PDA

View Full Version : Help! Shaw HD or Bell ExpressVu?

Hanzo
04-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Which is better if we factor in cost?

Bell has a 50% off on PVR deal right now. And it's cheapest package is only $32 a month for HD programming.

Shaw's cheapest HD package is $56 a month and that's with bundling.

I mean there must be a reason why people would even consider shaw over bell if the price difference was that great.

Thanks for your input!

blownz
04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I think the only real benefits to Shaw is you don't have to put an ugly dish on your house, deal with running extra wires, or worry about service problems during storms. Those are the reasons I am with Shaw instead of Bell.

mrjay1987
04-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Bell HD programming is actually, 32 for SD and another 10 for HD programming.

For each bundle after that is about 8 dollars a piece.

I know too much about bell :P

PS: if you have any other questions, pm me and I will most likely reply with an answer. If I don't know the answer, I can find out because I am gonna be at work anyways.

Kavy
04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I have shaw and I pay over 130 bux for my net and HD, and i OWN the tuners. I suggest going to bell I know once I move in July its the first thing I am doing.

ONS
04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah I have shaw HD, and the picture is great...but it is expensive, they just increased my package another $3 per month. I have full cable and the HD Plus package (all HD channels except movie channels) and it is $70/month.

Bell has more channels and isn't as expensive. As someone mentioned...if you don't mind the dish, wiring, etc. then its worth it. If you are a student or move around alot, shaw is easier to deal with.

rawsensation
04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by mrjay1987

PS: if you have any other questions, pm me and I will most likely reply with an answer. If I don't know the answer, I can find out because I am gonna be at work anyways.

Looking for a sale there jayson lol
But if you go with bell i suggest renting, more flexability

Redlyne_jr
04-09-2008, 12:09 AM
yikes, i have shaw doesn't clutter up the house with dishes and it is a direct signal so in bad weather i don't get any interference

Kaos
04-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Bell offers many HD channels but majority of them are just time shifted HD channels.
Bigger numbers aren't always better.
No contracts and free service calls..... etc....

JordanLotoski
04-09-2008, 12:32 AM
hands down bell...you can have upto 6 recievers on one accounbt so you can share an account with all your buddies..i pay 33 bucks a month for full cable!

RC-Cola
04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I second MIWYFSHOT, Bell hands down. I've had it for over three years and won't look back. I've many people over to watch hockey games, golf or whatever and they all said it looks better on Bell HD.

With the time shifting (which is mint as I don't need to stay up late to watch my favorite show) and PPV channels you will have 40-50 channels of HD.

I also only pay $67 a month (no movie channels).

I would agree that it's a little more of a pain to set up and it depends on how many HD TVs you'll be running in the house as well (you can only run two TV's on HD per dish that is watching seperate content).

As far as the arguement that there is always outages due to weather, in the three years I had it, only two times that I couldn't get a signal, both times the dish was down for less then an hour.

HyperZell
04-09-2008, 07:42 AM
You can do a search on this topic, as it's already been covered lots. I'll voice my opinion again though - Bell all the way. Better HD content, and even though there's a dish, I had a signal problem maybe twice in three years. No big deal.

JordanLotoski
04-09-2008, 07:44 AM
why dont a bunch of you on beyond here that have bell offer to share your accounts with others, and just get their portion paid in full up front...its so easy

Hanzo
04-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Do I get a discount if say the previous owner of my house left their Bell dish still mounted on the roof??

Ed the SOHC
04-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
why dont a bunch of you on beyond here that have bell offer to share your accounts with others, and just get their portion paid in full up front...its so easy

So one person owns the account but 6 people in total share 6 dishes and the cost? That's not bad except when some one order PPV.

md14
04-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Bell all the way!

and so far I dont think i've had one distrubance in the signal due to weather or anything