PDA

View Full Version : What's your project?

403Gemini
04-14-2008, 11:53 AM
So i'm just wondering, what big projects are beyond.ca members putting together?

I got the idea for this thread from:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/214703/making-my-porsche-951-reliable/

I remeber rages 944 , that thing was a beast... and i know Redlyne_Mr2 has been working on his car since... well... since before beyond.ca existed haha.

So I was wondering, what else are you folks up to out there? (include pics and write ups, i love hearing about projects :) and not only that it may provide inspiration to other members).

:thumbsup:

spikerS
04-14-2008, 11:56 AM
my friend and I are in the process of upgrading out 81 camaro again. race city still won't let us race it, so we pretty much have to redo everything again. we might just ditch it all together tho and do a totally different one.

JRSC00LUDE
04-14-2008, 12:03 PM
^

Elaborate? Sounds interesting.

spikerS
04-14-2008, 12:15 PM
well, it is a 1981 camaro berlinetta, was a daily driver for about 6 years, the whole time we upgraded pretty much everything.

Dumped the stock 305 and managed to find a C&C machined, blueprinted and balanced 355 crossfire, that we managed to pick up really cheap. was supposed to be something like $12,000 USD but the guy got married and the wife made him sell it, so we got it for $3000 CAD (i think i should elaborate on this. for the price we got a complete, but disassembled engine, with all the parts besides the block and heads being after market.). We built everything on it, every part in this engine build was after market from the crank to valve cover studs.

We still have the stock 700R4 tranny in it, but has been beefed up with a shift kit and a much larger torque converter. still has the stock read axle with 3.73 gears.

When we were finally finished, we took it to race city. The first time, they would not let us race due to a glass in-line fuel filter. The second time was because of a couple of loose wires that were not in a loom casing. Third time was because the inspector in his opinion thinks there was too much power to race without a roll cage. At that point we said fuck it and never got to racing it, but has been sitting for the past few years, and this year we are thinking of giving it another shot.

We never did dyno the engine before putting it into the car, and have not put it on a dyno to test it at the rear wheels, but we estimate the HP on this car to be somewhere around 550ish. Personally i think it is probably about 50-75hp more, but my friend likes to under estimate things.

403Gemini
04-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Sweet jesus, sounds fun :D got pics?

spikerS
04-14-2008, 12:20 PM
yes, but not in digital format, and i would have to dig around to find em. I might be able to grab the digi cam next time i run to the area and snap some pics of it.

JRSC00LUDE
04-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I didn't know they could make a judgement based on "looks" for horsepower? I thought you could at least race once and if you come in under the times where a cage is required then you're out till you get one? Too bad, sounds like it would be a fun run!