PDA

View Full Version : 2010/2011 Acura NSX info... ish

Destinova403
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
apparently it is going to have "Chevrolet Corvette overtones" in its style. and that its platform is going to lead to more RWD offerings from Acura.

and the best news: it WONT look like the concept.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=232305

Xtrema
04-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, GTR set the tone, let's see if the V10 can beat the V6TT and Lexus's V8.

But with gas price keep going up and an economic down turn, how long before the supercar fad dies down like much of the mid-late 90s?

treg50
04-17-2008, 08:57 PM
It's going to be very interesting to see where this car slots in amongst all the other others in terms of price and performance. A V-10 is in Viper, Gallardo, and Carrera GT land --- the Viper is the least expensive of these three, approx. $100 000.

Can't wait for this car! :eek:

boxer23
04-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by treg50
It's going to be very interesting to see where this car slots in amongst all the other others in terms of price and performance. A V-10 is in Viper, Gallardo, and Carrera GT land --- the Viper is the least expensive of these three, approx. $100 000.

Can't wait for this car! :eek:

its also the most powerful with raw in-our face attitude;)

94boosted
04-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I think that the Gallardo and the Carrera GT are out of the Acura's league. And Viper's are freaking fast especially the new ones with 600hp.

finboy
04-17-2008, 10:33 PM
[that doesn't look like an nsx, it looks like a long s2000]

jsn
04-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I was hoping that that car was just a concept. I was really hoping that the new nsx would not resemble that car. Also the car is no longer mid engine???

Why even badge it as an nsx?

treg50
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 94boosted
I think that the Gallardo and the Carrera GT are out of the Acura's league.
I wouldn't say so, but it depends on how you look at it. Performance-wise, a Nissan just entered their league of laptimes on the Nurburgring... and it beat the Carrera GT. Let me guess, that was predictable when the new GT-R was a concept, just like the new NSX is a concept today.

Their league is where this Acura is going, so they'd better prepare for a new competitor.

:thumbsup:

95EagleAWD
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Front engine? Boo!

Redlyne_mr2
04-19-2008, 04:35 PM
This will either be a massive success or huge failure. So far it's not looking good, the NSX is meant to be midengine rwd.. what are they thinking?

Ashkente
04-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Front engine? Boo!

:werd:

95EagleAWD
04-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
This will either be a massive success or huge failure. So far it's not looking good, the NSX is meant to be midengine rwd.. what are they thinking?

Considering the original NSX wasn't a super duper sucess, I'm skeptical. Maybe the FR Coupe is the way to go for sales, but it sure shouldn't carry an NSX badge on it. Why bother anyways? It's not like NSX means much outside of the actual NSX community or enthusiasts who know about it.

arian_ma
04-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I think the only people who would be pissed that the car is FR would be NSX fanboys. It WOULD live up to its name regardless of what configuration it was (New Sports eXperience), and most people don't even know what the F an NSX is anyways so it doesn't really matter IMO.
The only thing that would matter is if the car looked like that POS on the front page of that article, which hopefully it won't.

ZorroAMG
04-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Performance figures or not, an NSX/GTR/Supra will never be in the same league as a Carrera GT or even a Gallardo for that matter. (Should be using the murcielago, not gallardo for the comparisons BTW)

Even if it's 150k, it's still not 400K.

Alpine Autowerks
04-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by treg50

I wouldn't say so, but it depends on how you look at it. Performance-wise, a Nissan just entered their league of laptimes on the Nurburgring... and it beat the Carrera GT. Let me guess, that was predictable when the new GT-R was a concept, just like the new NSX is a concept today.

Their league is where this Acura is going, so they'd better prepare for a new competitor.

:thumbsup:

What? The CGT was 10 seconds faster around the ring than the GT-R.

Redlyne_mr2
04-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Performance figures or not, an NSX/GTR/Supra will never be in the same league as a Carrera GT or even a Gallardo for that matter. (Should be using the murcielago, not gallardo for the comparisons BTW)

:werd: that being said a cgt kills a gtr in pretty much every aspect.

