PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket

2k3sonataglx
08-13-2003, 10:14 AM
I got a speeding the other day and was just about to fax it over to Points ... when I noticed that my First name was spelled wrong. I this enough to get the ticket dropped ? Have any of you had similar experiences ? As it stands now the ticket is made out someone (not me) that lives at my address. Specifically the officer put an "S" on the end of my first name, for whatever reason I'm sure I don't know ... Thanks.

calarina
08-13-2003, 11:22 AM
As far as I know, that makes the ticket invalid, but check anyway.

B17a
08-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Not sure, that might be iffy. I asked about something similar once, they didn't put my address correctly but the CP said no dice.

syeve
08-13-2003, 11:54 AM
if they have your licence number correct, they can simply re-issue the ticket...still worth trying though...

calarina
08-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Not sure, that might be iffy. I asked about something similar once, they didn't put my address correctly but the CP said no dice.

Address doesn't really matter, because it's not immediately critical information. A name is more important than an address.

Still don't know, worth a try. I didn't know they wrote down your drivers license number, but I haven't got a ticket from a cop yet, just a photo radar. knock on wood

2k3sonataglx
08-13-2003, 12:34 PM
They don't write down your driver's license number, I think he was referring to license plate ... which isn't on the ticket either ... :dunno:

atomic
08-13-2003, 12:47 PM
they write your drivers license # down . it _is_ recorded . they don't care about your name

2k3sonataglx
08-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah the police officer writes it down in his little book or whatever, but it is definately not on the ticket ...

2k3sonataglx
08-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Never mind I just talked to a JP and he says the ticket is still valid, despite the spelling mistake ... Points it is ... Thanks ;)

K271
08-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Funny, I got a parking ticket the other day down in Time Square, New York and it was raining like shit and I couldn't read anything on the ticket, not even the license plate number. I showed the cops and they couldn't make sense out of it as well and said it was invalid. Thank god for rain.

sxtasy
08-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by K271
Funny, I got a parking ticket the other day down in Time Square, New York and it was raining like shit and I couldn't read anything on the ticket, not even the license plate number. I showed the cops and they couldn't make sense out of it as well and said it was invalid. Thank god for rain.
that gives a good idea, im sure the parking authority doesnt keep track of rainy days