PDA

View Full Version : Rage2 and Beyond.ca cares about it's members. Thanks Rage!!

Thaco
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, i just wanted to post up a thank you note to Rage2 and Beyond.ca.

Yesterday rage2 send me a PM informing me that a certain lawyer (who will remain unnamed for obvious reason you'll understand later) contacted him and demanded my personal information so he could pursue legal actions (Defamation) against me for some comments i had made about him on this forum (don't bother looking, they've been removed, due to the fact they were not entirely accurate, however i did believe they were accurate when i wrote them.). Anyways, Rage2 took it upon himself to fight this case for me and not release the info, also possibly getting himself in to hot water, but due to his excellent lawyers he was able to defend both Himself and me.

And the most astonishing thing about this whole thing that i found is that, I'm just another member on beyond to him, we've never met, never spoken, sure we passed the odd PM, but he was willing to defend someone he'd never met, and didn't even really know anything about, and to me that deserves :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again Rage2!!

BEYOND.CA And Rage2 FTW!!!!

BenC
04-15-2008, 12:25 PM
woot +1 for rage2 and beyond being awesome!:clap:

Chester
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
If I get in to trouble for the jailbait thread, I know I'm in good hands.

BenC
04-15-2008, 12:29 PM
^^^^ lmao!

funkedelic
04-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Chester

:rofl:

not if chris hansen has anything to say about it. Delete browser history/temp internet files ftw!

on a serious note though, that was pretty cool of rage to do.

thinmyster
04-15-2008, 12:30 PM

GQBalla
04-15-2008, 12:31 PM
+1 for rage2:bigpimp:

eglove
04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
wow! beyond is awesome

Jlude
04-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Class act rage.

BrknFngrs
04-15-2008, 12:37 PM
props :thumbsup:

Eleanor
04-15-2008, 12:42 PM

:thumbsup: To rage2 and beyond!

But seriously, defamation lawsuit on the internet?

http://www.hfstival.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10148/normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Dj_Stylz
04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Rage2 FTW!:clap:

2002civic
04-15-2008, 12:55 PM

98type_r
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

But seriously, defamation lawsuit on the internet?

that's just ridiculars

Weapon_R
04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Even though he does not have your contact info, does this mean a potential suit is over?

Amysicle
04-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Haha I know EXACTLY which thread this is about too. Dredged up from 2006 or something because some "anonymous" person just signed up to defend and claim slander regarding the lawyer in question even though it was probably said lawyer Googling himself.

:clap: Good thing on Rage2's part.

Edit: Looks like I should be shaking Rage2's hand as well! I've never even spoken to the guy.

95EG6P
04-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
props :thumbsup:

+1

D'z Nutz
04-15-2008, 01:16 PM

This one's almost too easy...

Chester
04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

This one's almost too easy...

"Chester the molester"

Weapon_R
04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
Haha I know EXACTLY which thread this is about too. Dredged up from 2006 or something because some "anonymous" person just signed up to defend and claim slander regarding the lawyer in question even though it was probably said lawyer Googling himself.

:clap: Good thing on Rage2's part.

link?

Thaco
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Even though he does not have your contact info, does this mean a potential suit is over?

I'm really not sure, I've never been directly contacted over it,. and the documents Rage showed me just said that he'd have to remove the post and give them an apology letter, the post has been removed, not sure about the letter... but honestly this type of bullshit threat is more likely to do him more harm than good, as Amysicle said, he pulled up a 2 year old thread, if he'd have left it alone, nobody would have ever seen it again.

403Gemini
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Defamation on an internet forum! hahaha classic

I throw around allegations at plenty of people... I call at least 4 people a "homo" everyday on here, hope i dont get sued! ;)

DNSRadio
04-15-2008, 01:22 PM
:thumbsup:
Rage2 & Beyond.Ca

FTW !!

Its nice to know that beyond members care for one another.
in the past ie , the acura dude from last year / the claw / and now this...

:thumbsup:
to us all for looking out for one another.
:)

QuasarCav
04-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Destinova403
04-15-2008, 01:29 PM
so glad rage actually cares about this forum. some forum owners will sell out for a penny and not stand up for their members.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Amysicle
04-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

link?

