PDA

View Full Version : PPV rules for restaurants

GingeRRRBeef
04-17-2008, 01:52 PM
just a question

there are rules concerning restaurants and stuff requiring to charge cover for hosting a PPV event?

ekguy
04-17-2008, 03:19 PM
it's up to the restaurant if they want to charge a cover or not. I'm assuming this is for the fight? Serra GSP?? Me and the boys from work are going to a restaurant we always go to after work to see the fight and they are charging 10$ but it includes a drink voucher.

GingeRRRBeef
04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
yeah so it's not restricted by the FCC or anything eh?

ekguy
04-17-2008, 03:47 PM
dunno what you mean by that but the way i understand it it's basically up to the owner if they want to charge for entrance or not. I know some places will surely let people watch for free but might have drink purchase minimums or something to ensure they don't have people running up a 20$ tab and sitting there for 3 hours or so.

googe
04-17-2008, 04:21 PM
i think hes asking about if they have to pay for a public showing.

not sure the answer, but ive been to pubs a lot of times with ppv on and never paid cover. they may still pay, but just eat the fee themselves.

fcc is american btw.

GingeRRRBeef
04-17-2008, 07:09 PM
yeah I know, probably should have said canadian equiv of the FCC (lazy)

Alright, thanx guys

badatusrnames
04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Technically they may not be able to explicitly charge cover to watch a PPV event - which I guess is basically reselling.

But what is to stop them from saying "We'll arbitrarily decide to charge cover tonight... oh look! The fight also happens to be on PPV - no coincidence though."

CRTC is the Canadian equivalent of the FCC BTW.

s_havinga
05-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I was told once that they HAVE to charge cover for a fight. but the way that this bar got around it was you paid $10 cover and got a $10 gift card that had to be used that night. so it was baisically free