PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Calgary that are an *experience*

Pages : [1] 2

the_fornicator
04-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what restuarants in the downtown core are worth going to? Doesn't have to be the most expensive or exclusive place in Calgary, but definitely has to be above-average.

Clues? Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
W

ExtraSlow
04-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Head to the Laurier for the fondue dinner. Not cheap at about $95 for two, but it's three courses, and it'll impress your date.

89coupe
04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Head to the Laurier for the fondue dinner. Not cheap at about $95 for two, but it's three courses, and it'll impress your date.

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

E46..sTyLez
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

big spender..

89coupe
04-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Some places I would recommend that have great menus and an upscale feel.

Blink
Tribune
Divino Wine & Cheese Bistro
The Living Room
Bistro Twenty Two Ten

I enjoyed them all.

anarchy
04-17-2008, 11:59 AM
+1 for Blink. We went there for dining week and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere there.

I forget what the pricing was there (it was decent during dining week) but I think it's a bit above-average pricing.

The pumpkin soup was delicious!

Weapon_R
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Post up your T4s so we can see how rich you are :love:

porscha.911
04-17-2008, 12:08 PM
+1 for bistro twenty two ten

89coupe
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Post up your T4s so we can see how rich you are :love:

I'm just a poor schmuck with expensive habits.:bigpimp:

HondaRice
04-17-2008, 12:43 PM
not in downtown but border downtown

tazaa -bridgeland
desert cafe - forestlawn

Euro_Trash
04-17-2008, 12:45 PM

Yaaaaaaayyy :clap: :clap:

bigboom
04-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
+1 for Blink. We went there for dining week and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere there.

I forget what the pricing was there (it was decent during dining week) but I think it's a bit above-average pricing.

The pumpkin soup was delicious!

-1 for blink...its one place i dont think ill go back to, above average pricing for everything and the food was terrible the time i went.

stunta666
04-17-2008, 12:54 PM

LOL, $95 for two at lunch. Is this not including food or water?

Are you some pathetic kid who lives with his mommy and daddy?

My breakfast tab for just me is $95 and i don't even eat breakfast.

I'm giving away $100 bills if anyone needs any, I got no room in my wallet cause of the $1000 bills i only carry.

The_1
04-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

-1 for blink...its one place i dont think ill go back to, above average pricing for everything and the food was terrible the time i went.

:werd: -2 for blink
been there twice and both time the food was terrible
check out Catch
Went there last week and the food was great

Kritafo
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
guess that depends on what *experience* means.

I mean...not that the food is out of this world cause it's not...but the tower does have a nice view for out of towners

La Paella is nice...they have a nice lunch menu

La Caille On The Bow
and as mentioned. Divino
Centini
river cafe

ekguy
04-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Morocan Castle in Kensington somewhere.

ExtraSlow
04-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Yeah, that's just the food, doesn't include a bottle of wine or anything.
And, I'm not a student anymore, but I do live by a budget. I need to save my cash for hookers and blow.

ctruo
04-17-2008, 01:08 PM

lol, you bigggg spenda, sorry but not everyone get mommy and daddy to get them a g35, plus we don't get them to pay for our lunch tooo!!

Justing
04-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by stunta666

LOL, $95 for two at lunch. Is this not including food or water?

Are you some pathetic kid who lives with his mommy and daddy?

My breakfast tab for just me is $95 and i don't even eat breakfast.

I'm giving away $100 bills if anyone needs any, I got no room in my wallet cause of the $1000 bills i only carry.

lol $95 for breakfast that you dont even eat? does that not include juice and coffee?

do you live at the homeless shelter?

I piss 100 (dolla dolla bills y'all) when i wake up, before i even think about breakfast

on a serious note, when its nice out go to River Cafe, it's a nice walk to the restaurant and you can walk through the park after dinner.

i like murietas as well, i like the atmosphere, uber old building and it used to be a bank waaay back when (so i was told)

89coupe
04-17-2008, 01:10 PM

Yes, how many $100's do you have, I will take them all. Thats a lunch a day for me.:rofl:

me&you
04-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
guess that depends on what *experience* means.

