PDA

View Full Version : Accident on Old Banff Coach Road... Racing!

izzoblitzo
08-12-2003, 09:30 PM
I just got back from visitin some showhomes up in Cougar Ridge.. and on the way back, these two old cars were swirving and bouncing through traffic.. Old Banff is a pretty straight road, two lanes coming into the city from Cougar Ridge.. an older generation (I think like, 88 or 89) cuts off the guy in the next lane, and pedal to the metal right past me (I'd estimate he was going about 90-95 on a road listed for 60). Then comes his buddies (two teenaged girls.. prolly like 20ish) in a white geo or paseo or something, trying to do the same thing, swirves from behind my vehicle, cuts off the hyundai in the next lane. She loses control, smashes into a deep curb, hops onto the sidewalk, hits a light pole, and spins into a retaining wall (attached to a house). The two girls had to be taken away on stretchers.. the car looked really old.. but the air bags didnt deply, even though it was smashed in rough shape. They are screwed because all the witnesses saw them racing. The pole coulda split the car in half it they hit dead on.

Pretty crazy, because all these people started to gather.. it was really loud.. Its a good thing it happened there, because about 200 yards away, woulda been a playground, full of kids.
The driver of the civic was a lebonese guy wearing a wife beater, and actin like he was :bigpimp: while filling out the incident report.. Im suprised, because after the accident, the dude pulled a U-turn, and went back.. with all those witnesses, he's screwed too. The cops were checkin out his car afterwards.. searching for something.:dunno:

3G
08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

The driver of the civic was a lebonese guy wearing a wife beater

Wat the hell is that??

EG STyLeZ
08-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

Wat the hell is that??

what the hell is what?

izzoblitzo
08-12-2003, 10:31 PM
exactly, the guy driving the civic, happened to be lebonese (Im pretty sure of that.. went to a school that had a majority). Coincidence, maybe.. and theres nothing racial tensions implied at all. It just so happens that this guy was involved in an accident, whether directly, or indirectly, but in the end, comes back to the scene, with a possibility of getting caught (there were alotta witnesses) but still actin all hardcore about it. Im pretty sure he'll fill out the incident report without acknowleding what they were doing, whether they knew each other or not.. maybe for insurance purposes I dont know.. but Im pretty sure the witnesses filling out their forms wont be filling it out the same way..

TegLover
08-12-2003, 10:38 PM
haha you don't know what a wife beater is LOL

its those trashy sleeveless tops that guys wear...you know the shrits with no sleeves that rednecks wear while working on their trucks and having they beer belly hanging out of...hope you know now

Khyron
08-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Dude - he was WEARING a wife beater - its a muscle shirt. :rofl:

And I think anyone describing the driver would have been "And this big fat white kid got out" or maybe "the shortest black kid I ever seen" or maybe "this crazy asian wearing a purple leisure suit got out".

I mean, its a story - descriptive narratives are good, not racial.

Khyron

cocoabrova
08-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Great story, but you could've done without the racial generalization:thumbsdow You could've said, "The driver of the civic was wearing a wife beater, and actin like he was :bigpimp: while filling out the incident report.."
BTW: Lebanese<---correct spelling:thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
08-12-2003, 11:30 PM
hmm.. good points well taken :)

but its true though.. depends on the person, depends on the situation. These days in ages, people will pick you apart.. especially when everything on a forum is down in writing. Like, if you saw micheal jordan on the street, but didnt know his name or anything, only that he was famous somehow.. for something.. how would you describe him to your friends? well, you didnt know he played ball.. you coulda just said he was tall, or that he had a bald head... but that he was also 'black' doesnt pop into anyone's head? Like, its not like Im bashing the guy or anything, it just so happened thats what he looked like. And Im describing what I saw, a lebanese guy, wearing a wife beater (or undershirt, whatever) who happened to be actin pimp after an accident. I didnt say anything like, he was a grungy stinky man with a temper.. I didnt 'see' any of that. If he was a black guy that looked like LLCOOLJ, I'd sure as hell say that!! Just a description, nothing else. And being asian, a visable minority, I know what its like when people use your race as the first description.. but thats because besides the person's sex, color is the next obvious thing we see.

cocoabrova
08-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Dude - he was WEARING a wife beater - its a muscle shirt. :rofl:

And I think anyone describing the driver would have been "And this big fat white kid got out" or maybe "the shortest black kid I ever seen" or maybe "this crazy asian wearing a purple leisure suit got out".

