PDA

View Full Version : windows XP help

itsalebaron
08-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of those annoying messages that keep poping up? I have never had XP before and its very annoying

thanks ahead of time

kevie88
08-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Which messages?

AquamosH
08-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Which messages?

:werd: I don't get any msgs on XP. What do they say?

HK2NR
08-14-2003, 06:27 PM
go start then run
type in services.msc

scroll till you find messenger, right click that and go properties. Change start up type to disabled.

go apply and that's it

itsalebaron
08-14-2003, 06:35 PM
AWESOME thanks man

this can be deleted now

kevie88
08-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by HK2NR
go start then run
type in services.msc

scroll till you find messenger, right click that and go properties. Change start up type to disabled.

go apply and that's it

That'll stop unwanted popups coming in from the internet :thumbsup: You should be running some sort of a firewall to block that kinda shiz as well..

HK2NR
08-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

You should be running some sort of a firewall to block that kinda shiz as well.. :werd:

itsalebaron
08-14-2003, 06:56 PM
HMMM that didnt stop the messages that I wanted to stop, maybe this will help

Transmits net send and Alerter service messages between clients and servers. This service is not related to Windows Messenger. If this service is stopped, Alerter messages will not be transmitted. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

Now how would one stop the "windows messager"?

EstoMax
08-14-2003, 07:01 PM
windows messenger... is an instant messanging program, that comes with windows, basically the same thing as msn messenger... you want to stop it from starting up when you turn on the computer? you're confusing us man give us more details

itsalebaron
08-14-2003, 07:28 PM
They are like little pop ups that appear in what looks like a regular window. All the font is just the same for all of them they are advertising a bunch of shit like popup blickers etc. now they do not come up in internet explorer type pop ups with color etc ..

I dont really know how else to explain it

EstoMax
08-14-2003, 11:14 PM
that must be the messenger service...
go start > run > services.msc (read hk2nr's post thats what he said..) then scroll down to messenger and double click it, stop it, and disable it for startup

max

Speed_RaSiR
08-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR
go start then run
type in services.msc

go apply and that's it

Do exactly this