I mean...not that the food is out of this world cause it's not...but the tower does have a nice view for out of towners

La Paella is nice...they have a nice lunch menu

La Caille On The Bow
and as mentioned. Divino
Centini
river cafe

La Caille hasn't been around for some time now.

Kritafo
04-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I totally forgot it's gone.. I was just asking myself why we hadn't gone in a while..

stunta666
04-17-2008, 01:36 PM

Yes, how many $100's do you have, I will take them all. Thats a lunch a day for me.:rofl:

I got lots but i changed them all in for money orders in the amount of $500.00 so all you have to do is give me $400.00 cash and i'll give you the money order for $500. Let me know I'll send one of my many drivers in one of my many luxurious cars to meet one of your drivers. I surely hope you have drivers, because where i come from you are merely a peasant if you drive your own car.

clockworkboy3
04-17-2008, 01:39 PM
-1 for Morocan Castle TERRIBLE sad excuse for a menu and the food outright sucks and is over priced...been about 2 years since I ate there.

me&you
04-17-2008, 02:31 PM

I got lots but i changed them all in for money orders in the amount of $500.00 so all you have to do is give me $400.00 cash and i'll give you the money order for $500. Let me know I'll send one of my many drivers in one of my many luxurious cars to meet one of your drivers. I surely hope you have drivers, because where i come from you are merely a peasant if you drive your own car.

Where I come from, the peasants have drivers. I have a pilot!

I've only been back to the old La Caille once, so I don't remember what else is there now, but "8" was a disappointment. Too bad, because that is a location that would qualify as an "experience".

I would recommend going to River Cafe.

Daft99
04-17-2008, 03:14 PM

Really? Amazing... and all you can afford to drive is a G35?
A shame, really.

It might be best to hold your juvenile comments for when you are not in the company of post-pubescent teens.

ekguy
04-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by clockworkboy3
-1 for Morocan Castle TERRIBLE sad excuse for a menu and the food outright sucks and is over priced...been about 2 years since I ate there.

i went only a few months ago. Menu is small but so is alot of expensive restaurants and it's a nice atmosphere for a date i.e. you get to be pretty secluded and by yourselves. Food was amazing when I went. Maybe it's hit and miss there who knows.

Murietta's is also quite awesome went there for new years eve. Got a tad bit pricey though haha.

XylathaneGTR
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM

This is you, isn't it?
http://www.veradio.com/blog/serg_ballin.jpg

stunta666
04-17-2008, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by me&you
[B]

Where I come from, the peasants have drivers. I have a pilot!

You got me there! We should get together and smoke $1000 bills together while we laugh at people who can only afford to spend $95 for lunch.

max_boost
04-17-2008, 03:35 PM
LOL WTF you guys........

-3 for Blink. Went when it first opened and hated it. I've heard that it's better now but who knows.

Do we have any actual high end, fine dining restaurants in Calgary?!

I heard quite a few people like Il Sogno.

89coupe
04-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

This is you, isn't it?

I am much better looking then that...LOL

I posted some other great money wasting experiences here.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/152820/the-performance-shop-crews-night-at-pure-nightclub-in-las-vegas-vip-style/

and here

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/186824/my-silver-star-mountain-biking-trip/

me&you
04-17-2008, 03:48 PM

I am much better looking then that...LOL

I posted some other great money wasting experiences here.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/152820/the-performance-shop-crews-night-at-pure-nightclub-in-las-vegas-vip-style/

and here

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/186824/my-silver-star-mountain-biking-trip/

You're older than I thought you would be. In that case, you should be dropping at least $150 on lunches and driving something much better than a G35...

Euro_Trash
04-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by me&you

You're older than I thought you would be. In that case, you should be dropping at least $150 on lunches and driving something much better than a G35...

I hate to be a dick, but I agree. Parading around quite a bit for 30+

89coupe
04-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by me&you

What do mean, I don't look 25???:cry:

Oh yah, what do you suggest I drive?

LOL, this thread has gone down hill.:rofl:

RaDuS
04-17-2008, 03:53 PM
go to the metro

89coupe
04-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
LOL WTF you guys........

-3 for Blink. Went when it first opened and hated it. I've heard that it's better now but who knows.

What don't you like about Blink? The menu has changed since it first opened in case you were wondering.

