PDA

View Full Version : new Camaro to get Brembo big brakes!

jwocky
04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
from Camaro5 (http://www.camaro5.com/)

Those big brembos look awesome on the black Camaro IMO.

Looks like they're going to be testing this bad boy on one of Germany's bad a** tracks!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4476&d=1207592047:eek:

UPDATE: Pics of Camaro on the actual test track:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3616

403Gemini
04-07-2008, 01:17 PM
holy shit thats hot... :eek:

2002civic
04-07-2008, 01:19 PM
that looks awesome!

rc2002
04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Ewww... The red calipers look really ricey.

HillBilly
04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
fuckin GM is at it again......

they are going to price this thing so out of whack, that they will have to pull the plug in 2 years....again.

Well done GM. Its time they take a look at why the mustang is always outselling the f body. They want too much money for their cars!!:banghead:

obliterate8
04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
The cobalt turbo will have a big break kit from brembo as well...

climer
04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
That's like putting lipstick on a pig. Red lipstick to be exact. :D

95teetee
04-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by climer
That's like putting lipstick on a pig. Red lipstick to be exact. :D :clap:

jwocky
04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
UPDATE: Pics of Camaro on the actual test track:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3616

b_t
04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by HillBilly
fuckin GM is at it again......

they are going to price this thing so out of whack, that they will have to pull the plug in 2 years....again.

Well done GM. Its time they take a look at why the mustang is always outselling the f body. They want too much money for their cars!!:banghead:

The difference is that the new Camaro is a serious sports car with big power and modern handling, whereas the Mustang is a cheap car aimed at women and the rental car market. The premium for the Camaro will be well worth it when it walks over all its competitors.

403Gemini
04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by b_t

The difference is that the new Camaro is a serious sports car with big power and modern handling, whereas the Mustang is a cheap car aimed at women and the rental car market. The premium for the Camaro will be well worth it when it walks over all its competitors.

Agree, what mustang needs to do is release a model between the GT and the GT-500 to compete in the same market as the challenger and camaro.

HillBilly
04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Did you really say "serious sports car" and "camaro" in the same sentence? WTF??

GM should stick to building over priced poorly built trucks... seems thats the only thing keeping them alive.

b_t
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Did you really say "serious sports car" and "camaro" in the same sentence? WTF??

GM should stick to building over priced poorly built trucks... seems thats the only thing keeping them alive.

Yeah sure buddy.. I've seen most, if not all, of GM's new cars getting practically universal praise from the press. Today's GM isn't the same GM we had even five years ago.

403Gemini
04-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Yeah sure buddy.. I've seen most, if not all, of GM's new cars getting practically universal praise from the press. Today's GM isn't the same GM we had even five years ago.

He's been clearly living under a rock for not knowing about the g8, new cobalt ss/tc, plans for the camaro, zr1, etc.

HillBilly
04-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

He's been clearly living under a rock for not knowing about the g8, new cobalt ss/tc, plans for the camaro, zr1, etc.

Gm's last attempt to get out of the financial ruin they are in. I can't wait for 10 or 15 years to go by... GM will be a distant memory.

I have an 07 Silverado LTZ, and my god its a piece of shit.

403Gemini
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
GM apparently has the highest amount of repeat customers and have a reputation for having some of the strongest trucks in the field :dunno:

HillBilly
04-08-2008, 02:06 PM
GM apparently has the highest amount of repeat customers and have a reputation for having some of the strongest trucks in the field :dunno:

Oh I will be the first to admit, they build one of the best trucks out there. But its the best of the shit. None of them build a truck reflective of the purchase price. I paid almost $50k for my crew cab Z71. Its worth $25k at most. Antiquated technology.... Suspension is from the 1940's. And getting a mid blowing 19mpg. Holy shait!

b_t
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM

Gm's last attempt to get out of the financial ruin they are in. I can't wait for 10 or 15 years to go by... GM will be a distant memory.

I have an 07 Silverado LTZ, and my god its a piece of shit.

