PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy cars from Good Fellow Automotive

88CRXGUY
04-11-2008, 11:52 PM
A friend and I were car shopping today and she found a car that she liked. We went to Good Fellow and they seemed to have some good deals and I was wondering has anyone had experiences with them. Please share your experiences good or bad, thanks

avishal26
04-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Well If I'm not wrong, I've been to that place before. (There are a lot of used car dealerships in that area, I've been to a few of them)

It was last summer, I went to go check out one of their trucks they had for sale. They usually have decent cars, but the guy I talked to there, who seemed to be the manager or something, came off to me as very shady. I guess if you like a car they have, make sure you get a separate inspection done if you're serious about it. I wouldn't take the guy's word for it. But once again.. this was last summer and I don't remember the name of the guy I talked to. That's just my 2 cents...

88CRXGUY
04-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Do you happen to remember what this manager looked like?

stunta666
04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Probably the majority of used car salesman are shady especially at those small car lots. If you find a car you like just make sure you take it to a really good inspection facility and good ol carfax, and dont just use carfax alone because not all accidents are reported. I haven't once had a good car buying experience and thats even from buying new. Good luck!

88CRXGUY
04-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Well my friend and I went into the showroom and there was a Honda Prelude there. I looked on the windshild and all that I saw was a Hot Wheels Automotive sticker on there. I know that some of you know that business aswell do I and how shady the person was that owned the company was. Once I seen that I got my friend and got the fuck out lol..

bobby_lu
04-12-2008, 10:53 PM
lol what a cheesy name for a dealership.

drtoohotty1
04-12-2008, 10:55 PM
oh god hot wheels auto super red flag right there....or as there called now gallery auto good choice of running the other direction

jbabante
04-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
lol what a cheesy name for a dealership.

:werd: same thing with FINERIDES,,, couple of friends bought cars and got anything but fine rides there.

88CRXGUY
04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Anyone else have any experiences with this company?

avishal26
06-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by jbabante

:werd: same thing with FINERIDES,,, couple of friends bought cars and got anything but fine rides there.

Werd... when I bought from fine-rides .. The guy I bought from ( i wont mention his name here) had lies spilling out from all pores. One example.. he had new tires on .. that looked good.. but they didn't last more than a year..from brandnew mind you. One of the wheels (which supposedly he bought brand new .. 5zigen wheels. ) had a pinsize hole in it which would leak half the air every 2 weeks... and when I askd the guy for a receipt for the wheels so i could get it fixed.. since it could've been a manufacturer's defect.. he said he couldn't find it and that he bought it from toronto so I would have to go there to get the rims looked at if I didn't want to pay for it... what a joker!

Finerides it seems like just buys shitty rides.. mostly from japan.. (mine wasn't RHD btw.. it was a bc car) and then puts a really bad paint job (bad quality) and sells it for a ridiculously high price. I didn't even notice till after I bought the car that the hood wasn't even aligned with the fenders.

But anyways.. I have a feeling most used car sales places now in Calgary are trying to make some quick cash thanks to the market boom and don't care bout the safety or integrity of the cars they're selling (This usually only applies to small dealers that are seling cars more than 5 years old.)
So buyer beware.. use carfax or carproof.. local trusty mechanical inspection and your own judgement. If you have a feeling that something is wrong.. there probably is.

ruffryder
06-08-2008, 12:46 AM
didnt fine-rides close down?

i bought a 240 from them, the car itself was full of problems but they always helped me fix it.

i even put the extended warrenty that i purchased to use.

either way they were a bunch of crooks, but then again who isnt these days..

if ur looking to buy a used car i have had nothing but good experiences at atlantic auto. the owner, sam i think is his name, is definatly a great guy to deal with.