PDA

View Full Version : Question about Advanced Road Test (NW Country Hills)

nobb
04-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm doing my advanced road test this thursday at the registry office in the NW (by the hamptons superstore). I'm pretty familiar with the rules and I took drivers ed, so I know how anal the examiners can be. But I just have a quick question about uncontrolled intersections. Thats my weak point.

2 yrs ago I failed the first basic road test because the examiner did not feel like I slowed down enough at the intersection. So this time I am going to be scanning every residential intersection for a sign (pain in the ass btw). The superstore parking lot is huge, but do they expect me to be yielding to the person on the right at every single lane inside the parking lot? Even when I am on the "main" lane of the parking lot? Seems kind of silly to me since no ones does it. I've yielded to the person on the right a few times and the other driver usually looks at me like I'm an idiot.

Also, if anyone knows which roads this particular registry will take me, that would be great too.

ralliart_girl
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by nobb
So this time I am going to be scanning every intersection for a sign (pain in the ass btw).

OKay...so you don't usually do this then??....u are in accident waiting to happen.....

nobb
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm talking about when you are on a main road and scanning for yield signs on each of the small roads that branch out from you. I'm pretty sure most people dont do that.

sneek
04-08-2008, 04:36 PM
:P you have to scan as well as cover the break. hahaha

dannie
04-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes, they will expect you to follow the guidelines 100%. If you are concerned about the lanes in the parking lot.... don't park in the parking lot. Park on the side street.

And yes, all of us scan. If you don't scan, you shouldn't be driving. It is like the other poster said.... accident waiting to happen.