PDA

View Full Version : Which Honda dealership to deal with?

Mckenzie
04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Well I'm looking at a lease on a new accord coupe. I went to Calgary Honda and got VERY irritated by the pushy manager insisting on a deposit before even finalizing a price or even letting me know if the car I wanted was available. I heard every car salesman line in the book too and it was irritating. Other than the super nice salesman, I was not very impressed with this place.

Conversation (after test-drive) went something like this:

Me- "So do you have any incentives on leases right now for the coupe? Nissan has 2.9% and $1500 cash back."

Him- "No the car is brand new and VERY rare....they are selling really fast so there will be no incentives on it. So can we get a deposit on the car so we know you are serious and can get the process started"

Me- "Well actually I was just test driving today and have not made a final decision yet between my choices. Do you know if you can even get the car in the color and trim that I want?"

Him- "Well yeah you give me a deposit and I can get it in a couple weeks."

Me- "I thought they were rare and hard to find...I cannot really see myself giving you a deposit when you dont even know if you can get the car I want."

Him- "Well give us a deposit and I'll see what I can find"

Right...that was just the tip of the iceberg for what buddy tried to pull on me for a deposit.

Anywho, I guess that leaves TT Honda and Honda West. I spoke with a nice guy at TT on Friday but wanted some input on who people have had good experiences with here.

Also, how much room is there to negotiate price or extras with honda?

Thanks if you can help or give me some suggestions.
:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Give Sorath a call at T&T. He's helped several of us get into a Honda for a decent price.

As for negotiation, probably more on an Accord than a civic. You won't get more than a few hundred off a civic.

Mr_ET
04-07-2008, 09:03 PM
extras you can negociate on, the price of the car itself they won't move much especially since this car came out like 4-5 months ago...

Go talk to Majed at Honda West, he won't give you crap and will get you the Honda you want for a fair price. Tell him Etienne sent you :)

Azn_Rice_Man
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
There's also Crowfoot Village Honda up in the NW. Price-wise, they're fair, but I would stay clear of their service department.

max_boost
04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Yep! Go see Sorath at T&T. Try to avoid the Business Manager Gus Callous. He is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. Doesn't return phone calls, doesn't honor time appointments, not once but on a few occasions! Not because he's super busy, he's just a fucking idiot! LOL

gpomp
04-07-2008, 11:48 PM
sorath has sold many hondas to beyonders. :thumbsup:

benyl
04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
sorath has sold many hondas to beyonders. :thumbsup:

Just don't bring your kids with you when you go meet him.

Mckenzie
04-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks guys- I remember seeing that name pop up in another thread and some good things were said about him. Thankfully he PM'd me with his name or else I would have called TT and asked for Sorath :rofl: :angel:

sputnik
04-08-2008, 09:32 AM
If Calgary Honda is more convenient for you... deal with Paul Satterblom.

He is VERY low pressure. He's a semi retired old guy that isn't desperate for sales like some of the younger guys. It shows and he seems to do very well with the low pressure technique.

Aleks
04-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Every time I've bought a car anywhere I have had a pretty good time with the salesmen, it's the finance managers that "accidentally" charge you twice for dealer fees, pdi etc. The difference is like 5-8 bux a month and unless you know how to spot this it's really easy to miss it. Never fails!

Mckenzie
04-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Just curious- which of those top side fees are you able to get out of? I know some you can and some you cannot but am not really sure which ones.

Aleks
04-08-2008, 10:22 AM
The documentation fee you should be able to get them to waive. Not sure about air tax and tire tax. Freight and Pdi is a bit tougher especially if you're after a model like Accord coupe that might be in short supply now?

I know honda also tries to sell you the window etching thing which is 300-400 bux, you have the right to refuse that.

Otherwise it might be worth while to pay for an invoice report to see exactly how much markup there is and go from there.

I used carcostcanada every time I bought a new car to see how much room there is to negotiate.

max_boost
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
The main one is the DOC fee aka administrative fee. This one is just a cash grab on the dealer's part. T&T never charged me but other dealers have ($300-$500).

Freight/PDI, tire tax, a/c tax, that you must pay.

3M, rustproofing, window etching, etc. that's all optional but dealer markup is crazy.

Just try to get the most off of the car and deal with the extras later.

