PDA

View Full Version : Mustang rental help

GT6
04-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Howdy all, my 1st post here. Found this place through a small classic car club forum in England re: Zoidbergs mighty success in the gone in 60 seconds business! :D :D :D

I love Canada, been a few times before, and Im going back in July to stay with some family friends. Ill be flying into Calgary and was wondering if any of you chaps or ladies might know where I could rent a Mustang or something similar, or maybe even some classic muscle.

Bit of a long shot I know, but the internet is coming up with nothing, and my Canadian friend looking for me has only managed to find Executive Cars which seem to be a touch expensive. Being only 22 I know Ill be paying through the nose for it anyway, but I want some more prices if anyone can get me onto some leads.

Thanks

Phil

5hift
04-18-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that most rental places in Calgary do carry mustangs. However most do not rent to under 25 without jacking the rates if they even will do that. On top of that, I'm guessing the mustangs availible for rent will be the lower end weak ones and not the v8s but I could be wrong.

Your best bet would be to try to go to google.ca and search calgary car rental; You'll see pretty much every company in our city.

topmade
04-18-2008, 02:40 PM
You'll have to get your buddy to call around, or you can call if you have a good long distance plan. I did a quick search and found a lot of companies, but none of them listed themselves as having a mustang specifically, they had other sports cars and convertibles that just said "or similar to this vehicle". But I have seen some rented mustangs so you should be able to find one.

GT6
04-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Ya, Ive found most companys just say some bland convertible or similar. :thumbsdow

ScottysZ
04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Hertz had some of the new Mustang GT-H's, which have 325hp. Theyre all automatics, but i think thatd be the best youll get. Just did a quick look and couldnt find if they have them in calgary, but get your buddy to call a Hertz agency here and you should get an answer pretty quick. Aside form that i dont think youll find anythign really fun to drive in the rental fleets.:thumbsup:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/american_performance/2007_ford_mustang_shelby_gt_h_rental_car_challenge_feature

If they still have them im sure theyre loads cheaper now, since they were really screwing people when they first came out.

Edit: alright, nevermind. :rofl:

brandon
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ScottysZ
Hertz had some of the new Mustang GT-H's, which have 325hp. Theyre all automatics, but i think thatd be the best youll get. Just did a quick look and couldnt find if they have them in calgary, but get your buddy to call a Hertz agency here and you should get an answer pretty quick. Aside form that i dont think youll find anythign really fun to drive in the rental fleets.:thumbsup:

Only available in certain airports in the U.S.

GT6
04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
awwwww :(

trieuth
04-19-2008, 12:25 AM
budget is the only car rental company that rents mustangs, and they dont rent them to anyone under 25.

GT6
04-19-2008, 04:00 AM
Thanks guys, but I think I may have found one :D Huuurrraaaaaaayyyyyyy :D

Hertz at the airport apparently! Extra $30 a day for under 25 but thats ok. And for somereason its a lot cheaper to book through .co.uk rather than .ca. $909 for the week or £290. I wonder why :confused: :burnout:

GT6
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I posted not so long back about renting a mustang when I fly into calgary in july. Hertz rent convertible stangs and I got a quote and the website seemed straight forward, Im 22 so 35$ extra per day is required. Fair enough.

Now theyre saying as im under 25 I cant rent one, which sucks big hairy monkey wang.

Anyways, anyone got any ideas where I can get hold of one or something similar? :( :dunno:

googe
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
weird. I thought you can always rent one, they just rape you on fees. some other rental companies off the top of my head...try avis, thrifty, budget, national

GT6
04-21-2008, 06:50 PM
They dont have them :(

toastgremlin
04-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Enterprise had some Mustangs last time I checked. Automatic, probably V6, though, and it's probably subject to availability.

They will rent to under 25, I think, as well.

Edit: Guess not, they don't even have convertibles in Calgary. I do remember seeing at least one rental agency that had them and would rent to under-25s, but that was for the Maritimes. I think it was either Enterprise or National (although the YYC National doesn't have them).

Here (http://www.calgaryairport.com/document.cfm?DID=1771&Dept=Internet) is the list of airport rental agencies, in case you missed some.

ExtremeSi
04-22-2008, 01:03 AM
I used to work at Hertz and they would rent Mustang GT coupes (all automatics) to people under 25, but not the convertables. Fun cars to drive for sure.
So unless they changed it, you could look into that and see if you can still rent it. It was a year ago, so maybe they changed it now.
Good luck :thumbsup:

GT6
04-22-2008, 02:28 AM
They dont have Mustang coupes either or Id have got one :(

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Ive tried all the ones at the airport. Gunna see if I can find something in Edmonton for a long shot.

Im going to go down to hertz where I live and see if they can clarify the age/prices.