I mean, its a story - descriptive narratives are good, not racial.

Khyron Yeah, I accidentally erased "wearing" I know what a wifebeater is:rolleyes:
I know it's a story, maybe YOU use racial generalizations, I mean desriptions, in your stories, but one wasn't needed in this case, was it?? The plot of the story is a major accident taking place while street racing.....Or maybe it's what the drivers of the vehicles involved looked like:rolleyes:

Ichigo
08-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Looks like another case of.... TERMINAL UNDERSTEER
:thumbsup:

Khyron
08-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Well then by your reasoning we shouldn't mention if the driver was male or female - that would be ...what? Generalizing based on gender? Oh and we better not mention how old the driver was (he was 70+ or he looked about 12) - that's ageism.

So the PC version would be:

I just got back from visitin some showhomes up in "Older-ladies who like young boys" Ridge.. and on the way back, these two vehicles were swerving and bouncing through traffic.. Old Banff is a pretty straight road, two lanes coming into the city from Cougar Ridge.. an older generation (I think like, 88 or 89) cuts off the person in the next lane, and pedal to the metal right past me (I'd estimate that driver was going about 90-95 on a road listed for 60). Then comes the drivers buddies (two humans.. prolly like 5-95ish) in a white geo or paseo or something, trying to do the same thing, swirves from behind my vehicle, cuts off the hyundai in the next lane. Driver loses control, smashes into a deep curb, hops onto the sidewalk, hits a light pole, and spins into a retaining wall (attached to a house). The two people had to be taken away on stretchers.. the car looked really old.. but the air bags didnt deply, even though it was smashed in rough shape. They are screwed because all the witnesses saw them racing. The pole coulda split the car in half it they hit dead on.

Pretty crazy, because all these people started to gather.. it was really loud.. Its a good thing it happened there, because about 200 yards away, woulda been a playground, full of people who attend school.

The driver of the civic was wearing a wife beater, and actin like he was a proprieter of hoes, while filling out the incident report.. Im suprised, because after the accident, the driver pulled a U-turn, and went back.. with all those witnesses, that person's screwed too. The cops were checkin out the car afterwards.. searching for something.

Happy?

Khyron

unibrain
08-13-2003, 12:02 AM
*L* khyron the funny guy.. hahaha... :)

I saw that on the way home. looked pretty nasty. and yes, I slowed down enough to see the 'lebanese' guy filing papers on the hood of his car. I think he's in alot of crap, because the the cops were pulling all kinds of stuff like a jacket and clothing outta his car. heh!

Its overgeneralization. just tried to describe a whole bunch. spur of the moment. I its a win/lose situation... his buddy crashes, so he goes back to make sure they're okay, but at the same time, the guy might get in crap with all those people that watched whatever happened.

Its one thing to point fingers and 'asume'.. but describing the accident scene, even when sometimes describing race with a description, although not necessary.. still describes the scene. I dont think thats wrong.

If a bank gets robbed, people will describe a man/woman of ____ decent.. because they are talking about the robbery suspect. But in this case, a person involved was a lebonese man in a wife beater and two girls in the car.

izzo, dont you just love it when people pick out everything you say!? :)

cocoabrova
08-13-2003, 12:05 AM
From the looks of your quoted post, I guess you must've spent some time editing his orig. post... Sorry I didn't actually read your superb editing job, I had to go and take a piss (my time was better spent THIS way I think). Ahh, there's no point trying to put up a defense, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, huh:rolleyes:

cocoabrova
08-13-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by unibrain
*L* khyron the funny guy.. hahaha... :)

I saw that on the way home. looked pretty nasty. and yes, I slowed down enough to see the 'lebanese' guy filing papers on the hood of his car. I think he's in alot of crap, because the the cops were pulling all kinds of stuff like a jacket and clothing outta his car. heh!

Its overgeneralization. just tried to describe a whole bunch. spur of the moment. I its a win/lose situation... his buddy crashes, so he goes back to make sure they're okay, but at the same time, the guy might get in crap with all those people that watched whatever happened.

Its one thing to point fingers and 'asume'.. but describing the accident scene, even when sometimes describing race with a description, although not necessary.. still describes the scene. I dont think thats wrong.

If a bank gets robbed, people will describe a man/woman of ____ decent.. because they are talking about the robbery suspect. But in this case, a person involved was a lebonese man in a wife beater and two girls in the car.

izzo, dont you just love it when people pick out everything you say!? :)
Thanks for the 411 on reporting a crime TJ Hooker:thumbsup:
Like I said ^ ^ ^ the racial desrcription was not necessary for THIS story.....That is all:thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
08-13-2003, 12:21 AM
hey! who you talkin bout TJ hooker :)

well, not necessary or not, its still just a description. If it was something like a public crime or something, I would expect like a barrage... if not a public onslaught of descriptions.

UB's a good comentator! you should see him at the meets. heh.

I shoulda just said skinny middleeasterner with hairy upper body and gelled hair. ;)

hehehe

unibrain
08-13-2003, 12:26 AM
TJ HOOKER?! whats that?! hahaha.

Oh yeah, I should do hockey games.

izzo, how you holdin up? bowtrail into downtown is being repaved.. all those potruding manholes, bumpy road surface + your new 18's and low pro tires.. ouch..

'drea told me she saw you treating the sewer lids as obsticles through traffic. heh

ryder_23
08-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Let me take a stab in the dark...

Silver civic...lowerd big time on the front, front lip, momo racing seat, yellow in color, lebanese guy barely see over steering wheel, carbon fiber gauges, stickers on side of companies ex: Tein.....

That sound right? If so, know the guy, not first time this has happened.

oh ya, btw, old banff coach road, if u keep driving out of the city turns into a very windy, turny road, a favorite for people in ferraris, bimmers, etc...

GTS Jeff
08-13-2003, 12:32 AM
new sig!

Weapon_R
08-13-2003, 01:09 AM
(Im pretty sure of that.. went to a school that had a majority).

Shit....you went to Forest Lawn High too? :rofl:

B17a
08-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
lebanese guy barely see over steering wheel

BTW, Khyron, great translation! :rofl: :rofl:

This thread is getting off topic and about to go further: I'm still trying to figure out how one can sit so low in a car (I've seen this guy before). I'm 6" tall so not exactly towering but no matter how far I recline the seat or slouch I can't get my head to steering wheel height. Do I need to be 5'3"? Or do I need a new technique? :dunno:

mwmhong
08-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Then comes his buddies (two teenaged girls.. prolly like 20ish) in a white geo or paseo or something, trying to do the same thing, swirves from behind my vehicle, cuts off the hyundai in the next lane. She loses control, smashes into a deep curb, hops onto the sidewalk, hits a light pole, and spins into a retaining wall (attached to a house). The two girls had to be taken away on stretchers.. the car looked really old.. but the air bags didnt deply, even though it was smashed in rough shape. They are screwed because all the witnesses saw them racing. The pole coulda split the car in half it they hit dead on.

FUCK :thumbsdow

Super_Geo
08-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Not everything needs to be as politcally correct as Oprah would want you to think.

He said it was a Lebanese guy, not a gook or a chink. Why are you so upset over it? If it guy was asian should he have said "the driver had a yellow-ish tinge to him"? No, just point out the race. It helps you visualize the story.

cocoabrova, had he said that the driver was a white guy, would you be pissed off at him for pointing out the race?

The accident couldn't have happened in a better way. No innocent people were hurt and the people driving like shit endangering the lives of others will have a record and/or some long lasting injuries to remember it by.

BigShow
08-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Not everything needs to be as politcally correct as Oprah would want you to think.

Well said! :thumbsup:

ryder_23
08-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by B17a

BTW, Khyron, great translation! :rofl: :rofl:

This thread is getting off topic and about to go further: I'm still trying to figure out how one can sit so low in a car (I've seen this guy before). I'm 6" tall so not exactly towering but no matter how far I recline the seat or slouch I can't get my head to steering wheel height. Do I need to be 5'3"? Or do I need a new technique? :dunno:

I know the guy if this is correct, just wanna see if i know the guy, so i was giving a description of him, is all.

