PDA

View Full Version : Flight Deck

dezmarez
04-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Anybody been here yet?

Tik-Tok
04-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Went last saturday, they were closed from the power outage, went sunday, they were closed for no reason, went tuesday afternoon, still closed. Got sick of trying.

ecstasy_civic
04-11-2008, 11:52 PM
I hope it opens up soon, ive been waiting forever to check it out.

04es
04-11-2008, 11:54 PM
stupid question....what is flight deck?

Vtecmini
04-11-2008, 11:57 PM
bar owned by pilots in calgary

Isaiah
04-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
I hope it opens up soon, ive been waiting forever to check it out.

It's already open.

mrjay1987
04-12-2008, 12:11 AM
It's been open for awhile now. Right when you walk in there's like a big ass LCD HDTV in front lol. Mmmm that place always manages to steal all the parking spaces in front of where I work lol. It's a very popular place!

ecstasy_civic
04-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

It's already open.

Wasnt open when I stopped by last week, and apparently not open when Tik Tok was there :dunno: lol

dezmarez
04-12-2008, 12:35 AM
i think the last little while has been soft opening sort of deal to hammer out all the problems and stuff
heard its insane inside though
great place to watch flames games haha

LadyLuck
04-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez
i think the last little while has been soft opening sort of deal to hammer out all the problems and stuff

yep, friend works there, the official grand opening isnt for another couple of weeks so now theyre just making their own hours, from what ive heard tho, theyve got 150 different kinds of beers available.....:thumbsup:

MK1GTI
04-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I was there last Friday and its a pretty cool place. Things were a little chaotic which is to be expected with a new place, the food service had been disrupted during that week because the head chef had a heart attack. The bar area is maybe a little small, it filled up very quickly making it difficult to get a table. The parking also filled up very quickly which could become a bit frustrating. Overall its quite a good place save for the tight floor plan and slightly pricey food and drinks.

Ajay
04-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I've heard of this place.

Where exactly is it?

MK1GTI
04-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
I've heard of this place.

Where exactly is it?

http://www.flightdeck.ca/images/locationMap.jpg

The FlightDeck International Bar & Grill is located at:
#1200 - 9650 Harvest Hills Blvd, Calgary, Alberta, T3K 0B3

Its in the same plaza as the T&T Supermarket in Harvest Hills

ecstasy_civic
04-14-2008, 03:21 PM
heard its insane inside though
great place to watch flames games haha

Sweet, ill have to stop by again:thumbsup:

Rat Fink
04-14-2008, 03:24 PM

slick2404
04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I checked it out on the weekend and wow....pretty impressive. great food, great beer and great women:drool: Tons of TV's, pretty good place to chill in the NW...we definitely needed something in that area.

dezmarez
04-14-2008, 05:12 PM
did it take awhile to get your food??
it took forever to get mine

Frog
04-14-2008, 05:16 PM
did it take awhile to get your food??
it took forever to get mine

same for us Saturday, 60-90 minutes for appetizers.

They'll been getting a bunch more big screens in the next couple of weeks.

pome902
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I was offered a job by one of the owners, hes a father on my football team, I turned it down, Its pretty damb busy in there and the problem is lack of "good" chefs , alot of new workers, cooks and ect. that are new to the industry, My best friends sister and her bf work there they said that was basically the reason, hopfully the place keeps up to the demand cuz Its a pretty good investment just needs a bit of work !

Xtrema
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Plenty of new restaurant problems. food is ok but very slow. Staff not properly train up yet. Otherwise, not bad of a place. Especially people who are sick of Applebees and Boston Pizza in that neck of the wood.

pome902
04-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I was so happy to go to whitespot it was my first time there,
(the one on mcleod) WOW it was amazing much better than applebees and boston pizza im SICK of going there (ilive in the area)!

ajooo
04-16-2008, 12:22 AM
is flight deck all ages?

colsankey
04-16-2008, 09:43 AM
We had a mixed flight deck experience, but it edged into the bad.

There was three hostess's at the front to take people to table, but once we sat in the bar, we sat for more than 15min before someone came over to take our drink menus.

The sections were totally screwed up for the servers so they had to run all over the place to help people out and really couldnt make it back to the table more than once every half hour it seemed like.

