PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Degrassi Moments

dj_rice
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Two of my favorite moments growing up watching Degrassi...Degrassi was the shit, I remember they even played some episodes in junior high to teach us stuff

_nU2zvWsmMk

7I3uVT-ajME

rmk
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
ZIT REMEDY FTMFW

Back in the day we used to watch Degrassi and Simpsons on CBC back to back. Degrassi is still the shit. They definitely covered issues that people are still afraid to talk about on tv shows like that to this day.

Too many memories to talk about. Caitlin :love: and just about every new Degrasi girl :love:

95teetee
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by rmk
ZIT REMEDY FTMFW

Too many memories to talk about. Caitlin :love: and just about every new Degrasi girl :love:
Everybody wants somethin' they'll take ya moneyyyy. And never give up!

I also had a huge crush on Caitlin (me and Kevin Smith lol)
hmmm favorite moments....

Stephanie with the bandaids on her nipples in the episode where she's kissing guys for votes in the student body elections (you could see the shapes of small bandaids they put over her highbeams to keep them turned off lol)

Joey gets a job at the local radio station (KRAZ???) to get the Zit Remedy on the air. Doesn't happen, but Sue Johanson thinks they rock:p
Dwayne gets AIDS (or HIV I guess) and Joey blackmails him for car money not to tell people...
The chick that turned her back on Dwayne because of the HIV (you know, the one that always carried the box of Dipps around- real subtle product placement, guys) dances with him at the final school dance:cry:

Oh yeah, and Claude kills himself because of Caitlin (Emo is born. Mark it in your calendar)

rmk
04-13-2008, 09:47 PM
or when Wheels runs away from home. When Joey gets the car from that shady salesman. The abortion episode.

Melinda
04-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I loved Degrassi growing up. I remember the episodes like when Spike found out she was pregnant, the abortion episode with one of the twins, the school dance (the one mentioned above - the one with the guy who had aids), the cancer story (that was a ton of episodes) and a few more that dont immediately come to mind.

I rebelled against watching the new Degrassi cause I was pretty sure nothing could compare to the original, but it's actually not bad. Same kind of thing behind it, though they definately use more "asthetically pleasing" people than they did when we were younger. They've done a good job tackling things we didn't have to worry much about when we were younger too, like school shootings and gay issues. Nice to see so many of the original Degrassi kids back as the parents and mentors as well, kinda keeps us old fans hooked on the show to see how they're all doing. :D

D'z Nutz
04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
- Shane: "You dumb... jerk! Kick you in the head!"

- when Wheels calls Snake an asshole, which was the first time a swear was aired on Canadian television.

- The episode when Kathleen had bulimia and she was packing away those cookies when doing homework with Melanie. Damn, those cookies looked good.

There's lots more that I can't think of right now.

I'm with Mel. I won't watch the new generation!

95teetee
04-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

I rebelled against watching the new Degrassi cause I was pretty sure nothing could compare to the original, but it's actually not bad. Same kind of thing behind it, though they definately use more "asthetically pleasing" people than they did when we were younger. They've done a good job tackling things we didn't have to worry much about when we were younger too, like school shootings and gay issues. Nice to see so many of the original Degrassi kids back as the parents and mentors as well, kinda keeps us old fans hooked on the show to see how they're all doing. :D I was the same way with the new Degrassi- finally watched an episode, and absolutely hated it (can't remember which episode it was). Gave it a chance, and actually started to like it. Now I'm not ashamed to say (well, ok, maybe a little;) ) that I'm a fan

But where the hell did Joey go???
It's not Degrassi without Joey Jeremiah...

Mazstyle
04-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I can't think of any show moments, but I did meet Snake at an airport in Toronto. It was so weird talking to him, it was like we we're old buddies...

finboy
04-13-2008, 10:59 PM
dude taking acid and jumping off the bridge was a good one

Melinda
04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
I was the same way with the new Degrassi- finally watched an episode, and absolutely hated it (can't remember which episode it was). Gave it a chance, and actually started to like it. Now I'm not ashamed to say (well, ok, maybe a little;) ) that I'm a fan

But where the hell did Joey go???
It's not Degrassi without Joey Jeremiah...
Joey's on the new show too. He owns a used car dealership and is the step dad to one of the new degrassi kids and a mentor to a few others who have a band (remembering how hard it was when he was with the zit remedy I guess) :rofl:

civic_stylez
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Clutch was baller, that custom painted mustang that he wailed in to pick up lucy.. what a relic.... and then he came to the house party loaded because he was gangster like that. That show was golden though....:thumbsup:

coolstoryhansel
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Best. Thread. Evar.

dj_rice
04-14-2008, 07:05 PM
To the people who wont watch the New Degrassi.......