Quizzes
04-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Ever thought of going to High River Honda? I know it's a bitch of a drive, but that place ended up saving us $3000 on the '08 Accord compared to other dealerships in town. They're pretty good at negotiating prices cuz local dealers don't wanna budge at all.
Maybe it's best to call for a quote first...
You mentioned you wanted to lease the car, I don't know if I can give any insight on that at High River.

FreakinPrince
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I know the manager at the High River Toyota....same goes with High River Honda ..but i haven't been there for ages!!!

I am planning to go there in a few weeks to get my parent's Rav tuned up and whatnot

superboyazn
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Stupid guy at Calgary Honda probably didn't think you were going to buy and just testing driving for fun so he just wanted to get you out...

If he doesn't want your business, move on.

Any dealer can get your color and trim, it just takes time. So don't worry about that yet, unless you want it NOW.

Hard to bargain on a new car like the Accord, high demand, they don't need you, you don't need them. Sit down and talk numbers, such as, if I buy this car right now, what price am I looking at, DRIVE AWAY PRICE. Let them know your serious.

Mckenzie
04-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by superboyazn
Stupid guy at Calgary Honda probably didn't think you were going to buy and just testing driving for fun so he just wanted to get you out...

If he doesn't want your business, move on.

Any dealer can get your color and trim, it just takes time. So don't worry about that yet, unless you want it NOW.

Hard to bargain on a new car like the Accord, high demand, they don't need you, you don't need them. Sit down and talk numbers, such as, if I buy this car right now, what price am I looking at, DRIVE AWAY PRICE. Let them know your serious.

Well it is kind of a big deal for the model / trim /color as Nissan was able to get me what I did NOT want in 3 weeks but could not even find what I wanted anywhere in western Canada and pretty much told me to order it in would be like July. I guess waiting 3 weeks or 3 months is something that will make me decide on where to buy as well...that is why I did not trust him.

Not to mention the douche tried to sell me a 4 cylinder automatic after we had just talked about the V6 6 speed for the past 45 mins becuase it was available "today" on their lot to drive home immediately.:whipped:

ghostlyport
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
check your pm

Mckenzie
04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Well I have to say thanks to Sorath for hooking me up at TT Honda with my 2008 Accord Coupe. He was super nice, not pushy and actually listened to what I said, which was nice to see. It was a gorgeous car too. (pics soon :D)

I have nothing but good things to say about the professionalism and courtesy of the dealership. It was like night and day compared to Calgary Honda.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Highly recommended.

gpomp
04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
:thumbsup: sorath

Centerline
04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorath :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Proboscis
04-30-2008, 02:05 AM
no love for Honda West :(

rc2002
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Honda West has always been good to me. The parts guys are great - especially Jonathan. I've bought countless Honda and Acura parts through him.

I do most of my own work on my cars now so it's been a while since I've taken my car in for service. But the service advisors are great to deal with - friendly, honest, and knowledgable.

The former shop foreman, Alex, was very capable too. Even with all the aftermarket crap on my Prelude, he was able to diagnose problems quickly and his work was always top notch.

As for the sales side, I've had some good knowledgeable salesmen. But I've also had those that were too pushy and not all that knowledgeable.

Irae
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Honda West has been great to me also.

Only dealt with one salesman though, Keith Duckett.

No pressure, knowledgable, very honest.

Service side has been much better than Calgary Honda, High River Honda and Village Honda from experience.

:thumbsup:

Mckenzie
04-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I would give love to Honda West but its a little far from me so I never gave it a chance. My GF bought a civic from there though and she was pretty happy with them as far as I know.

Mr_ET
04-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda West was great to me when I bought my Fit there.

Jonathan is the man for anyone who needs OEM parts:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

01RedDX
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM

QuasarCav
04-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Do they still have good lease rates on the Si?

bigbadboss101
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Good stuff. The Accord coupe is definitely nice.

T&T is well visited. When I was there when I got my 03 TL people just kept coming in.

Impreza
04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
Honda West was great to me when I bought my Fit there.

Jonathan is the man for anyone who needs OEM parts:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:werd: He's a great guy that is always easy to deal with.

