PDA

View Full Version : LF: Gravel Crew workers

Rui M
04-12-2008, 08:44 AM
2 guys on my crew quit to pursue other careers, we are looking for some new guys. You must have a drivers license, and be able to work hard.

I'm the truck driver and i still do manual labor duties, but basically what we do is put gravel into new homes before concrete is poured. It's a tough job, pushing a 300lb wheel barrel for a good part of the day.

Pay is $20 to start, $24 after 3 months, $1 performance bonus. Overtime after 8 hrs in the day. Seriously if your a bitch and cannot handle this job do not pm me. I'm not looking for super huge guys, just people that know how to work, i'm only 5'11, 170 lbs.

I'm more importantly looking for some younger guys to organize my own crew, i'm young myself and if you got energy it will be a good job.

dj_rice
04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
What are the hours like?And Mon-Fri?Benefits?

Canmorite
04-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
What are the hours like?And Mon-Fri?Benefits?

:werd:

zarge
04-12-2008, 11:26 PM
I'll be interested for a few months while the oilfield is slow.. driver only though i have my class 3/Q, drive clutchless and have a fair amount of hours.

theken
04-13-2008, 12:22 AM
what does driving clutchless have to do with anything? haha class 3 guys ftl

zarge
04-13-2008, 12:54 AM
because you save the clutch and means you probably actually gear down instead of nailing on the brakes. Not to mention you can shift twice as fast and all truckers do it.

CivicTunr
04-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by zarge
because you save the clutch and means you probably actually gear down instead of nailing on the brakes. Not to mention you can shift twice as fast and all truckers do it.

oh geee, you save the clutch, brakes are cheaper. and a clutch is cheaper than a tranny, but keep on shifting w/o a clutch.

I believe in full employment, you think they designed a clutch for no reason? they pay engineers big bucks to design something.

Rui M
04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by zarge
I'll be interested for a few months while the oilfield is slow.. driver only though i have my class 3/Q, drive clutchless and have a fair amount of hours.

This is gravel, we don't do "driver only" I have my class 1 and i still do labour.

Rui M
04-13-2008, 01:29 AM
actually, driving clutchless does take more skill. I can drive both, but i prefer to double clutch, it's just a habit. LOL clutchless shifting will not harm the trucks. I have driven trucks with a million kms still on the original transmission.

DA_1.8T
04-13-2008, 02:16 AM
if u dont mind me asking what comapny do u work /sub-contarct for

theken
04-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Rui M
actually, driving clutch less does take more skill. I can drive both, but i prefer to double clutch, it's just a habit. LOL clutch less shifting will not harm the trucks. I have driven trucks with a million km's still on the original transmission.
i have 6 years with a class one, i haven't used a clutch since day one, it doesn't take anymore skill because clutches are basically useless. the gears aren't synchronized, the clutch helps get the truck out of gear but won't help sweet f all to get it into gear. trannys on a semi should have a million miles on em, the gears are fucking huge.
I am just wondering why someone would throw that out there though, like if it came down to a guy that i was hiring that said i have a class 3 drive clutchless with some experience, and another guy who comes to me and says i have a class 3 with some experience, i would probably take the guy with some experience, not the guy that has some experience but thinks he is experienced

Benny
04-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Seriously if your a bitch and cannot handle this job do not pm me. I'm not looking for super huge guys, just people that know how to work, i'm only 5'11, 170 lbs.

Right on for putting that in there man. When I was working landscaping I used to just go apeshit when you'd be doing hard work and some lazy fuck couldn't handle their share and expected to get paid to sit around.

Lex350
04-13-2008, 08:25 PM
2 guys on my crew quit to pursue other careers, we are looking for some new guys. You must have a drivers license, and be able to work hard.

I'm the truck driver and i still do manual labor duties, but basically what we do is put gravel into new homes before concrete is poured. It's a tough job, pushing a 300lb wheel barrel for a good part of the day.

Pay is $20 to start, $24 after 3 months, $1 performance bonus. Overtime after 8 hrs in the day. Seriously if your a bitch and cannot handle this job do not pm me. I'm not looking for super huge guys, just people that know how to work, i'm only 5'11, 170 lbs.

I'm more importantly looking for some younger guys to organize my own crew, i'm young myself and if you got energy it will be a good job.

hahaha...I did cribbing off and on for 5 years....NEVER AGAIN!!

its not easy work.

swak
04-14-2008, 12:09 PM
im'd

ScottysZ
04-16-2008, 08:41 PM
PMd a couple days ago... waiting to hear back.

Rui M
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM
positions already filled sorry guys. If you wanna do grunt work and make these wages just walk into any business and ask.

A-1
Lenbeth
Travale

etc,