Drinks were reasonably priced, appatizers seemed a little high ~$10 BUT that was more than offset by the fact most of the main food dish's were pretty reasonably priced $10-14.

The food was definately the weak link though. We went in on their second week hoping they had things sorted out, but they still need to work real hard with the kitchen staff.

The fish and chips was decent, the beef dip was dried out and bad and the 747 burger was descriped as 'take a pack of ground beef from safeway, mash it into something resembling a burger patty and toss it on the grill." No spices, onion flakes or anything was added, it was just a chunk of beef on a bun with no condiments.

The deisgn of the building is great, the bar was nice, the furniture was all looking good. the bar walls upstairs looked a little empty, but the patio looks like it'll phenominal in the summer.

Hopefully they get their shit together in the kitchen and the waitresses pick things up. At that point It'll be a great place to go, until then, we're staying away.

HybridTheory
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
I went there tonight and it was ok. Me and my friend shared the appetizer platter and it was decent for 12 bucks. Our server was kind of slow...she walked by our table twice before I could get her attention.

The design is pretty cool. I really liked the furniture and how there were tvs everywhere, even in the bathrooms. I think the place will get better as time progresses. I'll go back for sure.

JordanAndrew
04-20-2008, 03:48 AM
Soft-opening operations started last Mar. 31, 2008. They haven't done their grand opening yet so anything before this is used as training and marketing tool . It is a restaurant so they welcome all ages, although the upstairs is reserved for 18+ only. They plan to put 125 TV's altogether when everything is fully operational. All of which will be high-definition TV's.

There is a total of 20 beers on tap
Over 100 beers on bottle from all over the world.
The wine list is massive as well.

Flames game are retarded busy, But there are wicked food specials. Steak sandwich, nachos, wings, pizzas all of which cost $7.77 each!!

The place is coming along and is just getting better. Just give it time.

dezmarez
04-20-2008, 10:19 AM
does somebody work there? haha
were holding a staff dinner there next saturday
think itll run smooth by then??

JordanAndrew
04-20-2008, 04:36 PM
How many people and what time are you coming? It's been running fairly smooth compared to the first few weeks.

TACO.VIDAL
04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Is this place safe? It is rather far up north and it is in the east.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4206/locationmapeg0.jpg

slick2404
04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
Is this place safe? It is rather far up north and it is in the east.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4206/locationmapeg0.jpg

your a tool. :banghead:

HiSpec
04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by slick2404

you're a tool. :banghead:

+1

no_joke
04-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Anyone there for the Flames game tonight? How was the atmosphere?

JordanAndrew
04-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Flames games are always wicked there. It's pretty much like watching it live, there's a lot of cheering everytime we score.

analbumcover
04-21-2008, 09:23 AM

your a tool. :banghead:

no sir you're a tool :banghead:

dezmarez
04-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
How many people and what time are you coming? It's been running fairly smooth compared to the first few weeks.

im not sure
we have someone organizing it so they are handling all those details
and i think we are supposed to be there around 530ish

Kaos
04-21-2008, 09:59 AM
JordanAndrew.... Is it me or does anyone else think you work there? hahaha

JordanAndrew
04-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Kaos and dezmarez;

Yes I work there as a bartender/server and sometimes manage every now and then if that helps, haha!

5:30 should be ok on a saturday, see you there. :thumbsup:

2002civic
04-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Soft-opening operations started last Mar. 31, 2008. They haven't done their grand opening yet so anything before this is used as training and marketing tool . It is a restaurant so they welcome all ages, although the upstairs is reserved for 18+ only. They plan to put 125 TV's altogether when everything is fully operational. All of which will be high-definition TV's.

There is a total of 20 beers on tap
Over 100 beers on bottle from all over the world.
The wine list is massive as well.

Flames game are retarded busy, But there are wicked food specials. Steak sandwich, nachos, wings, pizzas all of which cost $7.77 each!!

The place is coming along and is just getting better. Just give it time.

the only marketing that has been done is people saying how bad it is, not a good tool imo, you are only as good as your reputation, and having a bad start can hurt big time...

