PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG The Mars Volta....eff yeah...Then Coheed and Cambria

ekguy
04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
In may Mars Volta then 3 days later Coheed and Cambria. Best 90$ I ever spent can't wait who else is going to either.

Spoons
04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
MARS VOLTA?! OOOOOOOH
I must have tickets... must!

ekguy
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
50 bones for Mars Volta only 40 for Coheed and Cambria. Don't think Mars Volta will sell out in a city like Calgary though.

JRSC00LUDE
04-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Last time I saw them a more apt title would have been "The clusterfuck of clashing sound violations". Bar none the worst thing I've ever seen live in my life. :thumbsdow

ekguy
04-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Last time I saw them a more apt title would have been "The clusterfuck of clashing sound violations". Bar none the worst thing I've ever seen live in my life. :thumbsdow

ahhh so someone was at the chili peppers show I see hahahah for those of us that enjoy their music we enjoy the clusterfuck of random noise hahaha. but their new album is alot more controlled so should make for a great show.

JRSC00LUDE
04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
No, wasn't the peppers. Saw them a couple years ago, can't remember who they opened for though. :dunno: There's no question they can play, I just didn't get the arrangement that particular day. All that being said, I'll try anything twice. If it's not the norm, it'll show. Everyone has a bad day on stage.

rmk
04-11-2008, 07:25 PM
They opened for System of a Down. I thought they totally rocked... :D

ekguy
04-11-2008, 07:40 PM
yeah i can't wait. But what I'm really looking forward too is coheed and cambria.

Toms-SC
04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Bring back at the drive in

Spoons
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Bring back at the drive in

At The Drive In Was Sick! So many good tracks, but didn't really enjoy their earlier shit.

I love Mars Volta, their new shit is so much better. Amputechture is easily my favourite album of all time.

It's different music, and not everyone likes them. In all honestly I can see exactly why some people don't like them. It's really a love hate with them. You either absolutely love them, or absolutely hate them. The "Clusterfuck" of sounds is just their style.

DUBBED
04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Saw them with the Chili Peppers, and thought that show was good regardless of the sound issues. They're not made for big arena type venues like the dome, should be a good show in a smaller venue. Omar Rodriguez is fucking sick.

Definately will be going to this gig. :thumbsup:

ekguy
04-12-2008, 05:44 PM
yeah it's at MacHall. It should be sick.