PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy from The Gallery

mrjay1987
04-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Has anyone heard anything good/bad from them?

Any beyonders work there?

ONS
04-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Haven't dealt with them personally, but a friend bought an Infiniti QX4 from them. They gave him an inspection report saying everything was fine with the truck. They come with a 30 day guarantee or something like that... anyways the truck had a leak in the gas tank, but near the top so it only leaked when it was above 3/4 full. They brought the truck in once, said they put a new filler line in and that it was fixed. The problem came back a couple weeks later after the 30 days was up. He also ended up having to replace the alternator and part of the exhaust system within 6 mos.

Perhaps he just got unlucky, but they buy alot of their vehicles wholesale or from auctions (from what I understand), so I'd definately be cautious.

arian_ma
04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
The Gallery as in the former Hotwheels?
Stay away, stay far faaaar away.

b18cr
04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
a friend of mine bought a car also, came with thier 200 point inspection or somethin like that that costed an extra $300, which said everything was all perfect with this car.. so he bought it, and the day we picked it up we went cruisin around.. and we hear this loud noise as if something were scrapping the ground so we pulled over and noticed that that piece, (its plastic i forgot what its called) it runs just under bumper connects to the inner skirting and jus the front end basicly.. it wasnt even held on with anything. no bolts, no clips, if there was a clip it was prolee one and it snapped off..

a week later after driving normally, the engine light goes on.. brought it back.. having that 30 day warranty on it.. it turns out the car needs a new o2 sensor.. which the 30 day warranty does not cover...

thats his experience with gallery..

al-ti2d
04-16-2008, 11:41 PM
do a search on beyond for Hotwheels and The Gallery of Fine Cars (same company)

they've got a pretty bad reputation for being shady

mrjay1987
04-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Okay, well that wasn't the response I was looking to here.

I guess I have to bring my own mechanic to do an inspection. If it goes bad, off to another dealership I go. Know any other places with EP3's? I've checked autotrader and the colours are mmm...ok?

Moe Man
04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ONS

but they buy alot of their vehicles wholesale or from auctions (from what I understand), so I'd definately be cautious.

what dealership doesnt....were do you think dealerships buy cars from???? they dont come knocking on your door asking if you want to sell your car.

gallary get there cars from the east. anyone that knows a thing or two about cars already figured that out.

nbaker00
04-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Yea we've all heard bad things about them guys

Eleanor
04-17-2008, 10:02 AM
From everything I've heard, stay far far away.

aklalani
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
stay away from them. your better off purchasing a vehicle privately and getting it inspected yourself

mrjay1987
04-17-2008, 10:48 AM
:closed: I don't think I will buy from them anytime soon. Thanks!

analbumcover
04-17-2008, 11:03 AM
whats your price range for an ep3?

Weapon_R
04-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ONS
Haven't dealt with them personally, but a friend bought an Infiniti QX4 from them. They gave him an inspection report saying everything was fine with the truck. They come with a 30 day guarantee or something like that...

Funny enough, I also know a guy who bought a QX4 from there and had his engine blow within the 30 day warranty. From what I know, he's still trying to get reimbursed for the rebuild (at around 4k...ouch)

canuckcarguy
04-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey, are they selling the 30 day warranty? Like, you buy the inspection and you get the 30 day warranty? I think that's illegal - as far as I know, you're not allowed to sell warranties you cover yourself unless you're a licensed insurance company (not broker, but company). You should look into that, if they screw you over, a threat to report them to the insurance bureau might buy you some leverage...

This doesn't apply if the warranty is free, or if it's covered by a licensed warranty company.

Accord_tunerx
04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
i bought an qx4 from them nothing wrong it was ok they do seem kinda shady when i bought it, i took it to infiniti for inspection so i think you should do the same

redline_13000
04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Yup, buddy of mine also bought a vehicle from there, 6cd changer didnt work, they wouldnt fix it within his warranty(it was broken right when he got it home) and his engine blew up on the highway oil all over the place, didnt bother fixing it for him either. He had a supposed warranty as well:thumbsdow

From all the things i have seen and heard of, I wouldnt take a car from them for free!

BlueGoblin
04-18-2008, 08:39 AM
I was in there a while ago looking at a Boxster. The salesman was adamant that it was a 'local car', bought new in Calgary, not from down east or the US. It had a speedo in Kilometers, but something didn't seem right. He seemed to know a fair amount about the car's history, but of course there was no documentation.

I found the manufacturer's spec plate behind the door, and sure enough, the GVWR and all other specs were in pounds alone and not kilograms. As soon as I saw that, I didn't have to say anything at all before the cockroach in a cheap suit started in with a new story about how it was brought up brand new from the US, had a metric speedo fitted before it had any miles on the US one, and had otherwise been around Calgary all its life.

Stay far, far away... I would not buya pencil from there let alone a car.

G-ZUS
04-18-2008, 09:02 AM
what a bunch of cunts, they had an ad for rims in the trader, so I call them up and yeah they have a couple sets in 5x114.3. So I head down there and all they have is 1 set of curbed stock rims from a 97 MAxima and they want $600 with no rubber.

drtoohotty1
04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by nbaker00
I've heard ALL there cars come from out east.
I also have heard they buy salvage cars down in the states and bring them up...
Just a rumour from someone that knew someone that worked there.

All that stuff is 100% true I’ve seen them at the ogden train yard ALOT picking up cars from the Toronto area, i had a friend buy a car from them that was from the east nothing but problems. Back when they were hot wheels auto they would get Bad Boyz across the way to write up fake inspections that said the cars were fine! Also talking to the owner he actually admitted to me that a car was brought back recently that was a salvage title. Stay As Far Away As Possible!

:burnout: :burnout:
:burnout: :burnout:

rc2002
04-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Says a lot that the former hotwheels staff (there are quite a few of them on beyond) aren't even defending themselves.

sexualbanana
04-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Are you looking to buy The Game's Escalade?? lol

Archea
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I went to deal with them to look at an sir they had...

seriously shady seeming company.

The guy was more focused on my boobs then selling me a car.

I have heard some pretty bad things from them....

403Gemini
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Archea
I went to deal with them to look at an sir they had...

seriously shady seeming company.

I have heard some pretty bad things from them....

awesome... got pics?

badatusrnames
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM

Gonna need proof that would be the case...

drtoohotty1
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Pics or Ban :D

TomcoPDR
04-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by drtoohotty1

Pics or Ban :D

+1000000000 boobies :love:

403Gemini
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
You guys are all pigs...

Archea, you dont have to post them here. Just pm them or email them to me. Thanks

badatusrnames
04-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
You guys are all pigs...

Archea, you dont have to post them here. Just pm them or email them to me. Thanks

I see what you're trying to do there...

403Gemini
04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Look, I promise i won't post them in Ask Leo... :devil:

GT4rally
04-18-2008, 10:32 PM
I knew these guys where scum before I went there, but they had the only C36 AMG in the city... so I called and made an appointment for a test drive.

I got there, on time, and it's up on the service rack. The guy said I couldn't drive it 'cause the inspection wasn't done yet (yeah right). He said come back tomorow, it'll be ready for sure.

So I go back the next day and the car is out back of the store with the air box on the driver's seat and the under part of the dash ripped appart. I asked WTF? and the guy said sorry we are waiting for a headlight relay from the US... yeah right, for the air box?

I was pissed, but I went back a few days later and the guy has the nerve to tell me I need to make a soild offer before I can drive it!!!! Can you believe this shit? Before I even drive it and after all his BS? :eek: These guys are really in dream land.

Anyway I wanted to drive it so I BS'd an offer and the scum bag wanted me to SIGN a contract! :eek: I got up, and was about to leave, and he finally agreed to let me take it out. He also talked about a bunch of "manditory fees" that are not negotiable, which added up to around $1500... I can tell you I wouldn't be paying them. :nut:

The car was junk, as I had suspected, about $8,000 over-priced, and it only had 85,000km on it... probably rolled back.

Seriously, I don't think they could be more scummy if the tried.

RUN AWAY FROM THE GALLERY OF "FINE" CARS!!!!! :guns:

dawson13
04-20-2008, 01:52 PM
ya actually did work for them for a while if you do mean gallery of fine cars

and let me tell you after being a shop tech and detailer i couldnt believe the thing that went on there never pay any money for the cars they have they may look nice but there mostly bagged to shit

EK 2.0
04-20-2008, 02:02 PM
tsk, tsk, tsk....you lot and your sad attempts at getting some boobie pictures...

mpl
05-25-2008, 11:03 PM
shady company !!
went there deal with them...
they wanted me to put the deposit for the inspection (told them if i want it i will take it to a dealership) BEFORE i do a quick test drive...stay away from them!!!!

me&you
05-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by mpl
shady company !!
went there deal with them...
they wanted me to put the deposit for the inspection (told them if i want it i will take it to a dealership) BEFORE i do a quick test drive...stay away from them!!!!

Not that I'm defending the Gallery at all, but...

This alone does not make a dealer shady. With the type of inventory these guys carry, you can only imagine they're a magnet for every dreamer/fan-boy/never-could-afford-it-but-want-to-drive-anyway deuche out there.

Not saying you are one of said deuches mpl, but I bet for every serious shopper through their doors, they get 10 others that want to joyride, with no intention (or means) to buy.

Asking for a deposit prior to driving is not a necessarily shaddy (MB, BMW and even Bentley are known to do this)... it's when the vehicle fails the inspection and they keep the deposit anyways where the shadiness begins (have they done that?).

A790
05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
I bought a 99 SiR from Hotwheelz, nothing bad at all. Great car actually. Maybe I got lucky.

InLoveWitRSX
05-26-2008, 08:43 AM
my friend bought a 5th gen lude from there and it turned out he had something wrong with the piston or something... oil would just disapear into thin air..

stay far away!

Destinova403
05-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX
my friend bought a 5th gen lude from there and it turned out he had something wrong with the piston or something... oil would just disapear into thin air..

stay far away!

we actually tend to burn it away... its kinda normal. but yeah closest iv ever come to the gallery is going in and looking at their cars, thought they were kinda over-priced

GT4rally
05-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by me&you

This alone does not make a dealer shady. With the type of inventory these guys carry, you can only imagine they're a magnet for every dreamer/fan-boy/never-could-afford-it-but-want-to-drive-anyway deuche out there.

Not saying you are one of said deuches mpl, but I bet for every serious shopper through their doors, they get 10 others that want to joyride, with no intention (or means) to buy.

Asking for a deposit prior to driving is not a necessarily shaddy (MB, BMW and even Bentley are known to do this)... it's when the vehicle fails the inspection and they keep the deposit anyways where the shadiness begins (have they done that?).

I'd say that the "dreamer/test driver's" are just the nature of the business --especially with the kind of cars that Gallery is selling.

If anyone asked me for a deposit before a test drive (BMW and Benz included) I'd laugh in thier face, spin on my heel, and take my business elswhere! That is most definitely SHADY!

R!zz0
05-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man

what dealership doesnt....were do you think dealerships buy cars from???? they dont come knocking on your door asking if you want to sell your car.

Actually some people that work at T&T Honda do that. They're always looking in a bargain finder.

My buddy just bought a 98 prelude from the gallery and 2nd day of ownership, the transmission went on it. They paid for it though...They had to.

Graham_A_M
05-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GT4rally

If anyone asked me for a deposit before a test drive (BMW and Benz included) I'd laugh in thier face, spin on my heel, and take my business elswhere! That is most definitely SHADY!
Thats what T&T Honda did when I was looking at a Z4 they had there. I'm still in my mid 20's so they may have been sick of the test rides that comes with the younger crowd:dunno:
but I wouldn't downplay them as "shady" just because of that.

InLoveWitRSX
05-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

we actually tend to burn it away... its kinda normal. but yeah closest iv ever come to the gallery is going in and looking at their cars, thought they were kinda over-priced

oh does the oil dissapear? cause his wasnt even burning or leaking, the oil just disappeared, it was wierd.

mpl
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by me&you

paid money (over $100) before test drive a used car?? something wrong here. are you (me&you) going to paid the dealership an inspection fee before you even try the car?? thats what they told me. they said they going to take the car to the dealership for an inspection (on my expense) and then let me "try" that car.
i didnt walk around there .. i didnt even look at other cars that they got... im really in the market of that car. after i talk with the manager i just told them im going to take my business somewhere else.. i really dont care.. walked away
btw. im sure im going to get my new used car soon.

Destinova403
05-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX

oh does the oil dissapear? cause his wasnt even burning or leaking, the oil just disappeared, it was wierd.

it was probably slowly slowly burning off... same thing seems to happen in a lot of ludes its a common problem. just like the carbon buildup. i cant smell the oil burning and my levels go down slowly. its the car slowly burning it away... something about the valves... T&T told me there was nothing they could do and it was a common problem, and i would be wasting my money chasing it.

me&you
05-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by mpl

paid money (over $100) before test drive a used car?? something wrong here. are you (me&you) going to paid the dealership an inspection fee before you even try the car?? thats what they told me. they said they going to take the car to the dealership for an inspection (on my expense) and then let me "try" that car.
i didnt walk around there .. i didnt even look at other cars that they got... im really in the market of that car. after i talk with the manager i just told them im going to take my business somewhere else.. i really dont care.. walked away
btw. im sure im going to get my new used car soon.

If I was legitimately interested in a new or used car, I would have no problem putting down a deposit prior to a test drive. Afterall, it is just a deposit... if something is not right, you get your money back. Though you are right, they seemed to get ahead of themselves by talking PPI before you even drove the car.

analbumcover
06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
ha guys

arian_ma
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I love how my "opinion" is right at the top of this thread. I hope I don't get sued.

nbaker00
06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Haha, i assume you guys saw the thread on the homepage?

KuruptEX
06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
Haha, i assume you guys saw the thread on the homepage?

beyond is getting sued ur a beyonder im getting sued because im a beyonder my parents might get sued they raised a beyonder damn:(