I think Calgary is lacking in high end fine dining for the simple fact that Calgarians in general are cheap mother fuckers who haven't adjusted to big city living yet. Its slowly changing but a long ways away from cities like Montreal or Vancouver, Canada wise.

max_boost
04-17-2008, 04:35 PM
^^^

It probably experienced all the same issues for a restaurant just opening. So so food, terrible service etc. 18% tip included on a bill with 5 people? WTF! We left 10% and walked.

I'm sure it's a lot better now.

Yeah, this thread has gone downhill fast.

dragonone
04-17-2008, 05:08 PM

i agree

just 'cause it's expensive doesn't mean shit
i don't agree with the fact that calgarian's are cheap though, i think most of them (us) have no expectations and somehow mood lighting, minimalist construction, great server, $$$$ menu = high end dining:dunno:

the food's great in calgary, but nowhere near spectacular or exotic
definitely not an 'experience'

if you want high end fly over somewhere else and fly back after dinner lol

dannie
04-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Catch: Great Seafood
DiVinos: Awesome Salmon dish and their wine list is fabulous
River Cafe: Beautiful surroundings
Chili Club Thai House on 11th: Not super fancy or expensive, but frikkin good!!!!!
Tribune: Appetizers are awesome there
Piq Niq: Their chef just won best chef in Calgary
Murrietas: Nice to go after work on a Friday
Alloy: Not really downtown but close and AMAZING
Mercato on 4th: Best Italian Food in the city
Wildwood on 4th: They have a wild game menu
Bistro 2210: Awesome lunch Menu
Red Door Bisto: Great seafood platters
Teatros: Their tasting menu is awesome
Muse (Kensington): I have yet to be disappointed with anything from here. One of the BEST in my opinion

5hift
04-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Daft99

Really? Amazing... and all you can afford to drive is a G35?
A shame, really.

It might be best to hold your juvenile comments for when you are not in the company of post-pubescent teens.

its a g35 with nav and the tech package, get it right.

who the fuck lists their car's options in their sig?

I'm surprised it doesnt say "Paid off Condo" somewhere on the sig as well.

stunta666
04-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

its a g35 with nav and the tech package, get it right.

who the fuck lists their car's options in their sig?

I'm surprised it doesnt say "Paid off Condo" somewhere on the sig as well.

You wanna know who the fuck list's their options in their sig, a guy who drops $95 on lunch and thats probably before drinks and tip. And im pretty sure we can assume his condo is paid off.
Your my hero 89 coupe!

Dycker
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
The Bear's Den - Bearspaw

Super good food and atmosphere. Great wine menu (has won best wine selection in the past from some wine magazine) but pricey. Around $400 for two. It's definitely an experience... every one or two years.

89coupe
04-17-2008, 07:57 PM

Your my hero 89 coupe!

Haha...I see that. So much so you added me as your sig. :rofl:

Too bad you can't spell.

stunta666
04-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Let me guess you got spell check in your Diamond Graphite 07 G35Sport with Nav and Tech package and it alerted you to my mistake. What are they gonna come up with next, cars that have radio controls in the steering wheel. That would be some crazy shit. :eek:

badatusrnames
04-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Let me guess you got spell check in your Diamond Graphite 07 G35Sport with Nav and Tech package and it alerted you to my mistake. What are they gonna come up with next, cars that have radio controls in the steering wheel. That would be some crazy shit. :eek:

It was overplayed after the first one and not funny at all anymore. The OP was trying to get some good information and you started to spew your diarrhea in the thread. Your "jokes" suck too.

To the OP, Rouge in Kensington isn't bad. Best chocolate dessert I've ever had.

gpomp
04-17-2008, 09:07 PM

Haha...I see that. So much so you added me as your sig. :rofl:

Too bad you can't spell. you are my fucking hero.

i can only dream of the day when i turn 35 so i can brag to 16 year old kids on the internet about my pathetic life.

89coupe
04-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
you are my fucking hero.

You too. Fuck'n eh!:rofl:

XylathaneGTR
04-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Someone mentioned Piq Niq in this thread...
+1 to that for sure...

89coupe? Why is it that you seek validation from an internet forum that as gpomp said, is full of 16 year olds?

89coupe
04-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Someone mentioned Piq Niq in this thread...
+1 to that for sure...

89coupe? Why is it that you seek validation from an internet forum that as gpomp said, is full of 16 year olds?

Cause its entertainment...LOL

GTS Jeff
04-17-2008, 09:22 PM

Are you guys all students on a budget or something? $95 buys me groceries for about a week.

rmk
04-17-2008, 09:22 PM
89coupe is no baller. The ballers on here lurk with no profile info given.

sneek
04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
-1 for the tribune. Took forever to get drinks + food. Waiter spilled drink on me...but at least I didn't uppercut him.

gpomp
04-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
$95 buys me groceries for about a week. LOL, $95 for a week's groceries pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any food or something?

Are you a nutrition student on a budget or something?

I spend $95 in groceries per day.

GTS Jeff
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rmk
89coupe is no baller. The ballers on here lurk with no profile info given. :werd:

89 is a ghetto fabulous shithead. Look at that poor ass piece of shit buying used DVDs:

http://forums.beyond.ca/usertrade.php?s=&action=show&rateuser=153

He can't even afford to buy a few cheap new DVDs, as if he can afford to eat $95 lunches. :bullshit: If I were you, I'd be careful around 89coupe. That skeezy pauper would probably try to thieve your wallet...

Weapon_R
04-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

I spend $95 in groceries per day.

89coupe spends $95 in groceries per hour. You sound like a brokeass bitch.

Dj_Stylz
04-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Pimpin ain't easy.

ricosuave
04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by sneek
- Waiter spilled drink on me...but at least I didn't uppercut him.

saaaaaaawishhhhhhhhhh! :nut:

max_boost
04-17-2008, 10:47 PM
haha WTF, there is so much hating against 89coupe, he's taking it pretty well though. LOL

:rofl:

Commanderwiggin
04-17-2008, 11:01 PM
+1 For Mercato

icecreamvan
04-17-2008, 11:02 PM

Cause its entertainment...LOL

Too bad you can't spell.

ctruo
04-17-2008, 11:19 PM

"I am the one in the punisher T shirt" lol... ur a shit head! Your doomed for epic failure, your attitude ain't gonna get you anywhere after your inheritance runs dry.

89coupe
04-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ctruo
[url]your attitude ain't gonna get you anywhere after your inheritance runs dry.

LOL, WTF are you talking about???

Inheritance?:rofl:

stunta666
04-17-2008, 11:25 PM
My bad for postin all this shit in this thread, but i just couldn't resist with a post like that. To 89Coupe i hope we can one day get along.

Justing
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM

based on 98% of his posts on this forum, it's clear that he has an extremely small penis

civicluva
04-17-2008, 11:34 PM
try antonio's garlic clove on 4th street

89coupe
04-17-2008, 11:35 PM
My bad for postin all this shit in this thread, but i just couldn't resist with a post like that. To 89Coupe i hope we can one day get along.

Hey, I'm your fucking hero, post away kid.:rofl:

icecreamvan
04-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

stunta666
04-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Last one. When i grow up i wanna be just like my hero and drive a Diamond Graphite 07 G35Sport with Nav and Tech package, spend $95 for lunch's, go to vegas and take pictures with as many girls as possible especially the ugly ones and last but not least come onto beyond and put down all the losers who think $95 for dinner is expensive.

Euro_Trash
04-18-2008, 07:59 AM
This:

Diamond Graphite 07 G35Sport with Nav and Tech package

Plus this:

http://www.performance-shop.com/vegas/DSCF0022.JPG

Plus this:

http://www.performance-shop.com/vegas/DSCF0044.JPG

Equals:

4JMOh-cul6M

analbumcover
04-18-2008, 08:36 AM
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4823/walmartshoesyl1.jpg

89coupe
04-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
This:

Plus this:

Plus this:

I prefer this chick. :thumbsup:

http://www.performance-shop.com/vegas/DSCF0052.JPG

89coupe
04-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover
I don't know what Vans are.

Those are Vans son. I love my Vans.;)

analbumcover
04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Mens&SLC=MensAthletics&BLC=MensPromoSkate&Width=Wide&ItemCode=56024&LotNumber=054011&Type=Adult&Popularity=190&DescriptiveColor=Tan

http://www.payless.com/Images/300x300/054011_1_300x300.jpg

LOL - I think you're paying too much for lunches if you're rockin those

QuasarCav
04-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I love this thread!

