PDA

View Full Version : SCAM - Free trip to Florida!

lelalong
04-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I just had the lamest scam attempted on me! I got a call from Jose informing me that I won a trip to Florida sponsored by Universal Studios. But I had to pay a one time registration fee of $500....hahahahahahahhaha

Clued in when he used the little used email address and fake birthdate I use to for some websites....too bad I didn't use a fake number....damn it.

01RedDX
04-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Supa Dexta
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
God damn cheese cake cafe keeps calling here trying to send us somewheres.... "ITS NOT A TIME SHARE!".. My girlfriend doesn't believe me when I tell her they don't give "2000 DOLLAR TRIP!"s away over the phone.. :rolleyes:

Donmega
04-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I just dealt with a scammer myself and I'm sure many of you have as well. This was more to humor myself in seeing whether or not he would respond. I replied to a car ad on autotrader for a ridiculously cheap car.

heres the response:

Hello,

And thank you for your email and interest in buying my 2005 Acura RL. The car is available for $6,200.00 CND. It is in very good condition,as you can see from the pics I sent you.

Features & Options...blah, blah, blah, etc...

Right now I am in Greece, in Athens,with my work and I'm gone stay here for 2 more years.The car it is here with me,but there will not be any problems in shipping to you.I brought the car here and was gone register it,but the law will not permit me so,the only option I have is to sell the car.It will be shipped from Athens, Greece.You will not have to pay additional taxes just the price for it.The delivery can take up to 10-14 business days until the car will arrive to you.You`l have to be home to sign the papers to receive it. I will insure the car,so if anything will happen on the way to you it will be covered.The total price you will have to pay with shipping included is $6,200.00 CND.So,please check the pics and get back to me as soon as you can and let me know if we can start the deal.

My best regards,
John

haha

Classic

shadowz
04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Lol same thing happened to my gf, she entered to win a trip at the Auto Show, and they keep calling asking for my CC

arian_ma
04-16-2008, 05:10 PM
We should start a thread:
"SCAM: Anyone trying to offer you anything for free"

Seriously guys come on.

dj_rice
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM
ha guys...

I have a free Quinn's car alarm I won at a car show, since I'm a nice guy I'll let it go for nothing...who wants?

jswankster
04-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I want it!! ^^

drtoohotty1
04-16-2008, 08:03 PM
if he doesnt then i want :)

Mckenzie
04-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I got one of those fishy phone calls and I ended up going to Orlando on Starwood's dime, did the timeshare thing and got out. All in all, for 7 nights in the Grand Caribe (a $250/ night hotel), 1 day at universal, movie for 2, dinner for two, including flight, and their 'fee' of $230, the trip was just under $1100 each.

Not all of them are scams....just the ones from the sex show, etc.

BoostMonkey
04-17-2008, 01:50 AM
My mom keeps getting a call from someone saying they won a trip on a cruise or something to florida and somewhere else and i think it was something with universal studios? all you would have to pay is like $2XX + tax then the next 2 people are free or something... anyone else getting this call as of lately?

iggyca
04-17-2008, 01:55 AM
ya i got one of those but they tell u that u have to be a US resident.. y the fuck u calling canada then and wasting my fucking time hahaha

alloroc
04-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Hehe:

This is what you do ...

Send a letter back:

Dear John this car is perfect for me and I am very exicted to buy it.
Unfortunatley I can only send you a Money order but my bank charges me $500.00 CND. Please send me a money order for $500 to cover this along with your postal contact information and then I will be able to send you one back for the full amount.

Originally posted by Donmega
I just dealt with a scammer myself and I'm sure many of you have as well. This was more to humor myself in seeing whether or not he would respond. I replied to a car ad on autotrader for a ridiculously cheap car.

heres the response:

Hello,

And thank you for your email and interest in buying my 2005 Acura RL. The car is available for $6,200.00 CND. It is in very good condition,as you can see from the pics I sent you.

Features & Options...blah, blah, blah, etc...

Right now I am in Greece, in Athens,with my work and I'm gone stay here for 2 more years.The car it is here with me,but there will not be any problems in shipping to you.I brought the car here and was gone register it,but the law will not permit me so,the only option I have is to sell the car.It will be shipped from Athens, Greece.You will not have to pay additional taxes just the price for it.The delivery can take up to 10-14 business days until the car will arrive to you.You`l have to be home to sign the papers to receive it. I will insure the car,so if anything will happen on the way to you it will be covered.The total price you will have to pay with shipping included is $6,200.00 CND.So,please check the pics and get back to me as soon as you can and let me know if we can start the deal.

My best regards,
John

haha

Classic

ZorroAMG
04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
hahahaha fuck yeah, scamming a scammer is FTW.

Eleanor
04-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
We should start a thread:
"SCAM: Anyone trying to offer you anything for free"

Seriously guys come on.

:werd: x2

lelalong
04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by BoostMonkey
My mom keeps getting a call from someone saying they won a trip on a cruise or something to florida and somewhere else and i think it was something with universal studios? all you would have to pay is like $2XX + tax then the next 2 people are free or something... anyone else getting this call as of lately?

Read my intro post...

The operator named Jose was very cheery..."give me your money" happy