Companies as big as GM simply don't go out of business, for one thing.. especially when they are the most successful of the big three North American companies, and are still one of the absolute largest car manufacturers in the world and are quite successful in every market they are in.

b_t
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM

Oh I will be the first to admit, they build one of the best trucks out there. But its the best of the shit. None of them build a truck reflective of the purchase price. I paid almost $50k for my crew cab Z71. Its worth $25k at most. Antiquated technology.... Suspension is from the 1940's. And getting a mid blowing 19mpg. Holy shait!

Well then, its worth $25k? Why'd you pay $50k, then?
How to solve your problem: buy used, dumbass

HillBilly
04-08-2008, 02:10 PM
the new cars planned are on hold until they get their head above water. They will stay concepts for a while. (if not for ever)

http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080321/REG/242860500/1004/TOC

figured out how to work the google today

Weapon_R
04-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I paid almost $50k for my crew cab Z71. Its worth $25k at most. Antiquated technology.... Suspension is from the 1940's.

Not to go too much off topic, but why'd you buy it then?

HillBilly
04-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Well then, its worth $25k? Why'd you pay $50k, then?
How to solve your problem: buy used, dumbass

Well, thats a great way to keep GM alive. Only buy used cars. So it seems your opinion is similar to mine as far as pricing goes.

b_t
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
the new cars planned are on hold until they get their head above water. They will stay concepts for a while. (if not for ever)

http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080321/REG/242860500/1004/TOC

figured out how to work the google today

You may notice that they are taking these actions because of the massive economic crisis in the States, not because of poor sales or running up huge losses. They also have only held back $500m which, for a company that has $27+ billion in cash, isn't really that big of a deal.

JRSC00LUDE
04-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by obliterate8
The cobalt turbo will have a big break kit from brembo as well...

What kind of break? 15 minute break? Coffee break? Break me off a piece of that kit-kat bar break? Be more specific please, english is only my first language.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Not to go too much off topic, but why'd you buy it then?

If memory serves, I think he had to buy a truck for work purposes and this was (or so he thought prior to purchase) the best alternative available.....if memory serves.

HillBilly
04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

If memory serves, I think he had to buy a truck for work purposes and this was (or so he thought prior to purchase) the best alternative available.....if memory serves.

impressive memory. Yes it is a corporate lease of my choice. I am in the process of getting rid of it and going to get either an Evo X or a Acura TSX instead.

dino_martini
04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd like one.

JRSC00LUDE
04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I'd like one.

No question it would be a blast to drive, as would the new turbo cobalt I assume. Unfortunately, from my eyes, GM always tries too hard with their styling (camaro, so far) or too little (cobalt) and always seem to miss the mark.

Based purely on an aesthetic point of view, they make things that look from passable to good but not great.

dino_martini
04-08-2008, 03:11 PM

No question it would be a blast to drive, as would the new turbo cobalt I assume. Unfortunately, from my eyes, GM always tries too hard with their styling (camaro, so far) or too little (cobalt) and always seem to miss the mark.

Based purely on an aesthetic point of view, they make things that look from passable to good but not great.

That can be said about any major car maker. But your right, nothing that GM has made recently has stood out as a design classic. Camaro should be interesting. Maybe GM will get it right, unlike Dodge with the Challenger and offer a manual transmission right away.

JRSC00LUDE
04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
^

True. In fact, no manufacturer that caters to the general populace has put out anything truly outstanding/timeless for a long while now.....:(

403Gemini
04-08-2008, 03:26 PM

Says the guy who drives a prelude... one of the straightest cars ever ;)

^

True. In fact, no manufacturer that caters to the general populace has put out anything truly outstanding/timeless for a long while now.....:(

And this i whole heartidly agree with. everything is so bland right now. There is no inspiring new cars out there... i actually had a pretty big vent about this with my buddies awhile back.

JRSC00LUDE
04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Says the guy who drives a prelude... one of the straightest cars ever ;)

I'd rather drive a straight car than a gay one! :rofl:

403Gemini
04-08-2008, 03:42 PM

I'd rather drive a straight car than a gay one! :rofl:

WHOA Whoa whoa.... at least its not a celica!

NickGT
04-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by b_t

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: