PDA

View Full Version : LF: working from home

rated_R
04-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know of companies that let you work from home. This is for an elderly person who is retired but wants to do something at home in her free time and make some extra money. This could include simple things such as assembling things, making crafts, cooking, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

badatusrnames
04-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I really can't suggest anything, but be wary. There are a lot of internet scams out there.

98type_r
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Rogers has call centre positions where you work from home, but I think it's like 6 weeks of full time training.

rated_R
04-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
but be wary. There are a lot of internet scams out there.

:werd: I been searching on the net and I can't trust any of the sites because most if not all are scams so I thought I would give beyond a try and see if anyone has first hand experience or knows someone that might help this person out.

rated_R
04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r
Rogers has call centre positions where you work from home, but I think it's like 6 weeks of full time training.

Where can I get some more info on this? It might not be the job for the elderly person (very limited knowledge of english) but something another friend of mine might be interested in.

edit: sorry about the double post :nut:

98type_r
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't know if this is an internal link only or not, but try it out.

https://rogers.taleo.net/servlets/CareerSection?art_ip_action=FlowDispatcher&ctx=1&flowTypeNo=13&pageSeq=2&art_servlet_language=en&reqNo=72302&csNo=-1

Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma/GED minimum.
Experience: minimum one year customer service/sales experience.
Highly developed professional telephone manner.
Flexibility to work shifts to meet customer demand.
Familiarity with Windows-based systems and internet navigation.
Ability to multitask by navigating through several screens while at the same time speaking with the customer.
Absorb information quickly and accurately and applies leanings to the job.
Takes initiative to increase learning.
Demonstrates ability to positively influence others (propose options/solutions to customer).
Ability to probe and ensure understanding of information provided.
Productively shares knowledge and opinions with others.
Displays good judgment and composure under pressure.
Deals with problem issues with a sense of urgency.
Offers customer-focused solutions supported by facts, knowledge and experience.
Presents information in a manner that addresses the needs of customers.
Takes ownership for escalating issues in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are addressed.
Commitment to respect schedules (be there on time and on regular basis).

rated_R
04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks 98type_r

topmade
04-18-2008, 02:01 PM
for your "other" friend, check kelly services. They hire for helpdesk positions and some of the accounts work from home.

Jason Lange
04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Is this by chance for a girlfriend?? ...haha jk:poosie:

eina15
04-20-2008, 06:54 PM
rated_R, there is a website called Etsy.com, its kind of like Ebay but only for handmade items, crafts etc. They give you your own free shop, and its actually quite a busy site. Many members make crafts in their spare time and post them up there, and others have full time careers doing this.

Just a suggestion :)