I hate Calgary Honda. I took my car for a service there once and they rotated my wheels on my car, which has a stock staggered setup!!

ecstasy_civic
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for Sorath, just bought an 08 Si tonight:D

Sran69
04-30-2008, 10:20 PM
i say meet Hank at Calgary Honda
hez helped us buy many carz
and alwayz had GREAT service even frum tha other people who work there

HiSpec
05-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
The former shop foreman, Alex, was very capable too. Even with all the aftermarket crap on my Prelude, he was able to diagnose problems quickly and his work was always top notch.

is it possible to ask for a specific shop technician to work on your car?

U4RIA
05-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Well I have to say thanks to Sorath for hooking me up at TT Honda with my 2008 Accord Coupe. He was super nice, not pushy and actually listened to what I said, which was nice to see. It was a gorgeous car too. (pics soon :D)

I have nothing but good things to say about the professionalism and courtesy of the dealership. It was like night and day compared to Calgary Honda.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Highly recommended.

Pics? I love the new Accord coupe. So damn sexy.... If yours is black or white that's :bigpimp:

Mckenzie
05-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by U4RIA

Pics? I love the new Accord coupe. So damn sexy.... If yours is black or white that's :bigpimp:

Sorry I had to go blue :angel: I'll take some pics when I take the filthy pig to the car wash- snow and rain is not helping its general sexiness. I did get the windows tinted and the aerokit though...that aerokit makes such a difference. :bigpimp:

Aleks
05-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Do they still have good lease rates on the Si?

Not as good as it was. Earlier in the year it was 1.5% now it's at 2.9%

gpomp
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Not as good as it was. Earlier in the year it was 1.5% now it's at 2.9% they lowered the residuals as well. that means higher payments.

Mckenzie
05-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Here are some pics I snapped today quickly in the parking lot. The camera is fine but I suck so sorry for the overall amateur look, but you get the idea. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0363-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0365.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0366.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0368.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0371.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0372.jpg

Destinova403
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
good looking car man! congrats :thumbsup:

Sorath
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
arent u glad u picked the one with the body kit? :D

HybridTheory
05-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Nice ride! Congrats :thumbsup:

Ashers
05-14-2008, 03:42 AM
I highly recommend Sorath. Honestly one of the best salesmen I've dealt with. No pressure, no hassle. He sat, listened to what we wanted. Gave us a price, gave us a deal, handed off the transaction to the finance lady. 3 hours to buy the Civic we wanted, at a great price. He also didn't throw in any gimmicks in the sale, which was great. Sorath also was very patient while my neighbors sister decided on which color she wanted (that was about 2 hours right there.)

Sorath, if I could get insurance under 2.5 grand or even 3 grand for a new car, I'd be there getting a new Civic too.

Also Carlos loves his new Civic. I've already reprogrammed the door locks (He won't read the manual)

Mckenzie
05-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
arent u glad u picked the one with the body kit? :D

Yeah I defenitely am. :D

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

icecreamvan
05-14-2008, 09:27 AM
McKenzie must have a babyface. ;)

Sorath
05-14-2008, 10:50 AM
thanks for all the support guys

autumn03
06-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi....

I'm looking to buy a Honda Civic.......how do I go about getting in touch with Sorath? I called the dealership and they said there was no Sorath working there....

badatusrnames
06-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by autumn03
Hi....

I'm looking to buy a Honda Civic.......how do I go about getting in touch with Sorath? I called the dealership and they said there was no Sorath working there....

:rofl: :rofl:

I hope that's a joke...

Click this link instead:

http://forums.beyond.ca/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=19972

Sorath
06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
haha, just to clear up the misunderstanding my name is Kasem Farm (kaysome) so if u call the dealership looking for sorath only a select few in the dealership know who i am.

sent u a pm autumn03

badatusrnames
06-23-2008, 09:15 PM
^^ I wonder if they thought your last name was pedophile...

2002civic
06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by autumn03
Hi....

haha this is why 08's get no love:rofl:

Mckenzie
06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic

haha this is why 08's get no love:rofl:

Hey I almost did the same thing until he PM'd me with his name. :angel:

Tomaz
06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
seems like your a popular guy Kasem, i mean sorath, i mean pedofile...

Kasem is an outstanding guy! Recommend him to anyone!

autumn03
06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
haha thanks guys got it:)...

Skyline_Addict
06-24-2008, 09:09 PM
congrats! kasem said he would get me a deal if i brought him some little boys! great guy! ;)

Seanith
06-24-2008, 10:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mckenzie
Here are some pics I snapped today quickly in the parking lot. The camera is fine but I suck so sorry for the overall amateur look, but you get the idea. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0363-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0365.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0366.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0368.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0371.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/IMG_0372.jpg

HAHA you bastard, you got the EXACT same car as me :D
Same color, same trim, aero kit etc. LOL you have a fine taste in cars ;)

What tint percentages did you get? I'm getting mine done in a week. Thanks! Enjoy the ride.

TaiChino
06-25-2008, 01:25 AM
i have never dealt personally but i hear nothing but good things about t and t.

Mckenzie
06-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

HAHA you bastard, you got the EXACT same car as me :D
Same color, same trim, aero kit etc. LOL you have a fine taste in cars ;)

What tint percentages did you get? I'm getting mine done in a week. Thanks! Enjoy the ride.

:angel: I'm still a little kid inside and will die for the color blue in anything. The aerokit I had no choice of but the 6 speed EX-L was a no brainer. These cars are incredible (blows my G35 out of the water for build quality and overall finish and fun to drive, less the exhaust sound).

I got the 20% all around and it is DARK....already got one ticket but whatever....tint is totally worth the investment. Be mindful that the back window will cause problems likely at the top around the dot matrix- the tint has a really tough time sticking to it (all the bubbles). I ended up getting a peice of vinyl there instead and it looks a bit better.

Good luck!

Seanith
06-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Wow yeah, 20% is dark man. I was thinking 35% in the front and 25-28% in the rear.... we should get together and take some pictures of the dopplegangers lol. Spy vs Spy style!

Any other plans for it? I'm considering getting the HFP lowering kit then some 19s next year or something... i gotta keep this thing stock for a while though, i've almost forgot what a stock car drives like. I think it could definitely use stiffer springs. It doesn't hold a candle to the civic when it comes to high speed handling... yet :devil:

Mckenzie
06-25-2008, 08:42 AM
^Yeah send me a message when you get 'er done. And in retrospect I should have gone 35% all around but oh well

rc2002
06-25-2008, 10:26 AM
While this thread is still open I just thought I'd share about my experience with the T&T service department.

I was looking for a place to do my last minute alignment and all the Honda (and Acura) dealerships in Calgary told me they were booking into next week with no exceptions.

I called T&T Honda and they managed to squeeze me in within the hour. I showed up and my car went right onto the alignment rack - I was out within a half hour. This was pretty close to closing time too as I didn't make it there until 3:00pm.

mattchatwin
07-19-2008, 12:45 AM
I used to deal with Calgary Honda becuase they are close to me but I don't like any of the sales guys there now, and

the service dept sucks. I bought My 08 Accord Coupe from Asif at High River Honda (now Okotoks Honda). They have

the coolest new facility in Okotos. One of the nicest dealerships I've been too. Really good service and very

competitive. Talk to Asif and let him know I sent you and he'll appreciate the referal, maybe give you a better

deal too. Here's some pics of the ride:

http://members.shaw.ca/mattchatwin/images/2008%20Accord%20Coupe/DSC00220.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/mattchatwin/images/2008%20Accord%20Coupe/DSC00232.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/mattchatwin/images/2008%20Accord%20Coupe/DSC00208.jpg [IMG]

The Rims and Wheels I got at Urban Expressions from Bob Blakeborough (remember the days of CMS?). Awesome guy and

great connections for good deals. Check him out:

Bob
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary Alberta, T2E 6L5
[email protected]
403-769-1771

jdmSiR
07-19-2008, 01:47 AM
+1, my good friend works as a tech there, and he tells me the horror stories of the service department

Originally posted by Azn_Rice_Man
There's also Crowfoot Village Honda up in the NW. Price-wise, they're fair, but I would stay clear of their service department.

us722
07-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Just dealt with Kasom not even two days ago. Feels more like a helper than a salesman! I would recommend him to anyone I know

Thanks Sorath!

bignerd
07-19-2008, 01:19 PM
We deal with Honda West, I can't be bothered to waste my time at Crowfoot Honda anymore and they didn't even try to match a better price I found elsewhere, only giving excuses why their prices were higher instead. T&T also could not match the price. I did a lot of research and contacted many many dealerships before buying my most recent Honda and Honda West was the best price I found. Red Deer Honda was the second best.

danny.ta
07-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Does anyone else have a bad tint job in the upper area of the rear window when done at factory? it's kind of like air bubbles and i see it on every new Honda i see.

Seanith
07-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by danny.ta
Does anyone else have a bad tint job in the upper area of the rear window when done at factory? it's kind of like air bubbles and i see it on every new Honda i see.

My 2008 Accord Coupe has that shit. wtf is up with that?

afrotl
07-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Had to add my 2 cents in as well I have been meaning to but always get distracted ...but I went to T and T last year to get my wife a Honda Civic and Sorath was able to get us a nice Civic that withing our price range as promised thanks man. Now I hope you can get me a nice Light SUV so that I can trade in my 01 EL Premuim. remember it has only 96 XXX k on it. :thumbsup:

Mckenzie
07-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by danny.ta

Originally posted by Seanith

My 2008 Accord Coupe has that shit. wtf is up with that?

See my thread on that issue....nothing can be done. I got a peice of black vinyl up there and it looks a little better....kinda crappy though.:dunno:

Seanith
07-20-2008, 08:11 PM

See my thread on that issue....nothing can be done. I got a peice of black vinyl up there and it looks a little better....kinda crappy though.:dunno:

I might just use permanent marker on the spots that are lighter... i'll see if that does anything :dunno:

gpomp
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
did you guys get the auto or the manual?

Mckenzie
07-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Manual for me- nicest manual I have ever driven hands down (compared to G35, IS300 and legend 6 spd).

Skyline_Addict
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
kasem's the man! :P

gpomp
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Manual for me- nicest manual I have ever driven hands down (compared to G35, IS300 and legend 6 spd). not to be an ass but 2 out of the 3 there (G and IS) are some of the worst manual transmissions known to man... what's the availability like for the 6 speed?

Mckenzie
07-21-2008, 11:02 AM
not to be an ass but 2 out of the 3 there (G and IS) are some of the worst manual transmissions known to man... what's the availability like for the 6 speed?

Well either way the transmission is butter smooth. Those are the cars I have owned but have driven many manuals (RSX / TSX, Altima coupe / sedan, 330CI, SVT Cobra, Rx-8, etc) and it kills them all.

Availibility I'm not sure about but I had a tough time finding the color I wanted so that will probably be your biggest hurdle but they are out there.

bashir26
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
_wrx_ works at honda west. I've done business with him numerous times. I suggest if you want something from honda do it through him.

Seanith
07-21-2008, 07:18 PM
did you guys get the auto or the manual?

Auto will never be an option for me lol

SilverRex
07-21-2008, 07:25 PM
nice pics taken,

what camera did u use for those shots?

7thgenvic
07-21-2008, 07:27 PM
go down the USA!

mattchatwin
07-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex
nice pics taken,

what camera did u use for those shots?

Just an old Sony H1. Not a bad camera, but getting outdated.

mattchatwin
07-22-2008, 09:56 AM
My take on the transmition is that the inline 4 has an excellent transmission! My freiend has the 4 banger and it is fun to drive (reminds me of my civic). My V6 Accord Coupe however, leaves something to be desired. When you push the car it shifts really rough (I think), especially in the lower gears. I can't wait for a clutch system for this car (oh, and a short shifter!). Anyone else have the same issues. And by the way, my car does not fall under the recall for the bad gear/cluth issue for 1st and 2nd gear.

Impreza
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Those big Accord Coupes are BEGGING for a slight drop and 19" wheels like Work Varianza T1S :bigpimp:

Mckenzie
07-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Those big Accord Coupes are BEGGING for a slight drop and 19" wheels like Work Varianza T1S :bigpimp:

:werd:

When I burn the OEM tires out those wheels become winters and drop / 19s come on (I like work too :D).

What are the transmission issues?

I have no problems or complaints with rough shifting at all. Is yours an auto?

B_Tran
07-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks to Sorath at T&T...did the paper work Thursday night and delivery Saturday afternoon.

The girlfriend loves the car...thanks for all the help (sorry I had to run out of there so quick).