PDA

View Full Version : I have an unlocked phone, any good Rogers plans?

DowntownCowboy
04-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I just went to HK and bought an unlocked Nokia N82. Its GSM of course so I'm stuck with Rogers/Fido, but at least I don't need a contract right?

If anyone knows of any good plans that aren't regular advertised please let me know (i.e corporate plan?). I've been using a corporate phone for the last 5 years so I'm not up to date on rates and plans anymore.

Specifically looking for unlimited evening/weekends, 200+ weekday minutes, texts. Possibly data plan as well though it has wifi so I won't need it as much I'm thinking.

Thx

DowntownCowboy
04-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Forgot to mention this would be my primary personal + work phone. LD minutes would be good too but not necessary as I use Skype.

Palmiros
04-07-2008, 12:14 AM
My current plan: (you would have to call them and ask if this is still available)

- 200 weekday minutes
- 150 bonus anytime minutes (=> 350 outgoing minutes)
- unlimited incoming
- evenings start @9pm end at 7am
- Free weekends/evenings (start at 9pm friday night ends monday @7am)
- 1000 between us CANADIAN long distance
- full detailed billing

$30/month

DowntownCowboy
04-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Thats a good plan, I vaguely remember that one from a long time ago.

The guy at Aberdeen in Richmond wasn't very helpful, he just gave me the canned plans and couldn't do much about it. And an extra $7 or so for the LD now.

94SSEi
04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Problem is that most of the good plans (MY5 and Ultd. Incoming) are only available on a 3 year anyways, even the Rogers to Rogers (Megatime) are only avail on a 1,2, or 3 year. The month to month plans suck (i.e. $25 for 250 Anytime mins)...so really you're not saving anything by having an unlocked phone.

And any rep at any store (AFAIK) will only be able to give you "canned plans," they just honestly don't have the access to do anything creative; if they did, a plan like the one posted above is prob a 3 year only.

EDIT: Also, AFAIK that plan listed above is not avail.

DowntownCowboy
04-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I visited another store and 94SSEi is 100% right. Canned plans or nothing.

They were so much better 5 years ago... long live competition...

I've given up and will suck it up and get a pricey canned plan.

DowntownCowboy
04-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I ended up taking over a contract that was in the classifieds. Thanks for your help!