No linky because it has already been deleted. I don't have the mad intarnetz skills that some people have on here so there's nothing I can do.

HybridTheory
04-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Props to you Rage :bigpimp:

Beyond ftw :clap:

rage2
04-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Just another day at the office. Don't have to thank me, it's just business as usual.

We get several of these defamation/slander threats a year. We're used to it and deal with it routinely. It's the nature of running a forum, you can't tell what's true and what's not, and everyone wants their shit removed by asking a lawyer to send a threatening letter. Just because they send a letter doesn't mean they'll get what they want removed. That'll defeat the entire purpose on an open discussions forum.

In this case, they wanted info on several members, Thaco and Amysicle were part of the big list, plus they want a written apology from me personally or they'd sue us. We won't release private info regarding our members unless the courts require us to (we've only had that happen once). And the written apology part? First off, I don't apologize unless I'm wrong, because doing so would make me a weaksauce pussy. rage2 is not weaksauce, nor is rage2 a pussy. I can't say the same for one of our mods who refuses to break in his IS-F hard :rofl:. Second, there's no law requiring an apology, but there's laws that removes responsibility on our part, since it's impossible for us to tell if every single post on this forum is true or false.

In this case, it was found that Thaco's comments were indeed inaccurate, so the posts were removed. All the lawyers had to do was ask nicely (instead of threatening with pure retardedness) and it would've been dealt with in a quick and efficient manner.

syeve
04-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Rage2 ftw. Good job, we all need more people like you around.

benyl
04-15-2008, 01:44 PM
rage2 is my hero.

civicluva
04-15-2008, 01:48 PM

Sorath must be relieved

brandon
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Props! thats awesome!

403Gemini
04-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Just another day at the office. Don't have to thank me, it's just business as usual.

We get several of these defamation/slander threats a year. We're used to it and deal with it routinely. It's the nature of running a forum, you can't tell what's true and what's not, and everyone wants their shit removed by asking a lawyer to send a threatening letter. Just because they send a letter doesn't mean they'll get what they want removed. That'll defeat the entire purpose on an open discussions forum.

In this case, they wanted info on several members, Thaco and Amysicle were part of the big list, plus they want a written apology from me personally or they'd sue us. We won't release private info regarding our members unless the courts require us to (we've only had that happen once). And the written apology part? First off, I don't apologize unless I'm wrong, because doing so would make me a weaksauce pussy. rage2 is not weaksauce, nor is rage2 a pussy. I can't say the same for one of our mods who refuses to break in his IS-F hard :rofl:. Second, there's no law requiring an apology, but there's laws that removes responsibility on our part, since it's impossible for us to tell if every single post on this forum is true or false.

In this case, it was found that Thaco's comments were indeed inaccurate, so the posts were removed. All the lawyers had to do was ask nicely (instead of threatening with pure retardedness) and it would've been dealt with in a quick and efficient manner.

"does rage 2 look like a bitch? I said DOES RAGE 2 LOOK LIKE A BITCH?! Then why are you trying to fuck him like one!" :rofl:

well played man :thumbsup:

badatusrnames
04-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

"does rage 2 look like a bitch? I said DOES RAGE 2 LOOK LIKE A BITCH?! Then why are you trying to fuck him like one!" :rofl:

well played man :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: Substitute Marsellus Wallace with Rage2 & Mrs. Wallace with Mrs. 2, we'll say the lawyer is named Brett:

JNT5zvd3g2M

And props to Rage2 and the rest of the forum staff for refusing to be bullied and maintaining a principled approach when it comes to defending the free speech rights of beyond members.

BoostMonkey
04-15-2008, 02:15 PM
^lol.

And kudos to Rage2! Another Beyond great.

SNAATCH
04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

:rofl: :rofl: Substitute Marsellus Wallace with Rage2 & Mrs. Wallace with Mrs. 2, we'll say the lawyer is named Brett:

JNT5zvd3g2M

And props to Rage2 and the rest of the forum staff for refusing to be bullied and maintaining a principled approach when it comes to defending the free speech rights of beyond members.
lol at ur sig

badatusrnames
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH

lol at ur sig

Thanks, maybe it's an analogy for Rage2 and the site administrators putting out a fire created by one of the members??

403Gemini
04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Thanks, maybe it's an analogy for Rage2 and the site administrators putting out a fire created by one of the members??

Damnit i cant view your sig at work!!! lol can you pm me the url so i'll remeber to check at home? haha

Inzane
04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I can't say the same for one of our mods who refuses to break in his IS-F hard :rofl:.

I think I'd have a hard time myself doing that if I'd spent $70k+ on a new car.

Toms-SC
04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Yup, rage2 is pretty pimping when it comes to the law thingys.

Supa Dexta
04-15-2008, 02:38 PM
yay.. :thumbsup:

http://www.sillyape.org/trash/fuck_yo_couch.gif

Mr_ET
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Well done Rage, you're one of the main reasons I am still a member on this forum after 4 years:thumbsup:

snowboard
04-15-2008, 04:28 PM
haha sick shit man
i cant believe shit people get mad over

94teg
04-15-2008, 04:31 PM
GOOD JOB RAGE!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lawyers are scum..... just as bad as a used car salesman....

:poosie: :poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

I hope your reading this!!!!

403Gemini
04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
haha sick shit man
i cant believe shit people get mad over

http://esum.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/serious.jpg

04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
:thumbsup: rage2:thumbsup:

If only I read the forums more often so I would have an idea of what was going on between you and Thaco.

jav_
04-15-2008, 04:37 PM
props:thumbsup:

max_boost
04-15-2008, 04:57 PM

LOL!! :rofl:

But yeah, Beyond.ca FTW!!

ZorroAMG
04-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Awwww......rage is sooooo sweeeeeeeet!

:D

JRSC00LUDE
04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Nicely done Rage2!

It doesn't surprise me at all though, I knew he was a class act/stand-up guy two seasons ago when he did some tuning for me. He didn't know me from a hole in the ground and went out of his way to help solve some unforeseen problems and was more accomodating than I likely deserved. He even helped me out another time after that at his own home and wouldn't even take any payment for it. Who does that for a stranger? A really nice guy, that's who. :thumbsup:

I was so impressed, I joined his forum!

sneek
04-15-2008, 08:33 PM
hahahhahahahaha I like the 3rd person about Rage2.

:rofl: Nicely done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ken.bryle21
04-15-2008, 08:40 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for rage and beyond

Donmega
04-15-2008, 08:47 PM
This is awesome! rage2 while this may seem like everyday work for you, its these little efforts that make this forum, city, nation, world a better place! im sure you get a lot of this, but this place is amazing!!

Rage2 for Prime minister!

....im also really buzzing. but thats how I make my point.

flavored vodka/rage2 FTW!

ricefarmer
04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
:thumbsup: to rage2 for not being a pussy and standing his ground!

:goflames:

sexualbanana
04-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Defamation on an internet forum! hahaha classic

I throw around allegations at plenty of people... I call at least 4 people a "homo" everyday on here, hope i dont get sued! ;)

You might want to be checking your mail....

Redlyne_jr
04-15-2008, 09:57 PM
props rage :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

blinkme_210
04-15-2008, 10:02 PM
:thumbsup: props rage!

DJ Lazy
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Props to rage2 for not being weaksauce, nor being a pussy!! :rofl:

GoChris
04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
nice job!

TomcoPDR
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM

:werd: oh snap, +1 knowing Rage2 will be protecting my JB rights :thumbsup:

icecreamvan
04-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Someone told me that the lawyer's first name is Tom, and he likes to go on cruises.

Toms-SC
04-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by icecreamvan
Someone told me that the lawyer's first name is Tom, and he likes to go on cruises.

Not I.

icecreamvan
04-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Not I.

Alright here's another clue.

His name rhymes with Parnold Schwarzenegger.

