanking Feist for helping them sell a shitload of Macs.
With all do respect intended, I don't hear a song that I like in the background of a commercial and then rush right out to buy that product. Catchy jingles make good commercials (if there is such a thing), but I didn't run out and buy an Ipod because the 'uber talented' Feist was singing the song on the commercial. If anything, the commercial made Apple money from the itunes downloads of the song, but in the long run, Feist had more to gain from the commercial than Apple did. I just thought maybe she should have mentioned the people who took her from low key indie fame and made her an international super star.

I actually like the song, Apple picked a good one for their commercial. The novelty of one song dies off after the 50th time that you've heard it though. And everything else I've heard of hers since sounds either exactly the same as 1234 or you can't understand a damn word she sings in the song (perfect example of that was her performance last night on the Junos) so overall as an artist, I am bored of her and don't really like her much. Didn't realize that was such a crime. :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
04-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't usually watch that crap but I watched a good portion to see Russell Peters, I thought he was as good as you can be in that type of forum.

Julie (yes, I will teach her to spell) Black looked like a man. She should fire her makeup artist/stylist/belief in god.

Feist scored some points when she said she used to open for the smalls back in the day! :thumbsup:

Like the music or not, at least her recognition is a long time coming and earned with years and years of work. Much better than some flash in the pan dipshit that picked up a guitar 18 months ago winning imo.

dezmarez
04-07-2008, 05:32 PM
russell was hilarious
with that 11 year old kid
so funny
and hedley was awesome!!!