PDA

View Full Version : Cost of damage in condo property

SilverRex
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Curious if anyone know how much it would cost me if I had put a hole in a wall of a rental property by accident?

The hole is about 3" by 3" on a wall in a 530 sqf 1 bedroom condo.

Would it cost me an arm and leg if I was to report it to my landlord (which is an management company) and have them fix it? if so what standard cost am I to expect?

I hear someone instructed me to just patch up the hole but not to paint in case the landlord complains of a paint mismatch where more cost will be thrown in to redo the job.

Why cant it be made of concrete

:banghead:

fullie_dialed
04-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Maybe you shouldn't :banghead: if you don't want holes in the wall.

Destinova403
04-08-2008, 02:28 PM
does it say anything in your rental contract about repairs?

89coupe
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
Curious if anyone know how much it would cost me if I had put a hole in a wall of a rental property by accident?

The hole is about 3" by 3" on a wall in a 530 sqf 1 bedroom condo.

Would it cost me an arm and leg if I was to report it to my landlord (which is an management company) and have them fix it? if so what standard cost am I to expect?

I hear someone instructed me to just patch up the hole but not to paint in case the landlord complains of a paint mismatch where more cost will be thrown in to redo the job.

Why cant it be made of concrete

:banghead:

Just fix it yourself. Its not exactly difficult to do. Take a chunk of the paint to Home Depot and they will color match it. Good as new.

SilverRex
04-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Just fix it yourself. Its not exactly difficult to do. Take a paint a chunk of the paint to Home Depot and they will color match it. Good as new.

good idea

in the mean time I'll look up their policy when it comes to repair.

thanks

FilthyMcNasty
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
its simple.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4150_patch-hole-drywall.html

and yeah just hit up home depot with a chunk of paint to color match and get a half gallon.

Donmega
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Do it yourself. less hassles with the Landlord. Just like 89oupe said most places will color match for you with a chunk of the paint in hand.

89coupe
04-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

good idea

in the mean time I'll look up their policy when it comes to repair.

thanks

Don't even tell them. If you repair it properly they won't even know.

TomcoPDR
04-08-2008, 02:50 PM

Just fix it yourself. Its not exactly difficult to do. Take a chunk of the paint to Home Depot and they will color match it. Good as new.

When you cut out the excess drywall from the wall, just take that piece to paint match... and Home Depot has 4' x 4' "end pieces" for only $4.00 so you don't have to buy a full 4' by 8' or 4 by 12.

Edit: oh you said 3 INCHES (not 3 feet)... in that case, I'm sure you can just ask one of those guys walking around if you can grab a little scrap piece. and DIY, less hassle

2002civic
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Don't even tell them. If you repair it properly they won't even know.
exactly, and unless their anal a half ass job should get by too

hedge
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
You can buy a kit at home dept for fixing holes that I think will fix one that big. It comes with everything to fix the hole.

edit: reread it, have you already put the hole in the wall? How do you plan to make the hole accidentally?