PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Job

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
08-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey, i need a job while i go threw grade 12...

I can work evenings and weekends...

Anyone know of anything?

thx

Hash_man
08-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Apply at partsource

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
08-12-2003, 07:14 PM
LOL, which one?

Hash_man
08-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Where abouts do you live, you can PM me if u want.

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
08-12-2003, 07:53 PM
I live in the SE, near Forest Lawn

/////AMG
08-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Si1ent_A5sa5sin

Anyone know of anything?

thx

:werd: :werd: :werd:
EXACTLY!!!!!!!
same here, I'm looking for a jo bin the N.E. with decent pay...part time only, anyone know any wharehouses who are taking in people under 18!?!?!??!

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
08-12-2003, 09:24 PM
hehe, yea... I would prefer to work somewhere (like a wearhouse) where i can make more than 5.90/h... otherwise i'll just go work at the local McDonalds.

I can work anywhere in the N.E or S.E

Thx alot

ecstasy_civic
08-13-2003, 11:15 AM
hook me up if you can find one lol

RiCE-DaDDy
08-13-2003, 11:52 AM
what so good with working at part source?

Ben
08-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Bah, Jobs suck, working 16 hour days is not enjoyable. Oh well, only for 16 more days. :)

Thats what I get for being financially careless. You get accustomed to a certain income and your spending habits form to that income, and then you get your hours cut and earnings plumit to 1/3...times get tough. My advice, find a stable job that you can maintain. Minimum wage wont cut it. I used to make quite a bit, and I have no idea how people working at McDonalds and shit survive. Get a good education and/or get to know people in high places. :thumbsup: I'll be able to pay a couple loans this month that will feel good. Perservearence pays off, but make a good attemp to not put yopurself in that position in the first place, and if its unavoidable...have a backup plan...rule of thumb is save enough to have 2 months expenses in the bank, and then if the bad happens, at least you can survive while you get back on your feet. Wish I had done that. :banghead:

RC-Cola
08-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Si1ent_A5sa5sin

Anyone know of anything?

thx

Just a tip, you might want to learn some proper grammer and spelling first before applying anywhere. Or at least get someone to proof read your resume.

no_joke
08-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola

Just a tip, you might want to learn some proper grammer and spelling first before applying anywhere. Or at least get someone to proof read your resume.

Maybe they should ask you for some help on their grammer. Sorry, I had to say it.

RC-Cola
08-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by no_joke

Maybe they should ask you for some help on their grammer. Sorry, I had to say it.

What do you mean? What is wrong with that sentence and spelling?

xkon
08-13-2003, 10:45 PM

What do you mean? What is wrong with that sentence and spelling?

i think it's spelt grammar

RC-Cola
08-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by xkon

i think it's spelt grammar

Opps, my bad. Note to admins, maybe we should look into a spell checker... LOL

Ben
08-13-2003, 11:21 PM

Opps, my bad. Note to admins, maybe we should look into a spell checker... LOL

ZorroAMG and Myself are already the Beyond Grammar Police, alas need to have a spelling and grammar checking device. ;)

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
08-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Bah, Jobs suck, working 16 hour days is not enjoyable. Oh well, only for 16 more days. :)

Thats what I get for being financially careless. You get accustomed to a certain income and your spending habits form to that income, and then you get your hours cut and earnings plumit to 1/3...times get tough. My advice, find a stable job that you can maintain. Minimum wage wont cut it. I used to make quite a bit, and I have no idea how people working at McDonalds and shit survive. Get a good education and/or get to know people in high places. :thumbsup: I'll be able to pay a couple loans this month that will feel good. Perservearence pays off, but make a good attemp to not put yopurself in that position in the first place, and if its unavoidable...have a backup plan...rule of thumb is save enough to have 2 months expenses in the bank, and then if the bad happens, at least you can survive while you get back on your feet. Wish I had done that. :banghead:

damb man, lol im looking for a PART TIME job, just for grade 12... lol... once im out im going up north to get my welding ticket (my dads a "somebody" up there in pipelining and can get me the best hookup's... we have it all planed out....) During the time I do my apprentiship, i will save and buy a welder and a truck (which will be EASSSSSY.. since i have no bills) And my dad already has all my tools and shit ready... (its my graduation gift)

I'll weld for a couple years then come down to calgary and be a welder here, and hook back up with my friends... who, by then, will HOPEFULLY... have their own shop... and i'll join then... my friend is in the middle of his machanics apprentiship right now, and another friend is going to get his autobody....

Thx for the advise though, im really smart and responsible with my money. I hope i wont have any problems :D

AND AS FOR..

Ok listen here mister "I wanna be a fuckin English teacher"...

STFU, I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT MY SPELLING OR GRAMMAR.... I TYPE FAST AND DONT FUCKIN CARE... AS LONG AS ITS UNDERSTANDABLE ITS GOOD WITH ME!!!

xDiMSuMx
08-14-2003, 12:21 AM
try applying at car rental companies

i used to work at National/Alamo car rental cleaning cars
9 dollars an hour

Davetronz
08-14-2003, 12:46 AM
The chance of him getting hired on with a rental company at his age might be slim.
If you are up for it, I would reccomend trying a place like IGA or Safeway, I made MAD cash at IGA back in the day, but I had skillz.

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
08-14-2003, 02:23 AM
lol.. "Skillz" hey...

What kinda money u make per hour?

My friend Celica Gts... (whatever his name is) works at a wearhouse... i tried getting a job there but they didint hire... Their starting pay is 10.95$/hour

MADDD CASH!!!

lol
Steve

Ben
08-14-2003, 07:54 AM
:rofl:, 10.95 an hour is not "MADDD CASH", although, thats not bad for someone in highschool.

max_boost
08-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Ben
:rofl:, 10.95 an hour is not "MADDD CASH", although, thats not bad for someone in highschool. :eek: haha:rofl:

Anyway, I agree with you Ben, so hard to make $$$ but yet so easy to fling it all away! Although constantly saving yields no enjoyment, proper spending/saving habits will go a long way in keeping you out of trouble and provide stability for the long run. Somedays I just want to sell my cars, invest the $$$ and just drive my Camry. The amount of disposable income I have would be ridiculous.

CRXguy
08-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx
try applying at car rental companies

i used to work at National/Alamo car rental cleaning cars
9 dollars an hour

Shit, I used to work for Alamo. Easiest shit ever!!! haha