cocoabrova
08-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
cocoabrova, had he said that the driver was a white guy, would you be pissed off at him for pointing out the race?
Hoy shit, I thought this was over with last night:rolleyes:
I'm NOT Lebanese BTW, if that's what you were implying.....To answer your question, it wasn't the fact that he mentioned he was Lebanese, it was the stereotype that was implied with being Lebanese. If I saw a car speeding through traffic and endangering the lives of the others around it, I would post a description of the car/plate. If I myself was to post an encounter like this, I WOULD NOT use racial descriptions, whether the driver(s) were Caucasian or Arab or Asian, and vice-versa. If someone was posting about an accident/incident I personally was involved in, I would hate to have my racial description included in the story-This would only add to the racial stereotyping that is going on already. If there wasn't a race type included, we'd be all agreeing on how stupid the driver's were, right? Oh well,
NOW I am done:rofl:

2M6
08-13-2003, 02:59 PM
I think this is the best part. LOL

two teenaged girls.. prolly like 20ish
:confused:

Wask
08-13-2003, 07:54 PM
Dont you know its only ok to mention race when the person is white!

3G
08-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by TegLover
haha you don't know what a wife beater is LOL

its those trashy sleeveless tops that guys wear...you know the shrits with no sleeves that rednecks wear while working on their trucks and having they beer belly hanging out of...hope you know now

i know what a wifebeater is, but he said the guy was "wearing a wife beater", i asked what THAT was..

and izzo it is "lebanese" not "lebonese"

dam_guy
08-13-2003, 08:52 PM

i know what a wifebeater is, but he said the guy was "wearing a wife beater", i asked what THAT was..

you make no sense?
a wife beater's a wife beater. what else is there to know?

3G
08-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by dam_guy

you make no sense?
a wife beater's a wife beater. what else is there to know?

how do i not make sense, he said the guy was "wearing a wife beater" not the guy looked like or was a wife beater.

szw
08-13-2003, 10:09 PM

You quoted a quote...read it again and try to understand. Maybe try sounding out the words if you don't get it!:thumbsup:

civicrider
08-14-2003, 01:29 AM
im pretty sure i know the guy in the civic, what color was it?

method
08-14-2003, 01:43 AM
Good. Maybe their fucktard friends will learn a lesson. Sooo many people drive like cocksuckers on old banff and it pisses me off.

ryder_23
08-14-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by civicrider
im pretty sure i know the guy in the civic, what color was it?

who u think it is? Maybe same person i think.

Super_Geo
08-14-2003, 04:29 PM
how do i not make sense, he said the guy was "wearing a wife beater" not the guy looked like or was a wife beater.

You don't make sense because you don't know what a wifebeater is. It's a piece of clothing... an undershirt.

So... naturally, you would wear this piece of clothing. If you're still confused, PM me and I'll draw you a couple of diagrams.

mwmhong
08-14-2003, 04:47 PM

This is a wife-beater (also known as a tank top):

http://www.babybazaar.com/xq/asp/dept_id.101/qx/assets/Product_Images/0101036_D.jpg

This is a guy wearing a wife-beater:

http://picturet.com/thumbs/AT.gif

Weapon_R
08-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Supergeo: Please be more specific for those who are learning impaired. Draw those diagrams! :rofl:

B17a
08-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

This is a wife-beater (also known as a tank top):

http://www.babybazaar.com/xq/asp/dept_id.101/qx/assets/Product_Images/0101036_D.jpg

This is a guy wearing a wife-beater:

http://picturet.com/thumbs/AT.gif

Further to this, wife beaters are often worn by

a) skinny men/boys of all ethnic backgrounds who like to look tough. Often seen in gyms massed together, strength in numbers. These sightings often are accompanied by gratuitous flexing of 8" arms in front of the mirror while commenting to each other how "big" they look.

b) fat slobs at hardware stores, typically of caucassian decent. Often these wife beaters are characterized by the various stains including but not limited to: motor oil, watermelon, bbq sauce, bodily fluids. Wearers of these types typically have what people may call "mullet" style haircuts.

c) lastly, 50 year old professionals, often accountants for some reason who wear them under their shortsleaved dress shirts with a tie. Or even long sleave, this is done to prevent embarassing persperation stains on said shirts.

3G
08-14-2003, 06:54 PM
lol nvm i was stoned yesterday, wasn't reading shit right..i thought they were calling the guy a wifebeater

MK3HKS
08-19-2003, 01:34 AM
lol nvm i was stoned yesterday, wasn't reading shit right..i thought they were calling the guy a wifebeater

good way to cover it up:rolleyes: :thumbsup: