PDA

View Full Version : Eat for YOUR blood type!

Darkane
04-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Check out this awesome piece of information. My brother just got tested, and Although there is a chance we're not the same our eating habits are exactly the same. Also from trial and error I've determined that I'm type O and don't do well on carbs. It's absolutely true!

http://www.runtheplanet.com/trainingracing/nutrition/bloodtype.asp

I'm getting tested in May and will update to confirm. Everyone interested in health and nutrition should check this out!

Based on this, I think I might take some Kelp supplements and see how it does. My thyroid is "sluggish" naturally.

cityhunter2501
04-09-2008, 06:32 PM
good find and interesting read as well, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

so tempted to get my blood tested to see what type I am

Tik-Tok
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Type AB - they listed EVERYTHING I enjoy, f that.

Darkane
04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Type AB - they listed EVERYTHING I enjoy, f that.

Lol, yeah, take it with a grain of salt. Lots of it makes sense however. I know I can handle yogurt/milk a lot better than my brother. Whey doesn't bother me to to much. Although some "bloatation" occurs :D

GTS Jeff
04-10-2008, 02:48 AM
My bullshit detector is ringing. It's about 100000000000000x more likely that the difference between you and your brother has to do with your degree of lactose intolerance.

turbotrip
04-10-2008, 03:26 AM
by reading the descriptions i guessed that Im an O type, and after checking I am, so I doubt this is bullshit

abyss
04-10-2008, 09:12 AM
My blood type is A and that chart is BS, I have no problems with animal protein. I LOVE milk and cheese and pretty well every single thing on the "foods to avoid" list. I also have absolutely no digestive issues. :thumbsdow

GQBalla
04-10-2008, 09:16 AM
i was told i was type b when i was a kid from my mom and reading this i think its bullshit the only part thats true is that i can digest anything

Weapon_R
04-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Nice generalizations:rolleyes:

Nothing even close

Darkane
04-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
My bullshit detector is ringing. It's about 100000000000000x more likely that the difference between you and your brother has to do with your degree of lactose intolerance.

Of course that would be the reason. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here Jeff, hence I said take it with a grain of salt lol.

badatusrnames
04-12-2008, 06:37 PM
What the hell do binding factors on your red blood cells - of which the function of these cells are to convey oxygen around the body - have to do with your gastro-intestinal system?

This is more pseudo-scientific bullshit - like how holding powerful magnets to my head and drinking water that has had an electrical current passed through it is going to magically dissolve my brain tumor :nut:

The sad thing is that people fall for this stuff and make the people that are smart enough to create, propagate and successfully sell this bullshit rich. I know people are sensitive about their health and are willing to do/believe anything if it means they might be healthier, but please, lets use a little common sense.

Snake oil sales for the 21st century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-type-diet/AN01415
http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/NegativeBR/d'adamo.html

The blood type diet is a diet advocated by Peter D'Adamo and outlined in his book Eat Right 4 Your Type. Its basic premise is that ABO blood type is the most important factor in determining a healthy diet. The diet is widely derided by dieticians, physicians, and nutritional scientists as having no scientific basis

Rat Fink
04-12-2008, 07:39 PM

GTS Jeff
04-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Of course that would be the reason. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here Jeff, hence I said take it with a grain of salt lol. I'm just here to call you out for being a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, seriously, I just think the article is bullshit. :D

Toma
04-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Load of shit.

There is no science to back this up..... not to mention it is completely wrong for me and a few people whos eating habits I know.

Plus, it makes no sense why Your ABO blood antigen WOULD matter what so ever.

And the idiot pedaling this CRAP is not a doctor (MD), or a PhD, but a ND.... yep... a whack job.

Not to mention he does not knwo SHIT with his errors in anthropology....

meh....

Toma
04-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
What the hell do binding factors on your red blood cells - of which the function of these cells are to convey oxygen around the body - have to do with your gastro-intestinal system?

Snake oil sales for the 21st century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-type-diet/AN01415
http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/NegativeBR/d'adamo.html

Hahahha... should have read the entire thread before posting lmao.

Right from the MAYO clinic in your link two for those that still "believe". :nut:

Darkane
04-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I'm just here to call you out for being a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, seriously, I just think the article is bullshit. :D

Yeah. I'd agree it's not conclusive, however I know I get fucking bloated when I eat a can of beans lol. Don't even wanna know about the gas :D

lelalong
04-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Only Type B can eat Bacon.....not fair! There should be a diet that you can only eat foods that begin with the letter of your blood type.

Type A - apples, ass, artichokes....I'm at a loss what else starts with A....

sdiep
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Interesting find.

I don't know if it is true though.

97'Scort
05-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Other foods to avoid

Meat: bacon; goose; ham; pork. Seafood: barracuda, catfish, caviar, conch, herring (pickled), lox (smoked salmon), octopus.
Cheeses & Dairy: American cheese, blue cheese, brie, buttermilk, Camembert, casein, cheddar cheese, colby, cottage cheese, cream cheese, edam, emmenthal, goat milk, gouda, gruyere, ice cream, Jarlsburg; kefir, Monterey Jack, munster, parmesan, provolone, Neufchatel, ricotta, skim or 2% milk, string cheese, Swiss cheese, whey, whole milk, yogurt, all varieties.
Oils: corn, cottonseed, peanut, safflower;
Nuts & Seeds: brazil nuts, cashew, litchi, peanuts, peanut butter, pistachios, poppy seeds.
Beans & Legumes: copper, kidney, navy, tamarind, lentils (domestic, green & red).
Cereals: cornflakes, cornmeal, cream of wheat, familia, farina, grape nuts, seven-grain, shredded wheat, wheat bran, wheat germ.
Grains & Pastas: bulgur wheat flour, couscous flour, durum wheat flour, gluten flour, graham flour, soba noodles, semolina pasta, spinach pasta, sprouted wheat flour, white flour, whole wheat flour.
Vegetables: avocado, cabbage (Chinese, red, white), cauliflower, white & yellow corn, eggplant, domestic & Shiitake mushrooms, mustard greens, olives (black, Greek, Spanish), potatoes (red & white), alfalfa sprouts, brussel sprouts;
Fruits: blackberries, coconuts, melon (cantaloupe & honeydew), oranges, plantains, rhubarb, strawberries, tangerines;
Juices: apple, apple cider, cabbage, orange.
Spices: capers, cinnamon, cornstarch, corn syrup, nutmeg, black & white pepper, vanilla, vinegar (apple cider, balsamic, red & white wine).
Condiments: ketchup, mayonnaise, pickles (kosher, dill, sweet & sweet pickle relish).
Herbal Teas: alfalfa, aloe, burdock, coltsfoot, corn silk, echinacea, gentian, goldenseal, red clover, rhubarb, Saint-John's Wort, senna, shepherd's purse, strawberry leaf, yellow dock.
Beverages: coffee (regular & decaf), distilled liquor, all sodas, black teas.

How the fuck am I supposed to eat if I can't have BACON?!