JordanAndrew
04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

the only marketing that has been done is people saying how bad it is, not a good tool imo, you are only as good as your reputation, and having a bad start can hurt big time...

Although I agree with what you're trying to say there really isn't any other way around it with this restaurant being new and being a stand alone restaurant versus a chain/franchise. There are signs outside saying that we are doing a "test flight" to get an opportunity for people to try and understand the situation.

Like what I said, give it some time to get things running smooth. We haven't done a whole lot of advertising yet and yet the demand is quite high already with mixed feedback just like you said. We take all suggestions seriously so feel free to let the management know about it.

Grand opening won't happen for a few more weeks, maybe even a few months depending on the feedbacks that we get. Until then we will try to accomodate all our guests as much as we can.

If you come on a slower night you will see what the potential of this restaurant really is. It's just going to get better and better as time passes. We just recently opened for lunch as well and there are lunch specials everyday.

DJ_NAV
04-21-2008, 03:48 PM
hey... does it get packed during flames game???
i wouldnt mind checking out a new place for 2morow's game... i live around the area too.

JordanAndrew
04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
It does get fairly packed during flames games so if you wanted to come in for the game, try to come 1 hour before the get and grab a few drinks while waiting in your table so you can guarantee yourself a spot.

mrjay1987
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
It's not a bad place at all. You should see the operations guys' truck lol. I see that bad boy drive by every single day I am working.

:goflames:

JordanAndrew
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Lemme guess, you work at either bell, that pizza place or green olives.. or maybe T&T?? ;)

mrjay1987
04-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I work at Bell and have been to flight deck many times after work for the games lol. The guy with the truck, lost his card and forgot his name, is supposed to hook us up with deals. He lied! :eek:

D911
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I was there.

It was alright, the servers were definately disorganized.
Went up to the loungey-bar thing upstairs, took a seat, sat for 20 minutes, and no one helped us, so we flagged someone down to get a menu, then after that it took another 20minutes to get our drinks.

Was pretty brutal.

I'll give it another go in a couple of weeks maybe.

JordanAndrew
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by mrjay1987
I work at Bell and have been to flight deck many times after work for the games lol. The guy with the truck, lost his card and forgot his name, is supposed to hook us up with deals. He lied! :eek:

Does lisa still works there? I haven't had the chance to drop by and it's been a while since I've talked to her. Anyways I have no idea which guy you're talking about.

Tik-Tok
04-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by D911

It was alright, the servers were definately disorganized.
Went up to the loungey-bar thing upstairs, took a seat, sat for 20 minutes, and no one helped us, so we flagged someone down to get a menu, then after that it took another 20minutes to get our drinks.

Well, it is owned by pilots, so you're getting about the same customer service as a stewardess would give you. They're too busy blowing the captain in the "flight deck" to do their job properly :poosie:

jdmakkord
04-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Well, it is owned by pilots, so you're getting about the same customer service as a stewardess would give you. They're too busy blowing the captain in the "flight deck" to do their job properly :poosie:

Leave the poor air mattresses alone!!!!!:rofl:

GorG
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
this place is shit!, nice looking place but the services is the shittest in the world, i gave them a one cent tip. my girl and i waited 20 minutes to get some one to help us, 5 minutes to get drinks 20 minutes to ordered at that point i ordered two more rounds because i had a feeling it would be a while before some one came around again. then our serve came back with our drinks she chatted with us about how tired she is (like i a give a shit) and then hoping that some one would bring our food up because the lazy cunt didn't want to go downstairs and fetch it herself. MM and if i knew i was getting some mccain frozen food i would have just stayed in and made my own dinner. Best part is the menu " WORLDS GREATEST PUB" ha ha what a joke. so i pretty much spent three hours in that nice looking shit hole for some apps three rounds of drinks and dinner. what pisses me off most is that they aren't even near being understaffed, there was about six of them in the corner shitting their pants not know what to do about people sitting at the table. It wasn't even busy in there.

TACO.VIDAL
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I was serious about my earlier question. Judging by the posts this place may be worth checking out as it does seem this place may not be typcial for that part of town.

What are the hours? Id consider stopping in when I have some time to kill rather than spending it at the airport with the very limited selection.

