PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Opel Insignia - PLEASE COME TO US!

Destinova403
04-18-2008, 04:37 PM
WHY WONT GM GIVE US CARS LIKE THIS?
i think it looks amazing.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008/04/2009_opel_insignia_officially.html

http://www.thetorquereport.com/opel_insignia-thumb.jpg

blownz
04-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Should be the next Aura. I totally agree that it looks better than pretty much everything in that class. Especially Accord and Camry.

Xtrema
04-18-2008, 05:00 PM
We have a car like this, calls G35.

403Gemini
04-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Not even close, the Opel doesnt look like an awkward sedan at all.

Im not a fan of g35 sedans... its like the cavalier/sunfire sedans - they just look dumb.

x.staygold.x
04-18-2008, 06:19 PM
That is a nice looking car...

SI_futbol
04-18-2008, 06:23 PM
fuck why as a saturn though, anything else

A790
04-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by SI_futbol
Why does it matter if it's a Saturn? Unless you need a badge on the car to keep your cock erect, a good car's a good car. :)

Graham_A_M
04-18-2008, 08:42 PM
^ Word. The Saturn Sky Redine is a helluva a nice car. :thumbsup:

This thing sure is beautiful though, I'd really like to see the interior.

DSM_1
04-18-2008, 08:44 PM
for some reason, some of the lines remind me of the Jag XF, which is gorgeous car, this is only by looking at the above pic.

Hakkola
04-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Not even close, the Opel doesnt look like an awkward sedan at all.

Im not a fan of g35 sedans... its like the cavalier/sunfire sedans - they just look dumb.

:werd: I always thought the G35 sedans looked awkward, like they were an after thought. They stretched it a bit and added 2 doors, the proportions just look wrong.

94boosted
04-18-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.thetorquereport.com/opel_insignia_3.jpg

Looks really good especially from this view IMO

dino_martini
04-18-2008, 10:17 PM
That should be the new Aura. :drool:

Mibz
04-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Last pic reminds me of a BMW 1 series with a Toyota Solara rear end.

Destinova403
04-19-2008, 12:31 AM
why does europe get ALL the nice GMs and Fords :( :( :(

even the engine choices kick ass... a small 4 cyl diesel or a bit v6 depending on what you want.

treg50
04-21-2008, 09:30 AM
That's a good looking car. It should be the new Saturn Aura for sure, the rear already has the right look.

blownz
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by SI_futbol

This is going to be the American manufacturers biggest problem.

The Americans could make a better car than the Japanese in every single category and they would still have sales issues because of opinions like this.

403Gemini
04-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by blownz

This is going to be the American manufacturers biggest problem.

The Americans could make a better car than the Japanese in every single category and they would still have sales issues because of opinions like this.

Agreed. If GM brought over Opel / Holden and closed down Saturn and released their euro cars under those names they'd sell A LOT because just from the Brand's a lone it would eliminate a lot of the nay-sayers out there.

heavyD
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Some people want better cars than Nissans.

Destinova403
06-04-2008, 05:04 PM
had to add something... the first official shots of the interior... and they look STUNNING!

i would take one of these over a g35 sedan in a second.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/04/first-official-shots-of-opel-insignia-interior-released/

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/06/vauxhallinsig_hi_03_450.jpg

Proboscis
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
What does it for me is that body line on the side. shooop...:D

avishal26
06-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Looks much nicer than any of the gm cars being sold here... even looks better than most import sedans.

I really wonder which nutsack is runnin GM NOrth America. Their Opels out in Europe are doing pretty good... can't say the same for their small car sales in North America.

BlackFyre
06-05-2008, 12:10 AM
The car kinda has a BMW meets new accord, meets saturn feel. I don't know why, but for a 4 door sedan it makes me droooooooool. :drool:

GTS Jeff
06-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Word. The Saturn Sky Redine is a helluva a nice car. :thumbsup:

This thing sure is beautiful though, I'd really like to see the interior. Vauxhall VX220

Ferio_vti
06-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Vauxhall VX220

Opel Speedster

/////AMG
06-05-2008, 09:24 AM
This looks way better than the current vectra. Cant wait to see this. :thumbsup:

Destinova403
06-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Theres some cool technology going into the Open and Vauxhall Insignia... lets hope that some of it makes it to North America when this becomes the new Aura

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/19/vauxhall-insignia-sports-all-seeing-front-camera-system-w-video/

revelations
06-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Once again, the Euros get the cars, we get the fat SUVs and trucks.... good thing thats going to change soon !

If the name bothers you, just strip off the badges replace them with Opel stuff from ebay or something.... reminds me of the IS300 - Altezza craze back in the day.

treg50
06-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by revelations
Once again, the Euros get the cars, we get the fat SUVs and trucks.... good thing thats going to change soon !

If the name bothers you, just strip off the badges replace them with Opel stuff from ebay or something.... reminds me of the IS300 - Altezza craze back in the day.