Kritafo
04-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dycker
The Bear's Den - Bearspaw

Super good food and atmosphere. Great wine menu (has won best wine selection in the past from some wine magazine) but pricey. Around $400 for two. It's definitely an experience... every one or two years.

I love Bears Den, but they were asking for Downtown area...and Bears Den..well it's almost out of the city...but I love their food, its unbelievable and I highly, highly recommend it. It's usually the restaurant we take family when they come into town.

01RedDX
04-18-2008, 10:42 AM

KRyn
04-18-2008, 10:51 AM
This thread is fucking hilarious.

Post stupid shit and you are going to get stupid ass replies. Oh well, at least it's good for a laugh.

89coupe
04-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
I

Seriously, all you jealous bustas should leave 89Coupe alone. Nothing wrong with putting details of what you drive on a car forum.

I should put this in my sig: Nighthawk Black Pearl 07 Civic DX-G w/ 16" Alloy Wheel Package

Yeah no. :(

You should have seen my old sig. My new sig is much more tame ;)

89 Turbocharged Mustang Coupe - 592rwhp - 665ft/lbs TQ at 14.7psi Click to view --> My Car Stats (http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=18059)

GOOGLE ME (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=turbocharged+mustang&meta=)

01RedDX
04-18-2008, 11:10 AM

badatusrnames
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by the_fornicator
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what restuarants in the downtown core are worth going to? Doesn't have to be the most expensive or exclusive place in Calgary, but definitely has to be above-average.

Clues? Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
W

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/RTBrooke/hijack.gif

BerserkerCatSplat
04-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I think he should sell his G35 and get a BMW, he'd fit in better.

stunta666
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/RTBrooke/hijack.gif

That's hands down the funniest pic in this thread!! I literally laughed out loud when i seen it.

5hift
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM

Seriously, all you jealous bustas should leave 89Coupe alone. Nothing wrong with putting details of what you drive on a car forum.

I should put this in my sig: Nighthawk Black Pearl 07 Civic DX-G w/ 16" Alloy Wheel Package

Yeah no. :(

You should have seen my old sig. My new sig is much more tame ;)

89 Turbocharged Mustang Coupe - 592rwhp - 665ft/lbs TQ at 14.7psi Click to view --> My Car Stats (http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=18059)

GOOGLE ME (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=turbocharged+mustang&meta=)

haha this isn't my first account man

been around long enough to remember one of the fastest mustangs in the world

but let the n00bs have their fun :)

Pretty sure most people know about his mustang. Its one thing to be proud of the performance stats of a car you built. Its another thing to list the options of a stock car.

When you attempt to tie in your financial situation and personal belongings to every thread though, all it shows is insecurity. We are all happy for you in your office job and big spending (wasting)habits. But as someone already mentioned, the real ballers on Beyond let their money talk for them, they dont need to remind you in every thread.

89coupe
04-18-2008, 03:16 PM

When you attempt to tie in your financial situation and personal belongings to every thread though, all it shows is insecurity. We are all happy for you in your office job and big spending (wasting)habits. But as someone already mentioned, the real ballers on Beyond let their money talk for them, they dont need to remind you in every thread.

LOL, who said anything about being a fucking baller. I'm just a poor schmuck who likes to share.:rofl:

Bunch of fucking cry babies...LOL :drama: :rofl:

5hift
04-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Never said you were a baller because your not ... Like everyone else implied, for some reason you just desparately want to appear as one.

Cry babies? No.

Tired of hearing someone in their 30's with a average office job talk about their life and how they spend money in every thread like they are a CEO of some fortune 500 company? Yes.

LOL :drama: :rofl:

89coupe
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Tired of hearing someone in their 30's with a average office job talk about their life and how they spend money in every thread like they are a CEO of some fortune 500 company?

Don't fucking read them then, duh!

Also, don't fucking assume you know what I do, how I make my money, or what I spend it on...LOL

Holy fuck, whiney bitches.:rofl:

5hift
04-18-2008, 04:02 PM

Also, don't fucking assume you know what I do, how I make my money, or what I spend it on...LOL

I dont have to assume anything, I just have to wait 5 minutes for you to sidetrack another thread with your current financial situation.

Edit: Holy fuck, whiney bitches? No one is whining, what everone in this thread is doing is called making fun of you.

89coupe
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM

I dont have to assume anything, I just have to wait 5 minutes for you to sidetrack another thread with your current financial situation.

Edit: Holy fuck, whiney bitches? No one is whining, what everone in this thread is doing is called making fun of you.

Yeh its assuming.

Its just another form of whining.

But keep it up, I find it quite entertaining...LOL:rofl:

stunta666
04-18-2008, 04:15 PM
5hift you gotta spell check your shit, you missed the y in everyone. Now 89coupe is gonna make fun of you for not being able to spell, he already made me look like a dumbass.

bobby_lu
04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
let me guess..

LOL ?

Daan
04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Osteria di Medici

Redlyne_mr2
04-18-2008, 10:35 PM

Overated IMO.. just another restaurant in Calgary thats trying too hard, high price does not equal good food.. new money city=shitty restaurants. :)

The ranch in fish creek park is a great experience with good food and reasonably priced. Awesome experience on a snowy night like tonight.

Toms-SC
04-19-2008, 10:27 AM
What the fuck is with the 89coupe hating?

The guy is baller for food, he likes eating out.

Get the fuck over it.

Isaiah
04-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Get the fuck over it.
No shit. And he's right, a high end dinner in Calgary can go a hell of a lot higher than $95.

The original post he replied to:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
3 course dinner for 2 for $95? That actually sounds pretty cheap to me too.

japan_us
04-19-2008, 11:06 AM
+1 Divino

Thai Sa-On rocks IMO. Been there enough to know that the food is consistently good; never had a bad meal there yet.

I'm going to throw in Pizzaberg Cafe out in Okotoks, though it's not really inline with some of the other places mentioned.
Before asking, no, it's not just a pizza place, though they do serve this too. It's a TINY (seven or eight tables I think?) restaurant with some of the most amazing pasta (and pizza) in the Calgary area.
Not a single negative thing to say about the place, and I've been there enough to sample almost everything. On top of that, the prices are very fair. In fact, I think that they could charge more, but I won't be the one to tell 'em that.

My wife and I will often drive out there just for dinner. We live/work in downtown, and spend most of our driving time under 60km/h, so we actually like the drive.

stunta666
04-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Were not busting his chops cause he's baller for food. Were messing with him because of his this LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Even if your dropping $95 for lunch you dont say shit like that and not expect people to make fun of your ass for trying to look baller on the net. It was fun while it lasted and im pretty sure were all over it.
And to OP sorry for the thread jack!

badatusrnames
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
^^ Give it up already...

JordanEG6
04-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Get the fuck over it.

Who brags about $95 lunch tabs? First, no one gives a shit about his 'ballin' ass' expenses, second, he then assumes everyone else is a cheap skate student on a budget because we don't spend a bill to eat food. I bring a lunch to work, I guess I am THAT poor and/or cheap.

googe
04-20-2008, 03:04 AM
i thought it was funny :rofl:

it WAS a pretty dumb thing to say...

ekguy
04-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Who brags about $95 lunch tabs? First, no one gives a shit about his 'ballin' ass' expenses, second, he then assumes everyone else is a cheap skate student on a budget because we don't spend a bill to eat food. I bring a lunch to work, I guess I am THAT poor and/or cheap.

I dunno I'm a student on a budget and routinely pay well over 100$ for the tab for just me and my girlfriend. Good food is worth paying for....although the liquor usually amounts to a good 70% of the bill since we always order a bottle or 2 of wine....Damn I hate being french and liking wine sometimes haha.

Dunno why he thought 95$ is baller haha. I mean shit im a student and I can still manage that often enough.

And I agree with the comments of new money=new shitty restaurants. Pricing food very high does not automatically make the food taste better....which is what most places lately tend to expect the cost to make the customer think they are eating some good food.

Some of the best food in the Calgary area are in mom and pop shops...Place in Bragg Creek that's cheap as fuck and is in that little strip mall had some of the best donairs I've had in Calgary ever. And my girlfriend's pasta was very well done as well.

Also Denny's FTMFW hahahahaha I kid I kid haha.