Redlyne_mr2
04-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:werd: oh snap, +1 knowing Rage2 will be protecting my JB rights :thumbsup:
hahaha

KRyn
04-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Nice work rage2!

<3

That.Guy.S30
04-16-2008, 12:24 AM

haha yea beyond CSI will be infront of your house WITH the cops.

Jason Lange
04-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

I think I'd have a hard time myself doing that if I'd spent $70k+ on a new car.

Why, wouldn't you want to get the most enjoyment out of it?

DonJuan
04-16-2008, 12:56 AM
good to know someone has our back! Thanks Rage2!

TeamBestBud
04-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I was so impressed, I joined his forum!

Thanks Rage:thumbsup: :poosie: ;)

KuruptEX
04-16-2008, 01:17 AM
rage2 For Prime Minister

btw what does rage2 mean?:dunno: :D

/////AMG
04-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
rage2 For Prime Minister

Google it!
:thumbsup: to rage and Beyond

Chester
04-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

haha yea beyond CSI will be infront of your house WITH the cops.

:rofl: I'll just have to call up my trusty lawyer.

SCHIDER23
04-16-2008, 10:05 AM
I said Rage2 For MAYOR :thumbsup: :thumbsup: great work at least we know that if we screw up we have backup.:thumbsup:

kamatayan
04-16-2008, 10:10 AM
mad props :thumbsup:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/Kingkalag/bravo_2.gif

mekeni
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
:love: :love: :love:

ecstasy_civic
04-16-2008, 05:53 PM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9007/kungfuxu9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fightin' back for the little guys since 02':thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kerry
04-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
rage2 For Prime Minister

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/images/library/product/large/06/060130022.jpg

It all started as a trip to Rona to get some supplies in building the Ark. Rage2 built the ark you know. Not Noah... anyways. At Rona he was thinking "fuck, I need to start another forum since I'm done writing the bible. What should I use for the URL".

He wanted something that would always be regarded as "more than" anything.. even heaven. So the name beyond was formed. His forum would always be BEYOND everything else on earth... another interesting tid bit of info is WWJD actually came from WWRD. What would rage do?

Anyways, after walking down the hardware aisles, he saw the circular saw blade above. Once he picked it up, the blade cut him. This was the first thing ever to be able to make rage2 bleed his own blood... kind of like Whyte Goodman from Dodgeball. No one makes rage2 bleed his own blood. Since this amazing blade was so sharp, he decided to name himself on beyond after it... kind of like superman's Kryptonite.

That's the story kids!

And remember, rage2 is the new Chuck Norris.

JordanAndrew
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by kerry

It all started as a trip to Rona to get some supplies in building the Ark. Rage2 built the ark you know. Not Noah... anyways. At Rona he was thinking &quot;fuck, I need to start another forum since I'm done writing the bible. What should I use for the URL&quot;.

He wanted something that would always be regarded as &quot;more than&quot; anything.. even heaven. So the name beyond was formed. His forum would always be BEYOND everything else on earth... another interesting tid bit of info is WWJD actually came from WWRD. What would rage do?

Anyways, after walking down the hardware aisles, he saw the circular saw blade above. Once he picked it up, the blade cut him. This was the first thing ever to be able to make rage2 bleed his own blood... kind of like Whyte Goodman from Dodgeball. No one makes rage2 bleed his own blood. Since this amazing blade was so sharp, he decided to name himself on beyond after it... kind of like superman's Kryptonite.

That's the story kids!

good story. :thumbsup:

403Gemini
04-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by kerry

It all started as a trip to Rona to get some supplies in building the Ark. Rage2 built the ark you know. Not Noah... anyways. At Rona he was thinking &quot;fuck, I need to start another forum since I'm done writing the bible. What should I use for the URL&quot;.

He wanted something that would always be regarded as &quot;more than&quot; anything.. even heaven. So the name beyond was formed. His forum would always be BEYOND everything else on earth... another interesting tid bit of info is WWJD actually came from WWRD. What would rage do?

That's the story kids!

I buy it.

badatusrnames
04-17-2008, 05:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streets_of_Rage_2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Streets_Of_Rage_2_-EUR-.PNG