95EagleAWD
04-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I think the only people who would be pissed that the car is FR would be NSX fanboys. It WOULD live up to its name regardless of what configuration it was (New Sports eXperience), and most people don't even know what the F an NSX is anyways so it doesn't really matter IMO.
The only thing that would matter is if the car looked like that POS on the front page of that article, which hopefully it won't.

That's actually New Sports eXperimental.

arian_ma
04-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

That's actually New Sports eXperimental.
Thanks for the fix, :thumbsup: my point still stands though.

Fuji
04-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Acura engineer: Concept - we can defintiely fit a V-10 midengine.... Reality - there is no way in hell we can do it reasonably, so front engine it is!

treg50
04-21-2008, 12:09 PM
^ I guess they didn't think they people would buy a $200 000 NSX? It's a shame that they didn't go for it though... maybe one day when they get the rest of the Acura models sorted out...

I'll miss the awesome design of the NSX. The forward-cab and the longback section was so hardcore.

Kloubek
04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
I really would have preferred that they stuck with what made the old version such a great car:

Mid-engine
Low displacement/high power ratio (supercharged/turbo perhaps?)
Low, timeless design.

Here's an example of what I think would be a great replacement design. Called the HSC, but is an obvious NSX replacement...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/Honda-NSX-1-380x254.jpg

I'm less crazy about the side window design - but still prefer the overall look:

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/hondahsc03.jpg

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/as/autoshow2004/photos%5Cb_bbAcuraHSC.jpg

Jlude
04-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I really would have preferred that they stuck with what made the old version such a great car:

Mid-engine
Low displacement/high power ratio (supercharged/turbo perhaps?)
Low, timeless design.

Here's an example of what I think would be a great replacement design. Called the HSC, but is an obvious NSX replacement...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/Honda-NSX-1-380x254.jpg

I'm less crazy about the side window design - but still prefer the overall look:

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/hondahsc03.jpg

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/as/autoshow2004/photos%5Cb_bbAcuraHSC.jpg

I've been in love with the NSX since the first time I saw one in person.

Looking at that NSX concept picture, I felt a connection. We're meant to be together. I think it's amazing!

Renagades
06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
^^^Like that one a lot more
the one in the artice was ugly as hell and without the mid-engine layout its not even close to a classic NSX

HIDStop
06-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Agreed 100%.

Godfuader
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Performance figures or not, an NSX/GTR/Supra will never be in the same league as a Carrera GT or even a Gallardo for that matter.

:werd: Try and convinve the Jap Fanboys of this fact though. Their arguement is in the performance numbers. What needs to be taken into consideration is the complete package. The new GTR is an engineering marvel that can rape an enzo and a cgt blah blah....but it will never have the presence of a European Supercar. The Ferrari 355 will still draw more stares than the new GTR. Dont take this the wrong way, I sincerely love the new GTR, NSX & Supra/LFA...but everyone needs to stop comparing them to European supercars or domestic muscle.

hampstor
06-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

:werd: Try and convinve the Jap Fanboys of this fact though. Their arguement is in the performance numbers. What needs to be taken into consideration is the complete package. The new GTR is an engineering marvel that can rape an enzo and a cgt blah blah....but it will never have the presence of a European Supercar. The Ferrari 355 will still draw more stares than the new GTR. Dont take this the wrong way, I sincerely love the new GTR, NSX & Supra/LFA...but everyone needs to stop comparing them to European supercars or domestic muscle.

It is the poon factor. If you drive a Ferrari, more chicks will check out your ride. If you drive a GTR, more guys will be checking out your ride.

G-Suede
06-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

It is the poon factor. If you drive a Ferrari, more chicks will check out your ride. If you drive a GTR, more guys will be checking out your ride.

So what you're saying is the GTR is for gays. Let them have it, it's butt fucking ugly.