Instead of rice it's now called potatoes. MF'ing potatoers with their potatoe-rockets all potatoed-out.

dinglenuts
06-24-2008, 03:56 PM
this looks almost the same as the new malibu we have here.

Destinova403
07-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Itll be available in a hatch too apparently... making its debut in London soon.

as top gear said... "that is a handsome car"

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/03/british-motor-show-preview-opel-insignia-to-debut-in-hatch-and/

here is the hatch version
i wonder if well get it when this comes here as the new Saturn Aura in a couple years.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/07/opel-insignia-hatch--02.jpg

gtr34
07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
looks sweet:thumbsup:

blownz
07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Really impressed so far!

treg50
07-03-2008, 01:35 PM
That new pic is hot -- hatch :thumbsup:

stinky_1
07-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by blownz

Were still waiting for them to make one though so we can test this theory :drama:

for the record, I like the new saturns sold as rebadged opels.

Destinova403
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by stinky_1

Were still waiting for them to make one though so we can test this theory :drama:

for the record, I like the new saturns sold as rebadged opels.

here you go... i knew id be able to quote myself after i posted this

i pity you for your ignorance.

read consumer reports and watch the quality surveys... the Korean brands are moving up very quickly, as are the domestics... MB was very close to the bottom last year (have since moved up the rankings) and Toyota is having models removed from the recomended lists due to bad reliability on some of their newer cars/trucks.

EX:

Consumer Reports gave the CTS top honors in the upscale sports sedan segment, beating out the BMW 3-Series, Mercedes C-Class, and Lexus IS

2008 Mid-Sized cars quality survey: (J.D. Power & Associates)

1: Chevrolet Malibu
2: Mitsubishi Galant
3: Ford Fusion

Where is the Camry or Accord?

RATM
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM
consumer reports blows
the J.D. Power's Initial Quality survey sucks cock and is absolute garbage as well, those facts of the Malibu, Fusion, Galant mean nothing
i mean, the only useful survey is their long term test survey which reveals over an extended period of time how reliable a car is. Almost all new cars built are reliable for the first 40 thousand km (GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota are building the best cars they've ever made now). The Ford Fusion is one of best sedans to hit the market, and the best vehicle Ford has produced in the last 5 years, but its still not on par with a new Accord (The Ford 4 cylinder is adequate at best)
http://www.cars.com/go/crp/buyingGuides/Story.jsp?section=Passenger&story=cc_midSedans&subject=stories&year=New

KRyn
07-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Holy shit that is a nice looking car! Option of a diesel engine is the key selling point to me.

BigDannyCool
07-15-2008, 05:56 PM
it looks similar to thr 09 maxima

jsn
07-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I honestly don't get what they're thinking. Isn't it obvious why their sales are so low? They don't bring over any of the good cars. All the good cars are in Europe while all the shit is in NA:banghead:

Like noted above, this car looks way better than anything else in its class for sure.

reno97637
07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I will definitely buy this when it comes out.

Cowtown_Raider
07-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Sadly, it's looking like GM will not be bringing the Insignia over as a Saturn for 2010. I'm disappointed because the lease on my 07 Aura is up in 2010 and I would strongly consider another one:

From GMI:

It is one of the most-anticipated new Saturn products to date. Nothing is more important than a brand's midsize sedan. While the current Saturn Aura received much fanfare during its launch in late 2006, sales have been only so-so. As most of our readership knows, Saturn was supposed to get one of the first Epsilon II cars in mid 2009 as a 2010 model. That has, however, potentially changed.

GMInsidenews has learned that GM has placed the far-along 2010 Saturn Aura program on HOLD. Last week the Fairfax, Kansas plant was notified of the change. Keep in mind that the plant has already received much of the tooling for the new product. What GMI is hearing is that GM has had second-thoughts on the program (we heard possibly to rethink the car's fuel economy?). At the current time no information has become available as to WHY, specifically, the program is now on hold when it is so far along.

Such a change so close to the product's launch is very unusual, but with all the shuffling going on at GM right now, we are not entirely surprised. This does bring up the question: will this delay the Aura’s launch? We have yet to hear that, but when you place such a car on hold when it is this far along…it will probably cause delays on the launch. The car was originally intended to launch in fall 2009 as a 2010 model-year vehicle.

Review: GMI has confirmed with four independent sources that the Aura program has been put on hold as-of last week. There is no word at this time as to what sparked the hold. Stay with GMINSIDENEWS for the latest as we are always getting information.

And from ACATT:

When asked to confirm the hold placed on the Saturn Aura, Lutz stated that it was true that the Aura will not be synchronized with the launch cycle of the Opel Insignia in Europe. The original plan had been to short-cycle the Aura, but by giving the Aura a normal life cycle GM can save some dollars. The Aura has picked up some now that a four cylinder is available.