Tik-Tok
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
Judging by the posts this place may be worth checking out as it does seem this place may not be typcial for that part of town.

Every person so far has mentioned horrible service, and you still think it's worth checking out?

JordanAndrew
04-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Every person so far has mentioned horrible service, and you still think it's worth checking out?

Although I gotta agree that there has been quite a fee set-backs from the first few weeks of "soft-opening" operations, I'd say we've improved a lot of our service and food. You can't expect a place that hasn't OFFICIALLY opened yet and judge it from there. I can still see a lot of room for improvement especially upstairs in the lounge where everyone seems to get the bad experience.

I think once we've worked on the areas we need to improve at, this place will kick ass. Just give us time, maybe try us again when we've done our grand opening. :dunno:

And by the way, not "EVERY PERSON" has mentioned horrible service so please don't hate, appreciate. :D

Originally posted by mrjay1987
It's not a bad place at all. You should see the operations guys' truck lol. I see that bad boy drive by every single day I am working.

:goflames:

I checked it out on the weekend and wow....pretty impressive. great food, great beer and great women:drool: Tons of TV's, pretty good place to chill in the NW...we definitely needed something in that area.

trieuth
04-23-2008, 01:14 AM
I've been there 5 times now, always had decent service, not terrible but not amazing either. love the looks of the place and a few of the servers :hitit:

I dont know what everyone is complaining about, but I will keep coming back

kevie88
04-24-2008, 12:34 PM
There was an unplanned OG Beyond meet there last night haha, ran into Legendboy, EGmike, and Hollywood. Tried some of the finger food (a shrimp, crab, roasted red pepper ect dip) and had a few beers.

The dip turned out to be a dill cream sauce.. something was missing.. no shrimp, no crab, no roasted pepper. Hmm. The Manager came over and apologised, and comped the food. The beer as always was delicious.

That place is missing something.. The name sort of suggests an aircraft theme, the exterior is awesome, but it's pretty stark and plain inside. They should have done the aviation theme a little more I think. The patio is gonna be awesome come summer tho!

Boost Infested
04-24-2008, 12:46 PM
no wayyy^^ i was there too but i didnt see those guys. nice place, i had the 1 pound burger 747 jumbo :D it was a little dry... lotsa selections of beer! But holeeee panel tvs... everywhere.

JordanAndrew
04-24-2008, 02:38 PM
^^^Yeah we're getting more TV's in as well, if you haven't noticed the upstairs looks quite empty still. I'll talk to the owners about getting more aviation design on the theme. If there isn't anything important on the tv's like a game usually, we do put videos of fighter jets as cheesy as that sounds. The place is owned by around 10 pilots so I'm sure they'll put some more aviation design to the place.

JordanAndrew
04-24-2008, 02:38 PM
EDITED: Double post

legendboy
04-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
There was an unplanned OG Beyond meet there last night haha, ran into Legendboy, EGmike, and Hollywood. Tried some of the finger food (a shrimp, crab, roasted red pepper ect dip) and had a few beers.

Nice bumping in you guys :thumbsup:

The food is below average imo. Between Egmikes deep fryed potato chips and Hollywoods over cooked/rubberized peice of steak it was a pretty big let down.

But the word is they are still getting their act together so hopefully in the future things will improve.

The beer was good. Egmike and I polished of 4 jugs of keiths between the 2 of us it was so good! :rofl:

One thing I will say tho, they shouldn't give thoes lame half pint glasses with a jug. We made our server get us regular pint size glasses lol

Tik-Tok
04-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

That place is missing something.. The name sort of suggests an aircraft theme, the exterior is awesome, but it's pretty stark and plain inside. They should have done the aviation theme a little more I think. The patio is gonna be awesome come summer tho!

You'll see the Aviation side of it in the summer, on the patio. It's right on track with runways 10/28, so you'll see plently of aircraft taking off and landing from the deck.

Godfuader
04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
So I gather that the patio is not open. :dunno:

JordanAndrew
04-29-2008, 12:03 AM
We are trying to open the patio by the summer but there are a lot of delays that prevents us from doing it. The patio is in the works though so don't you worry. Right now our main focus is getting things to run smoothly with proper procedures that must be followed by every crew member that works there.