PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for Pete:

Pete92SL
08-04-2002, 11:56 PM
So I JUST got off of Deerfoot and was headed up towards the Airport. I go to hit the breaks and I hear a snap and my floor slams the ground. My breaks had no pressure and weren't working at all. Thank God for the handbrake!

Anyways AMA towed my car to the Saturn dealer...I hope the are open tomorrow.

In 11 years, this is the first time the Saturn was towed because it left us on the side of the road. It wasn't even for mechanical reason that it had to be towed. Saturns aren't so bad :)

Pete

kevie88
08-04-2002, 11:57 PM
Brake line or master cylinder? Glad to hear you got it stopped ok!

Ekliptix
08-04-2002, 11:58 PM
scary.
one time, i was driving and all of a sudden I had very little power. I was really scared, but then I remembered that it was just like that all the time. phew.

Pete92SL
08-04-2002, 11:58 PM
I think it is a cable because I hit the brakes and you can hear it squirt out and there were no leaks from the master.

I'm just counting my blessing that it didn't happen on deerfoot or with a whole bunch of my friends in the car.

Pete

Shoobs
08-05-2002, 12:04 AM
scary dude,but good to hear your alright:thumbsup:

legendboy
08-05-2002, 08:14 AM
Should a bought a *cough* honda *cough*...:)

Pete92SL
08-05-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Should a bought a *cough* honda *cough*...:)

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that :) Did you get that private message I sent you?

I actually really love my Saturn though.

Evan
08-05-2002, 11:20 AM
See what happens when you take off an Aluminum Spoiler? :rofl:

I think someone deleted my post before, or I imagined I posted this comment. :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Evan

I think someone deleted my post before, or I imagined I posted this comment. :thumbsup:
glad to hear you're ok dude..shoudl have driven the car instead of having it towed..you could have worked on your heal/toe hand brake drift skillz yO!:thumbsup:

Pete92SL
08-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Evan

I was so glad the spoiler wasn't on. It would have looked so stupid while being towed! lol

LOL Redlyne!

Pete

BarryBeach
08-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL
So I JUST got off of Deerfoot and was headed up towards the Airport. I go to hit the breaks and I hear a snap and my floor slams the ground. My breaks had no pressure and weren't working at all. Thank God for the handbrake!

Anyways AMA towed my car to the Saturn dealer...I hope the are open tomorrow.

In 11 years, this is the first time the Saturn was towed because it left us on the side of the road. It wasn't even for mechanical reason that it had to be towed. Saturns aren't so bad :)

Pete

Good to hear you ok man ... but in reference to Saturn's ... i think I'm a little Biast ... i have the Biggest POS saturn there was ... first year of LS2 (2000) the only thing that made it bearable was the fact it was a 15 Second STOCK saturn :D

4wheeldrift
08-05-2002, 08:58 PM
There is no sight more demoralizing than seeing your car towed off into the distance. Glad everything is copacetic. Might as well get some stainless lines installed while they have everything apart :)

RiceCake
08-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Ouch dood, glad to hear that everything went well with the saturn Pete, I once had a master cylinder fail on me when i was driving and damn that was pretty freaky already:eek:

Pete92SL
08-06-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by BarryBeach

Good to hear you ok man ... but in reference to Saturn's ... i think I'm a little Biast ... i have the Biggest POS saturn there was ... first year of LS2 (2000) the only thing that made it bearable was the fact it was a 15 Second STOCK saturn :D

Dude! your not supposed to by any first year model Saturn. They always suck. The perfect it the second year always.

Case: 91 S series had really bad lower engine mounts. In 92 they fixed that with something like 160 more improvements.

Don't by the VUE this year. Buy it next year kind of deal.

15 seconds heh? Did you have the v6 model?

Turns out that it was not the cylinder, it is a cable that has a hole in it.

geez! lol

Pete

BarryBeach
08-06-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Pete92SL

Dude! your not supposed to by any first year model Saturn. They always suck. The perfect it the second year always.

15 seconds heh? Did you have the v6 model?

Turns out that it was not the cylinder, it is a cable that has a hole in it.

geez! lol

Pete

I know i'm not supposed to now ... lol ... and yeah it was the V6 ... pretty quick car ... and it was nice on the inside ... and outside ... just everything else sucked ... good stereo though:bigpimp:

sexualbanana
08-06-2002, 02:34 AM

and it was nice on the inside ... and outside ... just everything else sucked ... good stereo though:bigpimp:

dude, the chrome on ur door handles were chipping

James
08-07-2002, 04:10 AM

Well since you never actually took the car to the track, you cant say it was a 15 second car!:rolleyes: I couldnt go braggin that my car Passat was a 19 second car, I had to prove it!:rofl: