PDA

View Full Version : gen 2.. vs gen 3

sh0ko
04-11-2008, 10:48 PM
soyah..got absolutley crap ass news today...didnt get accepted into an overseas university....5 mths of hope shot down to hell.. ugh...

however....this gives me an opportunity to throw in a new engine this summer instead of selling the car.. guess from some real dissapointing crap comes good news.....

so for all the gen 2ers and gen 3ers out there.. pros/cons of each?! how are they compared to each other....also how do they stack up to the gen 1's......im not gonna b doing any CRAZY power mods to this.. i try to keep my car as daily driver as possible so input is most appreciated

plz and thank u mr2ers :)

Ghettobaby
04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
stock vs stock, i would take the gen 3 hands down. Althought replacement factory parts are a little hard to get, it is a more efficent engine.

Built vs built, I would go gen 2, more aftermarket support states side (although the gen 3 is catchin on) and you can always get replacement parts locally.

I just recieved my gen2 stroker today, so I will let you know how that holds up.

Ek9Max
04-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Well you have a Gen2 in the car already..... so i wouldn' tbother getting another....

If you're looking for a bit more power and keeping it driving like stock, i'd just grab a ct20b turbo (turbo off a gen3 motor) bolt it on and have a blast!

sh0ko
04-12-2008, 12:02 AM
i was even thinking of the ct27 package from ats.. seems like a fairly good yet practical upgrade for the car...inputs on this!?

A790
04-12-2008, 09:03 AM
I love my Gen3. With gas prices going fucking sky high, I like getting 25+ MPG on my Gen3 and 13.5 in the quarter :P