PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rocket Quality?

Eleanor
04-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey, the GF is looking at some new gear and she's looking at some Joe Rocket stuff. She's been doing some research and there's been some conflicting info on their quality, some say it's awesome and others not so much. I was just wondering if any of you guys (or girls :rofl: ) had any experiences with the stuff. TIA.

BrknFngrs
04-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I've only ever heard bad things about their gear. Never ridden with it personally, but I'm sure there is gear with a better reputation for similar money.

drtoohotty1
04-14-2008, 10:34 PM
well you get what you pay for if you want really good quality go with Dainese but for the money i like it i have some joe rocket jackets and boots that i have never had a problem with.

Graham_A_M
04-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Joe Rockets & Icon make crap gear. Honestly. If you value your money, and want it to buy you decent protection, avoid Joe Rocket & Icon completley. They shred themselves apart with remarkible ease in the manner of a high speed bail. If your planning on racing in parking lots, on these little pocket bikes, sure why not:rolleyes: but I assume you wont be.

Alpinestars & Dianese make great leathers, either in the form of 1 or two piece suits. I use an Alpinestars two piece myself for street & track use, and I've bailed in it already on a track a couple times, and it holds up very very well.
My buddy in his Joe Rockets gear had a couple low speed "lowsides" riding minibikes on the cart track, and it looks like that suit is already spent. :nut:

Just make sure the suit is very tight so the armor doesn't shift, and it does its job. :)

Eleanor
04-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Won't be shopping at JR then. :thumbsup:

kevie88
04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
No Rocket.. The last 2 shops I've been at have stopped selling JR entirely.

I don't think Icon is nearly as bad in terms of quality, I don't get anywhere near as much of it back for warranty.. However quite a bit of the 'con gear gets sold to stunters and wannabe stunters, and those guys crash a lot which would void warranty anyway haha

Dainese/Astars ftw.