-HgDTS1Wt9U

It gets good at 1:05 mark...:rofl: :drool: :hitit: :rofl: :rofl:

dj_rice
04-14-2008, 07:09 PM

Dwayne gets AIDS (or HIV I guess) and Joey blackmails him for car money not to tell people...

JuqNm06CT_0

But yeah Degrassi was the shit back then, they had topics never before seen on Canadian TV back in the day like Abortion, Racism, Drugs, Sex.....:thumbsup:, I miss the old Degrassi...

Anyone remember the Twins Mono episode :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I must admit when I was young, growing up I wish I was as cool like Yick Yu

95teetee
04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Joey's on the new show too. He owns a used car dealership and is the step dad to one of the new degrassi kids and a mentor to a few others who have a band (remembering how hard it was when he was with the zit remedy I guess) :rofl: not anymore though:(

oh and WITH the Zit Remedy?
c'mon now- Joey WAS the Zit Remedy. Where would they have been without him:dunno:

:rofl:

Originally posted by dj_rice

I must admit when I was young, growing up I wish I was as cool like Yick Yu
Broomhead.

dj_rice
04-14-2008, 08:23 PM

Broomhead.

Is this a racial joke???If so, I'm going to chop you

syeve
04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by finboy
dude taking acid and jumping off the bridge was a good one

HAHHAA...I just spit my timmies...fucking awesome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

coolstoryhansel
04-15-2008, 01:59 PM
not anymore though:(

oh and WITH the Zit Remedy?
c'mon now- Joey WAS the Zit Remedy. Where would they have been without him:dunno:

:rofl:

Broomhead.

Your eyes remind me of pimming swools.

Narbo!

Daan
04-15-2008, 02:06 PM
favorite moments ?

... when i see the credits rolling

eb0i
04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
When wheels hitch hikes and the driver pulls over to the side and puts his hand on Wheels lap and says "It's not wrong if it feels good", then Wheels jumps out of the car and grabs a rock to throw at the guy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

finboy
04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
To the people who wont watch the New Degrassi.......

-HgDTS1Wt9U

It gets good at 1:05 mark...:rofl: :drool: :hitit: :rofl: :rofl:

who needs plot lines when you have naked, under aged girls? :rofl:

PAGING SORATH: we found you a favorite new tv show buddy :thumbsup:

benyl
04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Joey Jeremiah's Jean Jacket!

hahha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

soupey
04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
haha the new one comes on the CW11 here in NY, its the only canadian based tv show ive seen on.... i remember watchign them in school when i was younger, never watched the original regularly on tv tho

D'z Nutz
04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Joey Jeremiah's Jean Jacket!

hahha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The tuxedo shirt he wore to the dance the night the junior high burned down was pretty slick too! Haha

eb0i
04-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Haha! You guys remember his jackets but not his signature hat?

dj_rice
04-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by finboy

who needs plot lines when you have naked, under aged girls? :rofl:

PAGING SORATH: we found you a favorite new tv show buddy :thumbsup:

Sorath won't be interested, the actress is 19 I think....so basically 7 years too old.....or should I change that to 10??:rofl: :rofl:

dj_rice
04-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
When wheels hitch hikes and the driver pulls over to the side and puts his hand on Wheels lap and says "It's not wrong if it feels good", then Wheels jumps out of the car and grabs a rock to throw at the guy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

0dqJrvo7akM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

finboy
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM

0dqJrvo7akM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

holy crap, it's Jack McCoy from "law and order" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xLostx
04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
In the movie didn't Wheels kill Lucy while drinking and driving?

Too many good episodes to choose from, the one where Kaitlyn (sp?) thinks she's a lesbian is funny.

finboy
04-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by xLostx
In the movie didn't Wheels kill Lucy while drinking and driving?

Too many good episodes to choose from, the one where Kaitlyn (sp?) thinks she's a lesbian is funny.

he kills a kid and paralysis lucy, i think

sputnik
04-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Anyone remember when Joey streaked through the cafeteria?