PDA

View Full Version : Out of Province inspection

Ormrod
04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey,

A girl I know just moved to Calgary from Ontario... she needs to get an out of province inspection done on her car before the end of the month for insurance reasons, but she has to some work to get done still... does anyone know any mechanics that would do an inspection that aren't really tight?

The place she went last told her she had to change her wipers, fix her midrange heater settings, get new struts, new brakes, new muffler, and a ton of other little things that were just retarded... so I told her I would ask around...

If you guys might know of someone, reply or send me a PM.

Thanks!

funkedelic
04-10-2008, 09:20 AM
try canadian tire i know people that had cars passed that shouldn't have even been close.

Prob a good idea if your friend fixes those issues if they are in fact telling the truth about the so called "needed repairs"
You have the right to view what you need to repair during the out of province inspection, which is what i would have done in this case.

climer
04-10-2008, 09:34 AM
PM Sent on a good guy.

Ormrod
04-10-2008, 09:39 AM
She is getting the work done that is needed... ie struts, brakes and muffler mount.... but the other repairs they stated as 'needed' were just crazy... wipers? I mean really, that is crazy. It's a 2000, so it's not like the car is a threat to others on the road... lol

Thanks for the info!

ExtraSlow
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I had a car fail an insurance inspection on wipers. it makes a huge difference where you go.

Rat Fink
04-10-2008, 10:21 AM

Ormrod
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
The thing is, the wipers work just fine as far as I could tell... I mean mine are probably worse... lol

And yes, because the second and third level of the heater did not work (low and high work just fine), that was a major problem... haha