PDA

View Full Version : DRIcore in basememt?

yobi5888
04-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Any one has experiences with these stuff? Are they worth the money?

Regarding installation, do you put the DRIcore first, then frame walls on top of it ? or the other way around? Do you use it in the bathroom?

Thanks

Heff
04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by yobi5888
Any one has experiences with these stuff?

I used a similar product in my basement...but in a single roll membrane form.

Are they worth the money?

They are a tad more expensive than just buying a roll of dimple membrane and sheets of OSB or Sheathing, but much easier for a DIY'er.

Regarding installation, do you put the DRIcore first, then frame walls on top of it ?

Partition Walls on top, structural load walls on concrete.

or the other way around?

See above.

Do you use it in the bathroom?

Depends on what you want to happen in the Bathroom. You can't tile on Dricore. You might be able to run linoleum on it though. It complicates the toilet flange, though so you'll want to think about the B-room before proceding.

Thanks

Try this:

http://www.mikeholmesfanforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13949&highlight=dricore

topmade
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Any one has experiences with these stuff?
I've installed this for hardwood flooring for someone in their basement. It did seem warmer then usually for a basement floor. Make sure to get yourself a big heavy hammer cause I had a 38oz hammer and litterally smashed to shit a few 2x4's. Also get a big metal puller thingy to be able to get them together at the walls.

Are they worth the money?
I don't know I didn't pay for them. They are more expensive then just buying underlay rolls that's for sure.

Regarding installation, do you put the DRIcore first, then frame walls on top of it ? or the other way around?
Do your framing first to the cement and NOT on the DRIcore floor.

Do you use it in the bathroom? IMHO I wouldn't and didn't. But I guess you can put down the DRIcore then add another subfloor and do it that way.

Thanks

canuckcarguy
04-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I used it in a basement office. Seems okay, but it was a pain in the ass to install, way more work that just a dimple membrane and full 4-8 sheets, in my opinion. It seems warmer, but I'm not sure it was worth the extra $2 per square foot or so that it cost, plus the additional labour.

I only decided on it after the walls were up, but partitions can go on top, which would probably make installation a bit faster / easier. I wouldn't bother with it in a bathroom, if you're tiling it, use Ditra.